It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electing Constables UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

...if the people wanted a police force they should do it themselves and not allow the government to do it for them. Allowing for the election of police constables to be done by the people. Electing members of their communities who they trusted and knew of.

John Harris.
www.tpuc.org...

We now have elected Police and Crime Commissioners. Their oath states, 'I will serve all the people of (area in question)'. They choose the Chief Constables. Therefore our efficiency in voting for the best candidate results in the best choice of Chief. Watch out for the Police and Crime Panels, ours tried to belittle our Commissioner following his public announcement of his choice of Chief. The panel are not elected by us and may be covertly attempting to limit public control of policing, while claiming the opposite.

It's worked extremely well for us here in Gloucestershire. If it isn't working in your area you voted wrong. Get informed and get involved.

Now is the time to take this further and start electing our constables. People who are trusted and known.

Those who have seen combat and remained mentally and emotionally stable are a good choice. Those who have learned conflict resolution and restraint techniques in the course of their work are eminently suitable.

A slightly modified oath will be sworn. I have no idea what the wording will be, that's for more focussed people than me to decide.

Elected constables will not be constricted by complex hierarchies or extensively infiltrated by traitor spooks. Therefore action against politicians, celebrities etc. will be easier. Elected constables are a massive threat to the criminal establishment. This course of action is not likely to be welcomed by them or their trolls.

Your thoughts, please, and your alternatives.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sounds good in theory but what about those areas that are police no go zones?

I can also see how this could be a back door to Sharia law in predominately muslim areas and can you also imagine the police chosen in any other fundamental religious area. Sorry madam that top has no sleeves and is indecent - off to jail, or if you were LGBT in one of those areas.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Good points. I'll think on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Simple - just don't allow it. The public law, common law, law of the land, whatever you want to call it, should be enforced in All areas and not leave one to be ruled by "imported" laws. There should be no such thing as a "no go zone" because it's a predominately Muslim population. All laws apply to all people equally, with no special laws because you happen to belong to a particular religion.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Every 'sword' has two edges.

Having driven in the 49 states where local sheriffs have been elected since the beginning of the nation(?), elected officers of the law often have a built in good old boy network. They take care of those that 'take care of them', be it financially on a back door basis or other 'perks'. Then the locals that elect them. On the bottom of the rung are indigents, travelers, etc.

Be wary of the local speed traps and other questionable revenue generators available to local 'enforcement'.

On occasion, it can get so bad that state or even federal police,even armed citizens, have had to take action to correct individual cases of local corruption. Add in the lucrative drug trade, meth and alcohol production top U.S. regional 'temptations'.

Personally, I like the system. Especially in a home environment. It makes for a predictable, safer life-style.

One doesn't want to have a local sheriff as an enemy, however, liberties can and have been taken. When travelling into locales not your own be a little more alert and circumspect.

JMO.

edit on 10-6-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I apologize. I should have had my second coffee before posting. The U.S. system elects the 'sheriff' and the 'deputies' are hired hands.

What I missed is you refer to constables which would be the equivalent of our deputies.

In that scenario, I wouldn't care for that system. Popularity shouldn't be the criteria for a police position.

Perhaps a veto option by the local populace might work for individuals hired that are beneath a level or have a track record that is deemed questionable?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The problem I saw with the "Police and crime commissioners" from day one was that they were far from being "ordinary" people and were already "connected", with contacts in the right places. As such, they were already tainted by the same ladder climbing mentality of the current police brass and political class.
All that is needed to fix the current system is for the police to become a fully autonomous entity, free from ALL political influence and interference. This is why we have seen decades of police coverups of crimes by people in high places (not to mention the proven Masonic links of police and criminals at both high and low levels).

If the laws of the land are abused, then the abusers should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, no matter how high their perceived social standing or the damage it may do to the ruling classes. I'd rather see the government brought down as a result of prosecuted wrongdoing, than allow corrupt and criminal behaviour to go unpunished, which is the system we have right now.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Simple - just don't allow it. The public law, common law, law of the land, whatever you want to call it, should be enforced in All areas and not leave one to be ruled by "imported" laws. There should be no such thing as a "no go zone" because it's a predominately Muslim population. All laws apply to all people equally, with no special laws because you happen to belong to a particular religion.

I may be misinterpreting your post but the only no go areas for police in the UK are the roughest of the rough council estates which are predominantly white (see toxteth vs. norris green wars in Liverpool for instance - where people are routinely shot for walking into a different postcode whether in a gang or not - hardly who you want policing the streets).

Completely agree it should be one law for all with no exceptions though.
edit on 10-6-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Why pays the salaries of these elected police? Surely its simply who pays the piper calls the tune?

