It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland says Washington stonewalling CIA jail investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi folks.

I would love to hear your opinions on this story which comes from Reuters concerning the refusal of the USA to be totally transparent about secret overseas CIA facilities for interrogation of al Qaeda suspects to Polish authorities?

Some snippets :

The United States is ignoring a request from Poland to hand over the full version of a Senate report that could shed light on allegations the CIA abused al Qaeda suspects at a secret prison in the north of the country, according to Polish prosecutors.

The report last December by the U.S. Senate intelligence committee detailed how the CIA used techniques including water-boarding and mock executions on terrorism suspects at secret overseas facilities in the years following the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001.

It named the locations of the secret prisons, but these were blacked out in the summary that was released to the public.

Washington's failure to provide a copy of the Senate report is part of a pattern of behavior, according to a Polish government document submitted to the Council of Europe, the continent's leading human rights body.

It said Warsaw has sent six applications to the U.S. Justice Department for help under a U.S.-Polish treaty on mutual legal assistance. "The first one of those applications was refused and the other five were not even answered," the document said.

It said that Polish officials had raised the lack of U.S. assistance in a series of diplomatic and other contacts, again with no definitive response.

Full story here : www.reuters.com...

What says you kind folks?

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It happened, everybody knows it happened . So I really don't understand the big deal unless it's just political posturing .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
It happened, everybody knows it happened . So I really don't understand the big deal unless it's just political posturing .

It is more about Poland defending themselves in the European court of human rights as they have been accused of hosting the CIA sites and they wish to hold a full investigation!

Snippet again : “For any partner of the U.S. government in these operations, they should be sent the full, unredacted (Senate) report. They have a right to this information. That is information which potentially could help them with their investigation.”

Not sure if you read the whole article in the link that I posted, so i will link again here : www.reuters.com...

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

Thank you for the info . I had looked into the matter before but I will admit I did not read the entire source . I guess I was looking more from the stance of why should Poland have to defend theirself ?

Everybody knows what happened .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Nibbles

Thank you for the info . I had looked into the matter before but I will admit I did not read the entire source . I guess I was looking more from the stance of why should Poland have to defend theirself ?

Everybody knows what happened .

My pleasure.

Everyone knows what happened and I agree totally with you, but I personally think it is down right disgusting that an ally/partner of another ally/partner slaps them in the face like this for such serious allegations.

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I find your opinions disturbing to say the least.

You said "it happened" mmm okay

What about jailing those responsible now.

Just how would you prevent it from happening again or would you.

new topics

top topics

join