It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed man flags down LAPD seeking help - they shoot him in the head and handcuffing him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: subfab

It is about handcuffed the dead guy.

the handcuffing is less important than the reason for the gun shot.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There has never, and will never be a good reason to shoot an unarmed person, who is not posing an immediate risk to the public, or an officers life. Since an unarmed man has to be within arms reach in order to be dangerous to anyone, using a gun to "control" the situation will always be the wrong thing to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Brucee

Par for the course.

And people wonder why I have the attitude I do about police?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Seems the ability to assess a situation has flown out the window. That poor man

w i n d o w is filtered?
edit on 6/21/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

the handcuffing is less important than the reason for the gun shot.

What? This is profanation of the body.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

all i saw in the video was the dude on the ground with his head bleeding. i want to know what happened before the shot. to jump up and say, "Police are out of control!!" i want to know the whole story.
the eagerness for people to jump to conclusion is just as frightening as an unarmed suspect getting gunned down.
no police officer gets up out of bed and thinks, "i'm going to kill someone today."
the job of being a police officer is getting more difficult every day; and attitudes like the ones i read on internet forums doesn't help matters any.

I just conclude on what I see and what I see is that there is a man unconscious, bleeding from the head and the police turn him around and put handcuffs on, instead of giving him first help and assistance!!

I am sorry to tell you that 95% of the police today are hidden psychopaths. They are not here to protect, they are here to exercise their power on other people.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
be able to put up a fight. train your family. make it clear to them there are easier houses to rape and pillage. and when push comes to shove, respond with such overwhelming firepower, in such short time, that some cop in beijing will think twice before he kicks HIS next door in on the other side of the world. remember, stand up for what is right, even if it means your life.... no on is getting out of here alive, after all.

Your reaction to this, "respond with such overwhelming firepower", just about sums up the whole problem.

It is the gun culture...the proliferation of firearms within the general population (not to mention the near universal possession of "firepower" within the criminal community) that makes Police jumpy to begin with.

To suggest that the solution to trigger-happy cops, is to trains the wife and kiddies how to respond with overwhelming force if the Police get out of line - if that were to become the norm - would only serve to ratchet up the levels of force the Police would use in routine situations.

Here is the real solution:

1) Leave the guns at home (and at home keep them in a safe place, if you feel you must have one).
2) If you are stopped by the Police...just comply with their requests (for your own personal safety), but document - and later report - all illegal stops, searches and seizures.
3) Keep the videos rolling - and publish every single case of Police misconduct
4) Protest on the street, and at the ballot box, if Police are not fired - and then prosecuted - for use of excessive force and the violation of citizen's rights
5) Insist that all Police wear Body Cams, and that all recordings are made public...do a local fund drive to buy them, if need be.
6) Put pressure on Police Chiefs, District Attorneys, Judges and Mayors, who try to turn a blind eye to the actions of bad Cops...up to and including campaigns designed to force the firing or resignation of such people.

This is a huge problem in the United States right now. But, this is a situation where "the pen" (letters, emails, petitions, videos, news media, blogs, new laws) will be mightier than "the sword".

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Gladly I am not living in the States - but even hear in Europe the police starts getting mad.

It really looks like they get brainwashed.

Comparing them to the good old days where they were polite and helpful they first think today that you are a criminal or a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Unless you are out prowling the streets and attempting to dish out your own particular brand of totalitarian justice you attitude is of little concern. Its there attitude that's alarming, especially so considering the frequency such events are occurring. It's almost like they wish your citizenry to riot just so they can try out all that surplus military grade hardware they have be issued.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

An actual article about the incident instead of just a paragraph. Sounds like earlier the same day a situation occurred and the guy (different) did have a gun.

Handcuffing somebody is pretty standard. I know why it upsets people, but it's not something that's going to change. People that have demonstrated themselves to be dangerous or give the appearance of it are going to get handcuffed.

@ Andy - is there a version of that stat that shows how many of those killed were armed and/or engaged in a violent felony? Is that stat supposed to only be unarmed people who were supposedly no threat? I ask every time somebody trots that stat out and nobody answers.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So now we have to worry about a cop's previous encounter every time we are confronted with them?

What If my previous encounter with a cop wasn't great? Do I get to use that as justification to scream at the next cop I see?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
no police officer gets up out of bed and thinks, "i'm going to kill someone today."

In the same way that no airline pilots wake up & think "I'm going to kill myself & a 'plane full of people today"?

However, I do agree that part of the story is not enough to go on.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So you guys are all on twitter, so were able to watch the video? I am not, so can't see it. If the description in the OP is correct it is pretty shocking. If you need help, don't look for a cop!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Can you quote me where I said that?

No, because I didn't. Citing an example of a similar incident that occurred the same day isn't an exoneration of this incident.

Spin - denied.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Ok. My mistake then.

I have heard that you are one of the good guys (LEO). If so, please keep it up and you have my full support and respect if you do.

Take care out there.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I think it's time to disarm the police, criminals and other gangs and arm all responsible and legitimate citizens. It's becoming more and more obvious that weapons in the hands of police is not a viable option.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I think it's time to disarm the police, criminals and other gangs and arm all responsible and legitimate citizens. It's becoming more and more obvious that weapons in the hands of police is not a viable option.

Cheers - Dave

How exactly do you expect to disarm criminals and other gangs but not "responsible and legitimate citizens" ?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
FFS!!

Come on America FIGHT BACK
They're (the police) are MURDERING you..

They are an out of control legal gang hiding behind their badge.

Words are not gonna fix this, actions might..

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If handcuffing someone with a bullet wound to the head is standard practice the mind boggles.

How does that man lying on the ground with what appears to be the back of his head blown out in any way warrant restraint? Even if he is not completely dead yet he is certainly incapacitated.
edit on 21-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

An actual article about the incident instead of just a paragraph. Sounds like earlier the same day a situation occurred and the guy (different) did have a gun.

An earlier incident which is totally unrelated does not justify the shooting of an unnarmed man.

What was your purpose for providing that useless, unrelated piece of information?

"Some dude earlier today had a gun so let's shoot this guy too"

This is why you NEVER ask the police for help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join