It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare glitch leaves sick woman ironically uninsured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
An strange dilemma for a women to be in.

She signs up for an ObamaCare policy because she worked part time.

Then she gets a full time job that gives insurance.

BUT...

The new insurance company won't "activate" because the ObamaCare policy doesn't seem to be able to cancel.

And the ObamaCare policy won't cover because she is trying to cancel it.

Maybe the lady needs to retain Lois Lerner "of council" next year when the IRS will probably want a "double-fine" out of spite.

2-for1 on sale for 1/2 price all day today !!

One more success story never hurts eh.

And as an added kicker, it seems the ObamaCare laws make it "illegal" for her to deal directly with an exchange based policy company !!

Salt and a Cat-o'-Nine Tails.

Obamacare glitch leaves sick woman ironically uninsured

After paying her dues as a part-timer, Ashley Applegarth was rewarded with a full-time gig in Salt Lake City's accounting department. The job comes with better hours, better pay, and perhaps most importantly for this young mother, benefits.

Until now, the Affordable Care Act has given Ashley a much needed stop-gap because it allowed her to apply for medical insurance through the healthcare marketplace.

Now that she has insurance through her employer, she has tried to cancel that marketplace policy. Ashley says they can't seem to get it cancelled.

"They keep saying it's a technical error," she said.

It's a Technical Boondoggle

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Oh my god, that obamacare is turrible, nobody ever got lost in paper work before ever, slow news day, kinda hard to find some dirt on your boy obama.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't pay the premium and policy will cancel. There is an unlikelyhood the new company can refuse coverage from date she became eligible to the group policy forward. Health insurance doesn't have the "stacking" restrictions. You can have 2 companies, one primary and the other, secondary.

Once a Certificate of Coverage is given to the ACA policy, they should cancel retro.

Could be the new group policy is in ACA too...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That'll teach her for wanting to work full-time.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well the Republicans wanted to leave tens of millions uninsured, but I guess you can't count so maybe we can't blame you for this stupid post.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

How the hell is that ?

Government is the largest health insurance provider in the country. That accounts for over 100 million people alone.

Then figure in the private insurers.

Then figure in Reagans EMTLA.

'10s of millions' without insurance ?

My snip.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well the Republicans wanted to leave tens of millions uninsured, but I guess you can't count so maybe we can't blame you for this stupid post.

Perhaps the Republicans did want to.

But the Democrats actually did it.

DaaHaHaHa

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So let's not base conversation with intelligent opinions and facts, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Tens of millions lost their insuurance when Obamacare was enacted.

But that's okay?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh my god, that obamacare is turrible, nobody ever got lost in paper work before ever, slow news day, kinda hard to find some dirt on your boy obama.

We were promised that Obama care would save the average family $2,500 / year.
We were told that the reason we needed Obama care was that there were millions of uninsured people out there.
I have had medical insurance without a gap for 35 consecutive years. My costs have risen tremendously since Obama care passed.
There are still millions of people uninsured.

How is Obama care a success?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Because Barack and msnbc say it's a success and if you don't think it is you can't science

top topics

join