It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Presidential Candidates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We the USA voting public will be going to the polls soon to vote for the next American President.

There have been negative comments, I've read from time to time, about blaming the USA public for voting in very poor performing Presidents. My reply to those individuals is to please review all the current candidates and see if you can find anyone who is capable. It's tough isn't it!

Many could not manage a McDonald's, one has been characterized has crazy, one has a God complex, and others maybe psychopathic.

For many years the USA Presidential Candidates Pool has been awful. So..... I ask those critical of we the voting USA Public to be less critical.

Our political system is broke and corrupt.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

The candidates that are capable are deemed loons by the media and our people take the bait hook, line and sinker.

We fight among ourselves until the lesser of two evils are the only options left. So yeah, I put the blame on us.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

to those individuals is to please review all the current candidates and see if you can find anyone who is capable. It's tough isn't it!

Nope! It isn't!
Bernie Sanders, and or Whoever-O'Malley.

Elizabeth Warren on either ticket, and they have my vote.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I suspect if I could nominate the most selfish psychopath I know personally, he/she would be a better choice than who we will actually have a real choice in voting for.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Not trying to be rude, but attitudes like yours is not helping.

You don't even know the candidates name and you're willing to vote for them? Really?

If you can't even search for their name, I doubt you will do any research on your own.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
soon?....it's June of 2015, the general election is in Nov. 2016...even the individual political primaries are not held until next summer.... it just seems soon because the cable political shows can't think of anything else to talk about.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Who'd the Bildergers anoint? Thats who the next puppet in charge will be.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

You don't even know the candidates name and you're willing to vote for them? Really?

If you can't even search for their name, I doubt you will do any research on your own.

LOL, yea...sorta demonstrates the level of inspection provided the candidates by the sheeple. As a response, its indicative of the more serious problems. Leftist ideology with one, and identity politics, "she's a woman, we need a woman", even if she can't spell, on the other.

The OP is spot on. The Presidency just doesn't attract much in the way of talent anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I believe it is Martin. I read his platform and website. SO sorry - !!!

EDIT:

Ooh, it IS Martin!! What do you know????? I was right, and knew he was a male.

Stick THIS is your back pocket:
Ma rtin O'Malley Platform

Link title is messed up because of a code glitch. THIS is what I typed: Martin O'Malley.
Martin O'Malley Platform
edit on 6/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

After years of getting all wrapped up in this stuff.. And I do mean years. I voted Nixon if that tells you anything. But I must be getting old and feeble minded. Why can't we just start with a popular vote? That may not mean much to you younger people but that way everyones vote will count..

The other issue is we seem to have a parade of Politicians but NO LEADER. They all have their OWN agendas, or represent someone else for MONEY.

Stop the media influence. Stop the super pacs. take the cash cow away from these money grubbing tards. Most of these fools will make millions just running for president... I guess as it's a rigged forgone conclusion in the end I'll wait for the time we need to vote one out of office before putting one of these clowns in.

You may say I'm part of the problem. Or I shouldn't complaint as I didn't vote. You are right, I could be. However our country wasn't created in any form like it's being run today. We fought against taxation. We didn't need an electoral college. We were free then, had guns and families to protect. We evolved to this crap...ehhh.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'll wait to weigh in until the debates start, but honestly I doubt any of them will be up to my standards.

I'll be going third-party again by the looks of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Okay, you two are dangerously close to breaking T&C. Knock it off.
O'Malley is a MAN. He has a family member named GRACE.
HIS platform is very similar to BERNIE SANDERS'.

Good Gawd.....ad hominem much?
The thread is not necessarily a fail, but both of your posts (you and KawRider) are ridiculous.

Come live in Browback's state if you like that sort of crap.....it's "lots-o-fun" here right now.
(NOT.)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am not impressed by either Republicans or Democrats.

Especially not Sanders, and Clinton.

As it stands right now there is no real candidate on the right.

The left is more of the same crap we have had for 8 years.

I have half a mind just to write in Ragnar Lothbrok just for the hell of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

So, if Buzzywigs was rooting for 'that Bush guy', would your response be equally as pithy?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

No. Not "really." And it IS RUDE. And you know it.

I'd not heard of O'Malley before the other day. I've been researching Sanders for weeks.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Everybody sucks.

No-one believes exactly as I do.

Now I could be a good little drone and just believe what the politicians tell me to, but I find that about as tastful as giving Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel sponge baths.

Together.

With the same sponge.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
At the risk of getting my head chopped off. I want to say the person who I thought had the integrity and honesty was Collin Powell. I thought he would have done his best to lead our country. Yes yes I know he screwed up at the United Nations communicating about Iraq's WMD. He was lied too. He should have validated the information before he went in front of the World.

I do believe, however, he would have had difficulty dealing with the cesspool we have with our legislative branch of government.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I am not impressed by either Republicans or Democrats.

Especially not Sanders, and Clinton.

As it stands right now there is no real candidate on the right.

The left is more of the same crap we have had for 8 years.

I have half a mind just to write in Ragnar Lothbrok just for the hell of it.

Ragnar Lothbrok has my vote as well.

I don't agree with his stance on drinking the blood of his enemies from a cup made from the skull of someone who offended him, but his view on lower taxes has me interested.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
LOL, yea...sorta demonstrates the level of inspection provided the candidates by the sheeple. As a response, its indicative of the more serious problems. Leftist ideology with one, and identity politics, "she's a woman, we need a woman", even if she can't spell, on the other.

Actually, I think use of the sobriquet 'sheeple' is a pretty good indicator of a certain type. That type also seems to favour the word 'troublemaker'. Use of either word leads me to quite comfortably dismiss what follows.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As an outsider looking in, I have to say that the rise of a pseudo royalty is alarming. Is there really no other candidates capable of running your country that Clinton or Bush?

And the money! Why is so colossally expensive to run for president? It costs peanuts in the UK by comparison.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join