It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Terrorists Attacking Military Bases Inside U.S.! Two Shot!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

JACKSONVILLE, AR – The Little Rock Air Force Base has been placed on lockdown after a shooting at the front gate on Vandenberg Drive.
In a news release issued just after 10:30 a.m. Monday, base officials said two individuals had been taken to the hospital after an active threat occurred at around 9:15.
The Jacksonville Police Department told reporter Drew Petrimoulx at the scene that they believe the individuals tried to gain access to the base and were shot.
The base has currently locked down all entry control points to the installation and the base’s gates are closed to inbound and outbound traffic until further notice.
First responders for the base are on-scene coordinating with Jacksonville Police Department and the Air Force Office of

Breaking! Terrorists Attacking Military Bases Inside U.S.! Two Shot!

Good Evening all......I'm very surprised this didn't make it to ATS yet.

Absolutely no idea what to make of this, it hasn't made any news at all.......and would think that the MSM would be drooling all over themselves for this, given the previous base shootings. Reaching out to my old buddies to see if there is something more to the story.

Edit-not trying to sensationalize this, their title, not mine.
Interesting, went to a link in the comments section for the 'full' story, and the story is gone.

edit on 15-6-2015 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Isn't this occurring in the Jade Helm AO..?

Hopefully so, otherwise we really do have an issue here...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Terrorists attacking? Where did you read that? A bit sensationalist, no? Some tools tried to gain access to a military base and were apparently shot.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

www.thv11.com...

Much more detailed source.

Is it a terrorist attack cause it is a military base?
Doesn't seem like we know enough yet to call it one.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Found it

THV11 Shooting at front gate

JACKSONVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) – According to Cpt. Wolf with the Little Rock Fire Department, FBI and the LRFD Bomb Squad are searching a home on Maddox Road in Jacksonville in connection with a shooting incident at the Little Rock Air Force Base on Monday morning.

Officials with the base report that an active threat occurred around 9:15 a.m. at the front gate on Vandenberg Drive. Col. Chip Brown said in a press conference that the suspect was brandishing a rifle.

According to Lt. Col. Christopher Karns who spoke with USA TODAY's Pentagon correspondent Tom Vanden Brook, security forces subdued the gunman who approached the gate. Karns said security personnel fired at the shooter to ensure the safety of others.

Col. Brown said two defenders were directly involved in the incident.

The gunman is said to be in custody, and was transported to UAMS where he is in critical condition. A sergeant with the base told THV11 that the individual is not a member of the military. His name has not been released.

According to Col. Brown, the incident lasted about two hours and 45 minutes. The threat has been mitigated.

All of the base's gates were closed to inbound and outbound traffic, with vehicles being diverted at the intersection of Vandenburg and Marshall streets. As of 12:45 p.m., officials said all buildings of the base are now open. The main gate and the Marshall gate remain closed, while Harris and Arnold Drive gates are open.

A press release from LRAFB detailed that a bystander was taken to a nearby hospital for non-related medical care, and has been released.

Base officials are continuing to investigate the situation, coordinating with Jacksonville police and Air Force Office of Special Investigation.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
Terrorists attacking? Where did you read that? A bit sensationalist, no? Some tools tried to gain access to a military base and were apparently shot.

Oh, I'm not calling anyone anything......That is their accusations......I find it strange that it is 12 hours after the incident and only hearing about it now.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So no EMP bomb in Texas?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not terrorist, but stupid.
A death wish pulling up to a secure military base and getting out of the car with a rifle and approaching the gate.
This guy blew a neuron.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Holy sensational headline Batman!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Not terrorist, but stupid.
A death wish pulling up to a secure military base and getting out of the car with a rifle and approaching the gate.
This guy blew a neuron.

Suicide by MP?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Someone's trying to start a revolution somewhere.......white supremacists?

What's that really crazy group of christian extremists called again?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Holy sensational headline Batman!!!

Again, not my title.......What I'm concerned about is that it did not make the news cycle at all.....or I was totally asleep today. What if this was more of a controlled test, to see if they could execute something keep it under wraps with only a small report from a local newsroom......Because it should have broke within the first hour.....and then pander out as 'suicide by MP'.....but it wasn't even a blip.

To see which media outlines aren't towing the line.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Yea, definitely a possibility. In that case, not stupid but very sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Right......Horribly sad...and before you execute something, you want to run a few small tests.....'limited damage'.....test the communication lines, flow of information......ability to follow orders......a dry run.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

One article I read said the suspect rammed a cop car as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Or?

It actually is a terrorist attack that got thwarted. It's still a bit too early to be making any calls...

No matter what it was, it was decidedly not too bright.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97

Right......Horribly sad...and before you execute something, you want to run a few small tests.....'limited damage'.....test the communication lines, flow of information......ability to follow orders......a dry run.

Military, as well as law enforcement always shoot to kill. Its the book.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I saw this come across my news feed this morning...

USA today

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

America sounds like it is literally starting to collectively go insane. Could it be another disgruntled ex-employee on Prozac? Or an ISIS type of scenario - the lone wolf terrorist, home grown. Little Rock, Arkansas? I recall a lot of interesting events being associated with that area over the years...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
East Coast/West Coast round 2!

Viva la West!

How do we go about confiscating some Black Triangles?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join