It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Devils in Whitehaven Airshow mid-air parachute drama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The Army parachutists were performing at the Whitehaven Air Show yesterday evening when one of the parachutists chutes failed to open , his team mate caught him mid-air and brought him safely to the ground ..... or water in this case.

A message on the show's Facebook page said both were alright.
It said: "We can confirm that the Red Devil parachutists are both safe and sound. For the first time in 25 years they had a parachute fail.
"One team member caught his team-mate and brought him into Queens Dock. Our safety procedures worked perfectly and a huge thank you to Whitehaven Marina for getting them out of the water so quickly."
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 19-6-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

his team mate caught him mid-air and brought him safely to the ground

That put a fat smile on my face

He was 'probably' the only person on a planet of 7 billion people to be saving someone's life in mid-fricking-air!

Jeez, the most exciting thing I did yesterday was argue with my boss and work late. Today I'll have to reckless it up and begin to think about maybe going full-metal jacket with a strong coffee and extra sugar.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Today I'll have to reckless it up and begin to think about maybe going full-metal jacket with a strong coffee and extra sugar.

Good luck with that mate but beware of ....

Here's a video of the two parachutists coming back to Terra Firma.

Makes ya proud to be British.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: gortex

Today I'll have to reckless it up and begin to think about maybe going full-metal jacket with a strong coffee and extra sugar.

Oooh. Tough guy!

Gortex: Inspiring story! It's good to know there are people in the world so much braver than I am.

new topics

top topics

join