It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For All of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth
The reason we say to defend our freedoms is because the military fight to defend our freedoms....do you comprehend?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I didnt ask what freedoms you have or havnt

You asked about a meme quote and I answered. It's as simple as that. Perhaps you're looking to take down the American pride with your OP and I didn't give you the tongue and cheeky answer you wanted? Let's stop beating around the bush here because I see what your up to. Again, I'll break it down to you like a shotgun - I have those freedoms today because our military fought for them!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

The reason we say to defend our freedoms is because the military fight to defend our freedoms....do you comprehend?

And how did we get that freedom? Do you comprehend anything???

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I cant see America losing a war oversea's and no country is going to invade by land.
The only way i can see Americans losing their freedom is from within, when it is turned into a police state. Citizens are being murdered by the police most days in America.
Then look what happened in Ferguson...

This is the way freedom will be lost to everday Americans, not the elite, who will get to their underground bunkers and ride out the civil war.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
American here.

Fighting for our freedom, ehhh not so much. I see a copious amount of world policing going on. Playing man in the middle for smaller nations to make sure they are supported and their voices are not drowned out in the white noise of the UN.

All the while Americans are dying in the name of our....err others freedom.

I personally don't get it myself.

It's US soldiers and other countries civilians (and some soldiers) dying for corporate greed.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Except the US really doesn't have as much freedom as a lot of citizens like to pride themselves on.

Here the US only comes in at number 12.
Heritage.org Freedom By Country

Or even here, your only ranked at number 5.
Top 10 countries with most freedom of speech

Yeah, there's 100 other 'countries by rank of freedom' sources out there, but the US isn't number one in any of them. Not to mention they jail more people than any other country on earth.

So there really is no logical sense in the programmed drone mentality of blindly supporting the 'troops'. Claiming the US is just the definition of freedom, due to the troops, because it clearly just isn't! It's just a lie that has been indoctrinated into the peoples mentality from birth. If anything, this blind support of the military, has been the reason why American citizens have given up so much of there freedoms, without opposition.

Truth is, there's nothing really all that special about America, compared to any other first world nation.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

cant see America losing a war oversea's

Many past " Super Powers " thought exactly the same.

Only to be proven wrong.

link   

You have just given me a perfect example of being brainwashed by my OP question..

Which was this,

Why do Americans say this "our soldiers fought/are fighting for our freedom"

Your answer to me is,

"I have those freedoms today because our military fought for them! "

Re-read my OP and dont insinuate that i am trolling or stirring it up

edit on 4/6/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

link   
The point of the OP is asking why americas say this when they aren't defending their country. In the last 70 yrs what have you defended. How is invading other countries defending your freedom. That is the whole point.

My point is answering a quote with the quote is not an answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
EXACTLY.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's a lost cause, has to be trolling by his response.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I've got dead friends who lay in a Vietnamese jungle...a zillion miles from Us soil. Tell their parents and kids, friends and neighbors...

Soldiers? God Bless everyone from every war for their service. But they didn't die for our freedom here in some desert or jungle halfway around the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
I've always wondered if god did exist whether he would bless these soldiers. Nothing personal towards your comrades.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

its a nonsense meme.

the biggest threat to American freedom is its own government. Since i haven't seen reports of a general in a tank driving up the Capital Building steps, Ill presume that no soldiers are currently dying to preserve my freedom.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

At the moment it seems the more wars they fight the more freedoms they end up losing.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And to correct your erroneous statement: American troops did not lose Vietnam. American politicians lost Vietnam. American troops pwned 'Nam.

America still lost.
Doesn't matter who lost it you still lost.

I could Say Britain only lost the US revolution because the politicians didn't want to continue it. But we still lost.
edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: whyamIhere
Can you elaborate on any of these ideas that the military fight for to justify this programmed response? Would genuinely like to know when freedom was ever jeopardised other than civil war. (9/11 don't count cos securing oil pipelines doesn't ensure your freedom back home)

Well it insured the finical freedoms of the Bush and Cheney family

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only times that I would say that American soldiers were defending freedom was: Revolutionary War (establishing it), War of 1812 (maybe...), Civil War, WWI, and WW2 (we actually had countries declare war against us in the WW's so we were definitely defending freedom then, ESPECIALLY against the nazis in WW2).

Besides that, America has pretty much been at war for 214 out of the 239 years we've been a country. American soldiers have been stealing freedom and liberty FAR more than securing it.

Come on you started the war of 1812 by invading poor Canada

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I said: because they are the one's on the ground fighting and dying for all American's to have and KEEP it's freedom.
That's not a question, that's a answer. Learn to comprehend?

Not really. You are just parroting catch phrases.

How have the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq protected America Freedumbs?

They are the otherside of the world and had little to no military to threaten you.
edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
after ww2 the politicians be on some bs sendin troops to pointless wars n sh1t its like a constant war machine that has to be fought for profit cause them hairy fat cats wanna line ther pockets wit gold while kids die on the battlefield

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join