It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristin Beck for Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I know this is going to bring some angry folk but oh well I will share anyway. So Kristin Beck the transgender former Navy SEAL is running for congress and seems like she just may be a decent candidate but I know many won't give her a chance just because of the transgender aspect. I may make a point to vote this go around though.

Beck for congress

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Not your usual Progressive drone.

Not much on the issues other than this:

The only time her Web site broaches the issue is when she declares that “gay rights, marriage and a host of other issues should not be directed by a few old white guys in Washington D.C.” but left for the states to decide.

This limited-government ideology doesn’t play well with most LGBT activists, who seek sweeping federal protections.

And have they mentioned that she’s trying to take out an incumbent who strongly supported gay marriage in 2012?

“I wouldn’t vote for a trans candidate just because she is trans,” said Sarah McBride, the first openly trans person to work in the White House. “And from what I know, there are policies that Kristin supports that give me pause. But anytime a transgender person is willing to tell their story and stand up and say this is my community, that’s beneficial.”

But that is a good start. Need more information about stances on 1st and 2nd and 4th Amendments, Foreign Policy, Domestic Economics, etc.
edit on 22-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Found it:

www.beck4congress.us...

Term Limits, Simplified Tax Code, Simplified Business Taxes.

Agree with 80-85% of issues. Definite Centrist, many good plans / ideas. Definitely NOT a progressive drone.

www.beck4congress.us...

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Very cool. She has a ton of cross-appeal with both sides.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Saw a Joe Rogan hour long interview with her. She seems down to earth and pretty cool.

Plus she's literally been through more heavy stuff than most humans go through in a lifetime combined. I think she could handle the pressure of public office.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've met her briefly a couple of times actually and she is very down to earth with a sense of humor. As a veteran and Trans Woman I find her very inspiring and and relatable to my own experiences.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

top topics

join