I do agree that areas where you have muslims need to be policed in exactly the same way as the rest of this country. You do not arrive here and set up your damn state on british soil. We certainly don't need religious police just police doing their job upholding the law.

Do I dare say it - the police's job in the past was protecting the public against crime, which will be novel for some of the newer police, because they see every member of the public as easy pickings for their arrest figures. "Who can we arrest today?" needs to be replaced with "What can I do to help maintain the peace on the streets etc"? If electing police officers helps to achieve and reverse the current trend in policing - which does get in extra taxes I know - it would be an improvement and might stop some of the thugs our force seems to be attracting.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Our problem here is funding cuts and dangerously reduced police numbers that are designed to create chaos and lawlessness with the intention of forcing the introduction of an unaccountable private police force working for the rich. Some local areas are losing the peace-keeping cover we have grown to rely on. www.harwichandmanningtreestandard.co.uk...
Electing constables is a way of keeping our neighbourhoods safe. I've heard on the criminal grapevine that the exact nature of the police cuts is being closely monitored by criminals who are joyfully planning their next crime sprees.

When I refer to constables I mean all British police. I don't recognise authority, their ranking system means next to nothing to me. I support constables who keep the peace, we're all equal under the Law.

Being unpopular can sometimes be a sign of impartiality. Rather than popularity I would see fairness along with the ability to face down violent criminals as the criteria.

Going back to your first comment. Corruption, drugs, kickbacks and networks are problems under our current system. A now deceased gentleman who was a full-time drug dealer near here came to one of my neighbours in a panic. He said he'd just been raided. The police took his weed, money and car documents. But when they found the unopened package of amphetamine base suddenly they pretended they hadn't seen it. The only explanation he could think of was his supplier was working in co-operation with local police and they were unwilling to send a package for analysis that may have had fingerprints or DNA from 'their' man.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: nwtrucker

Our problem here is funding cuts and dangerously reduced police numbers that are designed to create chaos and lawlessness with the intention of forcing the introduction of an unaccountable private police force working for the rich. Some local areas are losing the peace-keeping cover we have grown to rely on. www.harwichandmanningtreestandard.co.uk...
Electing constables is a way of keeping our neighbourhoods safe. I've heard on the criminal grapevine that the exact nature of the police cuts is being closely monitored by criminals who are joyfully planning their next crime sprees.

Will it really make a difference? I was speaking to a high ranking CID officer about private policing about six months back and he told me not to expect any police in a few years and for them to be replaced by private security guards instead as ex managers of KFC/McDonalds are being given managerial positions over trained, experienced police as they're cheaper to hire.

Not sure I agree with his claims myself but he knows more than I ever will about the job.

The money required for an election would just be taken from the policing pot as another cutting meaasure if introduced (in my opinion) which would be tens if not hundreds of millions down the drain. Would be a very good idea if we had a government that put people over profit though.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is something like 130,000 police constables in the UK, could you imagine trying to vote for every one of them, it would never work in reality, we cannot even get people out to vote in the EU elections in any significant number, imagine trying to then elect police constables. You would have elections every other week, every time a police constable quits or retires another election.

I think the recruitment process as it is just now is probably as good as its going to get, its not perfect, could be stricter but its a lot better than voting for every constable.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not them. Our own constables.

We've taken back the law, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now we're taking control of our constabularies.
edit on 10 6 2015 by Kester because: change word

edit on 10 6 2015 by Kester because: spacing

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I'm not intending to involve the government in any of this. We can do it for peanuts. We don't need a fancy budget and a load of stuck up suits all looking to each other for cues.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Not them. Our own constables.

We've taken back the law, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now we're taking control of our constabularies.

So you mean creating your own police force.

yeah equally bad idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Our constables will be a community asset. Not a hierarchical force with funny handshakes and all that.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm not intending to involve the government in any of this. We can do it for peanuts. We don't need a fancy budget and a load of stuck up suits all looking to each other for cues.

If that's the case then I genuinely do wish you the best of luck as I'm a left-leaning anarchist. However as an ex-tender writer you'd need to float at least £6bn for a pilot scheme to prove the concept before it could be out for tender. Trying to undermine parliament, the courts and the police is a very costly business with an even bigger jail term.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

People like me don't survive in captivity, the length of jail time isn't relevant.

Parliament I believe means to speak. They don't speak on the taboo subjects therefore we have free rein on those subjects.

The courts are a joke.

I'm an outspoken supporter of the Office of Constable, you'll find me all over the internet on that subject. I'm not undermining, I'm supporting and augmenting.

These days an idea can spread like wildfire through the internet. The £6 billion can stay in the imaginations of the private financiers.

new topics

top topics

join