It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are now TWO reserve currencies as petro-yuan joins petro-dollar

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I guess the Yuan crash will finally be coming. Probably a big run up first, but really - who wants to hoard billions upon billions of Yuan, knowing it's on extremely precarious ground?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra I hinted to the dollar. whereat you?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli
The laws of economics say any democracy, no matter how powerful, lasts only 200 years .. looks like times up!

Fortunately, the study of economics is much closer to voodoo than science, so any law it has dictated is going to be full of holes.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Have you personally seen their gold reserves? I've heard they were all plundered by the Japanese during the Second World War....

Unlike you I keep up on who buys how much gold.

I even can estimate off the books gold buying.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpadThe Chinese policy is one of keeping the dollar strong because it has to be for the trade levels they want. Hurting the US dollar would harm China more than even the US. Why do you think they keep almost their entire 3 trillion reserve in US dollars and US bonds?

Your information is outdated by about 2 years.

Current Chinese bond holdings of USA is under 1 trillion, and reserves held in US dollar no more than 200 bil

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RubberSky

originally posted by: DJW001
Have you personally seen their gold reserves? I've heard they were all plundered by the Japanese during the Second World War....

Unlike you I keep up on who buys how much gold.

I even can estimate off the books gold buying.

Sources, please.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RubberSky

originally posted by: MrSpadThe Chinese policy is one of keeping the dollar strong because it has to be for the trade levels they want. Hurting the US dollar would harm China more than even the US. Why do you think they keep almost their entire 3 trillion reserve in US dollars and US bonds?

Your information is outdated by about 2 years.

Current Chinese bond holdings of USA is under 1 trillion, and reserves held in US dollar no more than 200 bil

Are you sure of that? I've seen different figures:

After just a month, China has overtaken Japan to become the biggest holder of U.S. debt after significantly increasing its U.S. Treasuries holdings.

On Friday, Treasury Department made public data showing China now holds US$1.261 trillion in U.S. government securities at the end of March. This means it has officially overtaken Japan in the No. 1 spot, which previously held US$1.2269 trillion worth of securities, CNN detailed.

www.chinatopix.com...

Of course, this figure doesn't include "offshore" holdings.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure how far this would go to undermine the US dollar. China still has shifty financial markets but this could change with wide scale reform of their legal institutions and overall economy.

If China transforms into a consumer based economy where foreign investment is very safe then the US dollar might be in trouble.

I suppose it also depends on how much oil is traded in alternative currencies as well. China's new Silk Road would be a threat if trade/commerce on the Eurasian continent was dominated by the Yuan.

Maintaining the strength of the US dollar is absolutely imperative for investors, not only in the USA but for people in many nations across the globe. If the US dollar was somehow quickly marginalized it would have disastrous economic consequences for investors the world over.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

and would most likely destroy / destabilize a very large chunk of China's economy.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: JeanPaul

and would most likely destroy / destabilize a very large chunk of China's economy.

Yep, but I think they may be trying to work a way around that. Slowly but surely.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is a very bad sign for the dollar. It's coming.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rawo6592
This is a very bad sign for the dollar. It's coming.

Not really...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join