It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kid has a voter registration form as "homework" to sign someone up. What should I do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Is this even legal? I find it weird considering it's the last few days, and it has nothing to do with her education. Political agenda?

How do I approach this?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: prisoner60863
Is this even legal? I find it weird considering it's the last few days, and it has nothing to do with her education. Political agenda?
How do I approach this?

It's a lesson in civics...and don't ever forget that politicians quake in fear at the prospect of a large turn-out.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Need more detail.

Age, private or public, location, etc.

Probably a Civics lesson.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

How do I approach this?

As long as no-one pre-filled it out for you, it's all good.

Unless the teacher looks at all the party affiliations and tosses the ones they don't like.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: prisoner60863

i suggest you sit down with the teacher to discuss the assignment. that way, you actually know what his/her rationale is instead of speculating as to her nefarious political leanings and affiliations on a forum dedicated to being paranoid. thats just my advice.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

8th grade

Charter school

Nyc

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I totally agree with the civics lesson, and we talk to her at home so she knows. On the other hand, to get a minor to get someone to sign up for a political party, I dont think it should be a mandatory homework assignment.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the Obamanation. They can't do math in their heads anymore or recognize English but they can be good little Obama youth and go to riots, endorse candidates, and probably recite the communist manifesto soon.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fill it out with a fake name, registered under the Communist Party.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Welcome to the Obamanation. They can't do math in their heads anymore or recognize English but they can be good little Obama youth and go to riots, endorse candidates, and probably recite the communist manifesto soon.

Really?

I got sent home with a voter registration in the 60s. Civics Class.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you want more people voting?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Really?

In middle school or as a Senior in high school? Big difference.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I totally agree with the civics lesson, and we talk to her at home so she knows. On the other hand, to get a minor to get someone to sign up for a political party, I dont think it should be a mandatory homework assignment.

Just write a nice letter of objection to the teacher.

If there are any repercussions, then you can use a stronger voice.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Really?

In middle school or as a Senior in high school? Big difference.

Oh yeah, big difference in an excuse to blame Obama.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

If my mom had ever seen homework like that I am sure my teacher would hear about it at some point. I was always told to not do homework or anything that didn't sit well with me.. My mom would have written a note explaining why I did not do the homework, and why my discussion with my mom about not doing the homework did more for the development of my mind than following orders could..

Then again I stopped doing homework when I was in first grade.. except if it was something fun in math or science.

It depends on what you want you kid to be like. Free thinking with the possibility of not caring for the system we are in, or following learning paths, that are more and more geared towards making money in life, rather than being able to think.. In fact the future of having "money" seems like it will go to whoever can make their own rules up for making a living..

In an economic collapse, knowing a college course could be good, depending on what it is; the thought that someone above you has the answer, and you can rest easy based on your past, will be a killer...

So schooling is a double edged sword..

And in the case of homework being signing people up to vote..
I would ask the kid if they want to do that, or if they know what voting means..
Seeing how they are not old enough to vote,
I would skip the homework and have a discussion about voting instead..

You are not a Slave Lol...

edit on 16-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sign up the family pet. They probably didn't specify it had to be a human voter.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

How do I approach this?

Could just be an innocent assignment. However A few months ago a charter school in California, (That shall be nameless) sent home a survey asking if there were guns in their home.... Well as you would expect a few people were pretty miffed at that. A teacher took the blame for the survey however the forms were printed district wide and sponsored by a group of anti-gun activists who owned the property the charter school was located on.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised at all what gets sent home anymore....

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't think schools really care what's legal anymore. At least one of the public schools here is going to start drug-testing all the student athletes....

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Really?

You must have forgotten Obama has a time machine. Everything is Obama's fault.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

if it were my kid I would use it as a lesson in what to do if ever approached by someone with such a form, the proper reaction and response with this particular course of action, rip it into 1000 tiny pieces and flush it down the toilet. That is what it is worth and that is where it belongs!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join