It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.C.'s flagrant 24 year Discrimination practices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Who is the U.C.?

Well, it appears this particular organization is in the limelight now as it has discriminated against a specific group of people who, per the article sourced below, make up less than 2% of the world's population and have done so for 24 years.

Curious to find out who, arentcha?

WHO are these people and WHY would they so disciminate? Sure, they feel they have good reason but c'mon...
I wanted to know so I followed these clues:

Clue # 1: The Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs pays $18,000 fees annually to have a "full" membership.
Clue # 2: It is made up of mostly white males
Clue#3: The organization was not built to ever have public interaction

Soooo, they want no public interaction, eh? (best Don Adams voice of the famous character, Agent 86 of Get Smart)

If you already know about the U.C. and what they represent, be proud....very few do. But for those of you like me, who had NO CLUE this group even existed and what they represent, here ya go:

EMOJIS.

... — a collection of teeny illustrations that anyone can access on a modern phone, tablet or computer — is a slothlike and politically fraught process. The official American emoji set, which includes such masterpieces as an eggplant, a tempura shrimp and a pile of poop, is regulated by a little-known, opaque organization called the Unicode Consortium(U.C.). Based in Mountain View, California, the group was created by major software and hardware manufacturers at the dawn of the World Wide Web to standardize characters and fonts. It ensures that text and symbols appear the same from device to device no matter what operating system you use.

Fascinating, huh? Yeah, I know, but you've read this far so what the heck....why not read on?

So what can possibly be an issue with those cutesy and fun little emojis?

There are NO auburn haired emojis! The UC apparently has discriminated against natural redheads.

What? Huh?

Now being a natural redhead myself, I was somewhat obligated to feel smited by this info, and I became determined to find out how to contact this 'consortium" and give them a chance to explain why. In my online search, I found my answer...

Enter Emma Kelly, a proud redhead and owner of a website, Ginger Parrot. The website focuses on redheads. Emma Kelly takes her natural haircolor seriously and has

taken on a weightier cause: the fight for redheads to be represented in emoji form.

After a recent Apple mobile software update that included new, varied skin tones for emoji, she was disappointed to find there were still no illustrated characters that resembled her. So she took to the Internet.

“If you say you’re going to diversify, why not add a few red-haired emoji in the mix?” she wrote in a petition on Change.org, which currently has a little more than 9,000 digital signatures. “Natural redheads may be rare at less than 2 percent of the world’s population, but that is 138,000,000 iPhones waiting to happen.”

So Emma Kelly found out the hard way that getting an auburn haired emoji was no simple task.

To find out what happened, please click on the link below. (I need to go brush my hair)

SOURCE

edit on 1432433644Saturday31Sat, 23 May 2015 21:14:04 -0500pmSaturday1490931 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Must be nice to have so much time to devote to something like this

Talk about a "fire down below" eh....?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I make time. And .......?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I was referring to the ginger blogger, not you.

Aren't you supposed to be brushing your hair? Marcia Brady says 100 brushes every night. You can't possibly be done already

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am multitasking. 60...61...62...

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Lol well played, good sir/ma'am. Well played

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I am female but too young for ma'am.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Is this going to be a red rage thread?

ETA: I'm just kidding, by the way. No offence intended. I'm not trying to troll you.
edit on 24-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Nah not really all that interesting. I am not the least bit curious, as matter of fact I stopped reading at arntcha!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I was a redhead until the age of five then I was cured.
I feel I can take the mickey seeing my three ex wives all had lovely red hair.
Never again...
Until I see another one and my heart melts.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Is it curly?.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Arentcha.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

My hair has a natural curl, yes.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Awww. I am no heartbreaker. I spent the majority of my youth growing my own business. It wasn't until 8 years ago I married...and now am the wife of the boy next door from my childhood. I am 53.

I have green eyes, freckles, and dimples....also, a temper and a stubborn streak that gets me into trouble.

I am learning, though. Age does that.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Weird that they'd have no red-heads. No light brown hair, either, at least not on my phone. All black or blonde.

As for the discrimination, well, when the blonde jokes are outlawed, I'll worry about the emoticons.

new topics

top topics

join