It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something fundamentally rotten in United States, poll says it all.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
Why would anyone attack the US it's like swatting a wasps nest and covering urself in jam.... Ain't gonna end well....

Anyways

Isn't America a super hornets nest?

See what I did there lol

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So it seems that we are damned if we do, or damned if we don't? I will simply say this capitalism and the current form of, for want of a better word, democratic government that America has in place certainly won't address our problems regarding the distribution of wealth amongst our populations. Truth be told it simply ignores the problem of poverty on a daily bases at best and at worst exasperates the situation by allowing the top 1% to get rich at the expense of the rest.

No it doesn't. The problem here is that you're expecting the government to fix the problem, whereas I see the individuals--both the poor and the well-to-do people in the local society--as being the ones that need to step up to the plate. That's how it used to be, until all of this crap about welfare and social security and every other program set up by our government to "help" the poor was signed into law. Now we have a system of perpetual poverty that I would argue is kept in place by the exact systems set up to (on the surface, anyway) help end poverty.

And your attitude isn't really on point--it's not about being "damned if we do, or damned if we don't," it's about being able to accept that nothing will ever be perfect, but you make the best with what you have, and if a system is in place where you can at least try to make it better (at the subjective level), then you try.

I think the Rolling Stones said it best: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well, you just might find you get what you need."

The word "try" in that lyric is what really matters--many people in America have given up any real effort in trying to better their situation when they truly do have most every opportunity to do so (even if it means moving to a different area). Wealth redistribution won't cure the invasive disease of apathy in modern culture, but will, in my estimation, foster more of it.

<< 1  2   >>

join