It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100GB of NASA Space Photos Turned Into Epic 4K Time-Lapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i think the iss station looks real but the earth looks weird.
first of all in some of the shots it skews in a way that, if you should follow the circle/globe and paint the rest of it, it would be a strange oval shape.

also, it looks like pretty lame green screen CGI.

nothing about the earth looks real to me. looks like computer graphics from the late 2000s.
The ISS however, looks real. its like there is a green screen behind the ISS.

Just looks fake tbh.

And if its not, then still, the angle or the curve, of the globe is skewed and becomes an elliptic shape.
very strange indeed.

also on most of the shots the camera is using that fisheye effect to create the illusion of a globe.
I dunno. Im not a flat-earther or anything but it just looks wierd all over.
edit on 19-6-2015 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Kapusta

Amazing!

You know when dad shows up, you shared something pretty special! lol

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
HAY!
I thought we could NOT see Stars in space?
we can even see gas clouds!
oh nice vid.

Well, when I see a video showing the view looking outwards from the ISS, with the stars, planets, Sun and Moon going by over a full orbit, I'll reconsider my belief that nothing is visible when looking into deep space. I don't think such a video will ever be available.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
HAY!
I thought we could NOT see Stars in space?
we can even see gas clouds!
oh nice vid.

Of course you can see stars in space (many astronauts commented on their experience of that), you just need to be shielded from sunlight or any sunlit surfaces. The Sun is extremely bright and spoils your dark vision. Stars are very dim, and you need dark-adapted eyes, or long exposure for your camera (as was used for these night-time timelapse shots).

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Really? It never occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, they're using wide field lenses to capture as much as possible? Oh no, it has to be because they're trying to "fake" the idea the earth isn't flat.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: iDope

That is some great CGI! If a Hollywood movie like Gravity could do it on 100mil, imagine what NASA does on billions. Impressive.

ISS is real. I've seen it myself. Care to prove that it isn't and that I'm part of a massive hoax?

If reality is what people claim to have seen then bigfoot, mothmen, fairies, dragons, elves, various alien species, wmd's in Iraq, etc, are all real and irrefutible. But yes ISS is real since you have scene it. I was also being sarcastic in my post hence the
but is there evidence that proves that the video is real and not doctored? It was heavily edited. Anything heavily edited must have errors, flaws, and information not deemed for the public

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

The Earth isn't totally flat
its curved like a contact lense, underneath it is a giant turtle carrying our crescent shaped earth on it's back around the cosmos. Nearly everyone knows that but science says differently. So, we repeat what science says in order to not be heretics, but inside know the truth.

Have you ever seen a picture of the entire Earth in one picture? Have you ever seen the other side of the moon, without pictures from NASA?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The Earth isn't totally flat
its curved like a contact lense, underneath it is a giant turtle carrying our crescent shaped earth on it's back around the cosmos. Nearly everyone knows that but science says differently. So, we repeat what science says in order to not be heretics, but inside know the truth.

Have you ever seen a picture of the entire Earth in one picture? Have you ever seen the other side of the moon, without pictures from NASA?

You would see the other side of the moon if the earth were flat. The earth is not flat. And do explain why if the earth is flat and the sun and moon are only a few thousand miles away, how it is that there is the midnight sun phenomenon in antarctica, how it is that the moon is a constant width from rising to setting, and how it is that the sun is also a constant width from rising to setting?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I was also being sarcastic in my post hence the
but is there evidence that proves that the video is real and not doctored? It was heavily edited. Anything heavily edited must have errors, flaws, and information not deemed for the public

Or maybe they just wanted to make a nice montage! Yes, ISS is real!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The only reason someone would think that views of Earth from the ISS are fake or CGI, is a malignant enmity towards anything that is mainstream, accepted, or coming from authorities. If they gave you a ticket to the ISS so that you could look at our planet with your own eyes, you'd probably still claim that it's all fake.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I have already pointed out to you that I was being sarcastic, and yet you keep maintaining the stance that I am being super-serial, thus the reasons why I am making claims of the Earth being flat-convex. Obviously you take great pride in the ISS when it is a meager achievment compared to what is really going on in space exploration. If you can see it in broad daylight from the ground, how can it be really that high up? It is not that far into space, simply a treehouse in the highest canopy of our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If you can see it in broad daylight from the ground, how can it be really that high up?

It is the largest object in low earth orbit, by far, and is highly reflective. It reaches magnitudes significantly brighter than daylight's glow. Its altitude can be independently verified by amateurs on the ground. In fact two people working together just a few miles apart can directly measure its altitude using parallax.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I'm surrounded by some high end 4K tvs all the time at work.

I'm going to try and watch this on the 70 on a Saturday and blow minds

Thanks for sharing.

I did this today on a samsung 65 inch 4K ultra hdtv.

Goosebump material I say! Epic is an understatement.

Here at work we all realized how infinitesimally small we truly are. Awesome stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If you can see it in broad daylight from the ground, how can it be really that high up?

It is the largest object in low earth orbit, by far, and is highly reflective. It reaches magnitudes significantly brighter than daylight's glow. Its altitude can be independently verified by amateurs on the ground. In fact two people working together just a few miles apart can directly measure its altitude using parallax.

Yup, it is impressive , with an orbit around the Earth at a mere 200-270 miles altitude, so incredible. So it is that easy to see in daylight though? It is only 240ftx355ft. thus a wide 747. Plus the ISS is nearly 20 years old and looks like something out of a crap 60's sci-fi movie. How is that impressive? By it's size? by the altitude? By what they do up there? LOL billions upon billions by nearly 20 countries and we get a 4 minute timelapsed video I would pay a few bucks to see once on IMAX.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yup, it is impressive , with an orbit around the Earth at a mere 200-270 miles altitude, so incredible. So it is that easy to see in daylight though? It is only 240ftx355ft. thus a wide 747. Plus the ISS is nearly 20 years old and looks like something out of a crap 60's sci-fi movie. How is that impressive? By it's size? by the altitude? By what they do up there? LOL billions upon billions by nearly 20 countries and we get a 4 minute timelapsed video I would pay a few bucks to see once on IMAX.

They built in orbit to do research, the pretty pictures are a bonus. It is the largest most complex space vehicle ever constructed by far.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i want to see this in a theater full surround!!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

Just #ing sware! FFS! Grow up!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

By what they do up there?

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 6/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope
I think the key here is that the Sun is incredibly, blindingly bright, and such a large metallic object as the ISS will reflect a lot of this light back at earth.

Even the much smaller "Iridium" satellites, which have door-sized antenna panels covered with highly-polished metal, reflect enough light during an "Iridium flare" as to be visible in daylight (and very impressivly bright at night time).

Of course, daytime sightings aren't that obvious; you need to know exactly where to look.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

thx for sharing

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join