It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramadan Begins!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! And I wish happiness for you as well.

I try to avoid conflict, anger, and anything negative during this month, so I may not touch some threads here. I saw one thread that broke my heart (the church shooting). But some of the comments got my blood boiling. Instead of jumping in, I just closed the tab. I figure it's better for me not to respond at all than to possibly make something worse.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienscot1
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Happy Ramadan to you, Ramadan Mubarak. Good to know the proper salutation.

Thank you & Ramadan Kareem in response. Truthfully, I don't mind how people greet me as long as it's with positivity. But I guess it never hurts when wanting to greet others.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Salamat Ramadan. That's the Indonesian version.

Thank you & may you have a blessed Ramadan as well. I've never heard that version so that's pretty cool. It's actually making curious to see how people say it in other languages now.

PS I'm responding one at a time b/c I haven't figured out how to respond to multiple posts in the same response.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That's the thing - Some holidays are "happies" but others are times of reflection and more somber. Which is Ramadan? A time of happiness and joy or a time of somber reflection.

In order to convey the best Anglicized wishes, we need to know. Should we say "blessed" or "happy?" I'd feel awkward saying Happy Ramadan to a group of somberly fasting and reflecting people just like I don't tend to say Happy Memorial Day to a group of people laying flowers in a cemetery.

Ramadan can be either. My Mom absolutely loves Ramadan & gets incredibly happy during the entire month. I get very introverted & try to get as much reading, writing, and reflecting done as possible. So it may just depend on the person.

Also, there are different traditions & customs, depending on where you are. Those can change the mood. for example, many Muslim communities may have huge banquets every day to break fast. Some of my favorite experiences were with Somalian communities. The women would prepare massive banquets for breaking fast. And when I'd ask how I could help or what I could bring, they'd just tell me to bring myself & my appetite.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
Happy ramadan everyone !!

Have the best times of your life and may your prayers be answered .

Ramadan Kareem brother. And I hope the same for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Ramadan Mubarak to all who observe it.

Gotta say Ramadan breakfast on the rooftop at sunset when I was in Cairo was the BEST dang meal I had in 10 years!

Nom om om .

Thank you & Ramadan Kareem. At first I was a little confused by "breakfast" at "evening", because I was thinking about the American word for "breakfast" lol. Don't mind me, brain not 100% right now...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join