It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have A Hard Time Finding A Hat That Fits?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am curious if any of you here have a large cranium.
It is getting hot in these parts, and I can't find a hat that fits my head. One size-fits-all caps don't fit my head.
I measured my hat size. It's about 8 1/4.
Why do I have to go out of my way to find an xxx-large?
Does everybody else just have tiny skulls?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Make your own - felt and straw are traditional hat making materials and their are wonderful tutorials on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Are you a Bull?

I'm kidding, but I have a smaller head than you haha.
even with a lot of hair I can leave at regular baseball hat size.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Here ya go - www.lamoodbighats.com...
They have from 7 1/4 to a 9.
edit on 3-6-2015 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Just use an umbrella!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yes, larger head and hard to find hats.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Just curious. Does your noggin have its own gravitational pull? Small rocks and insects get trapped and start swirling around?
I'm sorry. That was mean. Hope you don't go home and cry yourself to sleep on your giant pillow.
Im really kidding. I really couldn't help myself.
My bucket head is a little on the large size. I played baseball all my life and wore fitted caps. I believe I am about a 7 3/8. My advice is to find a haberdashery. They specialize in these type of things.
Good luck and sorry about the huge noggin joke.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Are you saying that you have a swelled head? Todd? Is that you? Big head Todd and the monsters?

I'm kidding, man. The caps with the adjustable bands don't fit? I really don't know what to tell you.

Okay, I'll shut up now.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Skip to the chase... Use a headband for your large head. That way you always look like you are active. And it wipes up the sweat. I wear one everyday to the bank. I am very popular.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Get some with adjustable backs.

Snap backs if you wanna be hip

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

My wife has a terrible time because all the hats are so big. She always has to buy children's hats, fortunately many of them now are merely smaller versions of what is fashionable so she's in luck, otherwise she finds stuff to stuff her hat and gets furious having to do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 I'm at that age where wearing a hat is difficult. I wear a cap in the summer to protect my balding head, but I'd like something a bit more mature for other times, I have quite a small head and have trouble finding appropriate head wear

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Couldnt help myself but , if you find a hat that fits , wear it .

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I honestly thought I was going to be able to laugh about your actually small head.

Mine is a seven and a quarter but I'm only 5'11"

Are you perhaps a seven-footer?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Do you have trouble with the moons orbiting your giant head?.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It's OK, everybody gets a big head around here.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a hard time with all types of clothes not fitting.

I wear a size extra medium.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

By the gods, do I ever understand where you're coming from. lol I have a big head, and being the comedian that I am, I often like to joke around to people about the size of my head. What's funny is everyone always tells me my head isn't big, I'm just being self conscious. Back when I had a hat, I would take it off and put it on their heads. There was always a moment of pause before they would tell me "Yeah, you have a big head."

Now the only hats I really wear anymore are beanies, which means I don't have hats in the summertime. I rarely ever find a cap that actually fits my head, and any other sort of hat I've wanted, ranging from brim hat to viking helms(Ren.Fest stuff
), nothing would fit.

The only way for me to get a hat that fits me is to get one custom made, but then the price really goes up. So if you know of any places that do hats for us big-heads at a reasonable cost, I'd love to hear it.

edit on 4-6-2015 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Check out DAVID64's link above.
I ordered a Panamanian for 120 bucks.
When I graduated high school, the paper tape measure they gave us to measure our hat size wouldn't even wrap completely around my dome.
I got the biggest cap available and it wouldn't sit on my head properly and fell of when I walked.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Nope. Don't have that problem. What I do have is I simply cannot find a hat. I just looked and the link to buy the hat is a page not found. They exist, somewhere, but I cannot buy one. Can't find one at the Yes band site, can't find one anywhere online.

All I want to do is wear my Prog proudly yet I seem unable to find a simple hat with a frakking Yes logo. Let's face it, I ain't a gonna find a Egg or Can or Gentle Giant hat so I'll go with Yes. My next best option is getting a couple Rush hats next month at the show but that's more Prog-Metalish.

I kinda need to retire my 2002 hat. I think there are new life forms growing inside of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join