It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TomorrowLand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I just got done watching Tomorrwland I really like it. I wondered if any one else liked it.

Tomorrowland

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lord sword

I took one of my dudes to see it and I liked it but the plot left me a little confused.
My service user loved it didn't understand it more than me but ....jetpacks!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What i got out of it for the plot. That there is a chance to change the future for the better but it wont be easy to get it but it's worth it if you want a better future for you and other people .I view the wheat field that's in the movie as field of possibility to do anything you put your mind to.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lord sword

It's pure propaganda - but, it's my kind of propaganda :-)

Loved it

There are things I could criticize - but I don't actually feel like it. Seemed a little heavy handed, but then I think that was on purpose

It's not a film for cynics

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I saw it and was very disappointed. Propaganda for kids, the worst kind. they could have taken the concept and told a better story, something interesting and not political but instead they screwed up their opportunity with the save the world nonsense. The world does not need to be saved. Mother nature will win every time. It is much more powerful than anything conceived by Man. Mankind is its own worst enemy and when the end comes it will be humankind that dies and the wheat fields and the forests will reclaim everything.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Saw it yesterday, I was very disappointed as well. A nice concept but poorly scripted with kids and young teens as the target audience.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This looks like something I would really enjoy!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
I saw it and was very disappointed. Propaganda for kids, the worst kind. they could have taken the concept and told a better story, something interesting and not political but instead they screwed up their opportunity with the save the world nonsense. The world does not need to be saved. Mother nature will win every time. It is much more powerful than anything conceived by Man. Mankind is its own worst enemy and when the end comes it will be humankind that dies and the wheat fields and the forests will reclaim everything.

Fair enough, but after how many thousands of years? Is it really ok if we "destroy" the present Eco-system, Just because it will fix it's self a few millinia after we are gone?!?!

That's not really a fair "who cares the planet will fix it's self" since civilization and maybe humanity as a whole wouldn't be here to see the earth after it's repaired our damage.

Just not sure what your going for since you kinda killed your point about the earth surviving, when who cares since at that point humanity is extinct.

I mean your right " the world doesn't need saving ", but we do. So who cares if the earth lives if we die? Not me....

If WE wanna survive however it's time to "save humanity". I say screw the earth, Hookers been raining on me for years! But we better be swapping to solar and recycling because if not that trick is gonna laugh us into extinction and give cockroaches our seat at the table!! (I'm assuming we take the dolphins down with us ;p)
edit on 29-5-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You attributed the phrase, "who cares?" to my earlier comment three times. I never wrote that. In fact I care. My point which you seemed to sort of get is human kind is what is at risk, not the planet. Planet earth will endure no matter what we throw at her. Nuclear War, pollution, whatever.... If the planet had a conscious and decided it had had enough....one hiccup and we would be gone. In an afternoon.

For George Clooney to preach to us is like an ecoli cell complaining because the cow is not fit for consumption. It is true that we must now do and have done things smarter in the past. If we have the ability to conduct industry cleaner and more environmentally friendly then we have a moral obligation to do so. But many environmentalists are self appointed experts and feel the need to preach to the rest of us (and I have much in the way of personal experience with this) when, A. they don't the actual knowledge and data to back their assertions, and/or, B. they cite as their source of information and knowledge some other environmentalist's opinion as fact. (that isn't a new tactic, political talking heads do that all the time on both sides of the argument). And then people like Al Gore get in their private jet and fly off to their 15000 sq ft mansion on a beach that if their own predictions come true will be under water by 2018. Until we get off of this "we have to save the planet" nonsense there is a ceiling when it comes to how serious the public as a whole will take it. Particularly when you talk about third-world countries, whose priorities are feed their population first, house their population, second, etc. Preserving the environment for future generations assumes there will be future generations and I have been in countries where that is not necessarily a given and it barely if ever makes the list. Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs says nothing about saving the planet. It may be in self-actualization which is at the peak but there are a lot of things that must be covered first for most of the population of this planet.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For anyone that doesn't have their head up their ass this movie was obviously, and painfully so, about the idea of disclosure and a breakaway civilisation. They seemed to have gone to painful lengths just to get this idea across, and very blatantly so at that.. and still people were as oblivious to it as the chief villain in the movie accuses humanity of. The two protagonists are obviously meant to symbolise the people that can see through this charade, the people that know there's a better world out there and that it's possible.

Apparently this went over the head of almost everyone despite the obviousness of it. And hence the disdainful attitude of both the powers that be and the awake 'conspiracy theorists'. The story and the dimension is just a vehicle for these ideas, it's very similar to Elysium but there are also some specific clues but I don't have the time to go into that or try to find any more. There's some metaphysical ideas embedded but, again, not gonna be getting into that. The basics are easy though, we could have had a better World already if these assholes didn't hide this technology from us, it's criminal.. and the other part, that humanity is.. uhm, stupid and ignorant. I don't disagree with this assessment by the powers that be, it's true, that rant by the villain is all true, people are stupid, can't take care of themselves and they destroy everything they touch.

That about sums it up.

new topics

top topics

join