It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men In Black

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just curious as to why there aren't as many people who come forward w/MIB stories.

Any theories on MIB's being Government agents?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ever seen the movies? I know its mostly hollywood hype, but they may have a point. As for real MIB I'm not so sure, never met anyone or know someone who has encountered a MIB. Besides who's to say they are even real...perhaps its just more propaganda. Remember the ufo story was said to be a cover for mil-air-tech.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Who are they? What are they? And why are they?
Noone knows I guess except the men in black themselves..could be CIA, FBI, Aliens or just an illusion.
I'm not real sure, but I have seen 'men in black suits' in unmarked cars, that like to remain unseen. But couldn't tell you for certain who they are and if infact 'they' were the mysterious men in black everyone talks about.

*Do let me know though if you find out*

Mag

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Most likely they do, just not in black. If they wear all black, drive around in black cars, and act suspicious, doesn't that draw attention? Kinda stupid to draw attention if trying to avoid it.

Besides, I met one once. Wait, someone at the door, brb. (leaves, opens door, sees a flash, comes back). Uh, what was I talking about?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!I always wished Oliver Stone tackled the MIB subject.I thought this is a subject way to important to waste in a silly fx comedy.Stone could have added some suspense(& wild conspiracys as well)

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was telling some freinds who have never heard of the MIB before Will smith came into the picture about them and they just laughed and said that i watch too many alien movies...i think with all these movies that are coming out on the subject people just brush them aside.
I think its stirring more awareness on the subject but also causing people to think its just some mass movie hysteria...well thats just what i think..i think thier maybe a MIB but most people have not come out with it due to the fact that their scared of being ridiculed. But then i again i could be wrong

Deep

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Men in Black of Legend:

The Men in Black are beings who appear anywhere major UFO sightings take place. They threaten people who claim to have seen UFOs, and intimidate them into silence. They wear sunglasses. They wear black suits. They have olive complexions. They drive black mint-condition vintage luxury cars, or sometimes they fly in black helicopters. Some think that they are government agents. Some think that they are alien agents.

The first reported occurrence of Men in Black was traced to Albert K. Bender, the editor of the flying saucer publication Space Review. In the October 1953 issue he placed an announcement stating that he had come across information that would solve the flying saucer mystery, but could not print it because he had been ordered not to. He ended his announcement warning others in saucer work to be very cautious. Space Review ceased publication with this issue.

In a Later interview Bender stated that three men wearing dark suits had ordered him to stop publishing flying saucer material, and that he had complied with the order because he had been "scared to death" of them. Later he told his story in more detail in the book Flying Saucers and the Three Men in Black.

In his book, The UFO Silencers, Timothy Beckley has attempted to provide an overview of important and representative MIB encounters. According to Beckley, MIB have been with us for many hundreds of years, speculating that such diverse characters from the history of witchcraft and folklore as the Elizabethan "Black Men", the Native American "Black Man" and late nineteenth century reports of malevolent traveling salesmen, might have been manifestations of what we now know as Men in Black.

www.ypsitoys.com...

One thing you must know about Albert K. Bender, he was a sc-fiction addict, he was strongly believing in black magic and occult science. He stated that story for the first time when his busness was not going very well.

that's why i think that's an Hoax.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the Men in Black are a great concept (full disclosure: I loved the first Men in Black movie (not so much the second) and "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" is my favorite X-Files episode (ya know, the one with Alex Trebek as an MIB)), but I don't know how much they actually exist in reality. I've really only heard one or two actual MIB stories, and there are extremely few compared to the number of UFO sightings. if the MIB threatened every person that saw a UFO, wouldn't there be more people talking about the MIB? (I mean, threats will deter only so many people.) besides, I saw 2 UFOs about 8 years ago and I never got a visit from the MIB. I feel cheated

M43

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi, I'll just let people know there are real MIBs and they do monitor sites like these not to say they are monitoring this exact site but they do monitor. So please be careful. Ok. And they don't always where black suits or drive black cars or unmarked black chevy suburbans. They have been spotted driving silver grey cars and where grey identical coats and hats. They also look clone like because they not only look like twins but they are undestigushable. They also have unnatural eye features and slightly pronounced cheek bones.
I only want people to be aware of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
M43.....do you have any evidence to support this?
I'll make an assumption and say that the MIB, just might be ordinary people like you and me. Buts thats my opinion..
Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't know where the "neuralizer" idea came from in the movie MIB, starring Will Smith, but "MIB", or Silencer, SOP's include hypnosis and post hypnotic suggestion of sorts, more like commands.

Some, if not all of you, will question many things about this post, so I will address one issue now. We know that red LED's that flash at a certain frequency increases Delta wave activity in the human brain, as evidenced in the sale of commercially available novelty devices that actually work. (Delta is purposely capitalized, and correctly I believe)

Look to reason when you investigate these subjects or you will make a far worse mistake than to erroneously believe something seemingly fantastic; you will overlook the obvious. Conspiracy theorists are scoffed at by people who have less than enough time on their hands than they need for a quality life, much less an enriching one. The obviously overlooked part of their judgment is that if anyone at all thought of the possibility (in a story for instance), then someone with something to actually gain more from it certainly would have as well.

The CIA, under the Directorate of Operations, for example, is actually in the business of disinformation and psychological warfare. Do you really think it�s absurd to say a conspiracy is going on behind closed doors, or that they are not telling the American public the truth? That is like saying a car salesman is not trying to sell you a car. It is his job.

MIB, as they seem to be called, do exist and they do interfere with memories.

There was a prostitute who worked with the CIA on a regular basis. She wrote a book entitled, �The Company We Keep�. She thought that by appearing on a national television show to discuss it, she would be safe from harm after publishing her memos. Where is she now and where is the book?

If I showed up at your door and suggested I had access to a helicopter and could easily fly you out over the everglades in Florida for instance, drop you out at an altitude of 500 feet so that you land in the black mucky basin and that no one would ever find you in the hundreds of thousands of square miles of glade, would you talk?

I liked the initial post, so I answered it.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I believe the reason behind little to no recent sightings, is a fundamental shift in the approach to the coverup.

In the early days of the coverup, people trusted and feared the government, and would respond well to such threats and intimidation. Later, those doing the coverup found it far more effective to simply discredit the witnesses, and then eventually succeeded in making the entire subject a matter of ridicule. Basically, MIBs were then obsolete. You'll see the majority of encounters took place in the early fifties through the late 60's.

Jenny Randles has an excellent book on the phenomenon, can't remember the exact title though off the top of my head.

top topics

join