It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the Motive of Christianity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
im not positive, but i think the horse might be dead.

can we stop beating it now?
edit on 23-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

So what makes your version of God/truth the correct one and not one of theirs? Why pick out the things in common as evidence to support your beliefs but ignore everything else? Since Christianity didn't come first, wouldn't it make more sense that the older religions are closest to the truth? Perhaps Jesus is evidence of the Hindu mythologies being true. That would be just as plausible, would it not?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You assume much.... That can cause self/ego blindness if taken too far.

When dealing with kundalini it is wise to quickly learn self control. Lack of self control in energized state is normally not a wise thing. If you are looking for a fight then you will sooner or later manifest a fight on a level that you might not be able to handle.

Namaste
edit on 23-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Reason behing religion is to controll our basic instincts with Moral and ethics which actually is teachings in which a population needs to follow to strive to a single goal. Jesus promoted moral and ethics how we need to be in a society for the society to work. He "died" cause of our human instincts, which we are all bonded by. Jesus is a symbol for bigger societies, the teachings of religion is a philosophy for societies,.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Why do u make simple things complex? Instincts, instead of writing a whole book about higher learning.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I came late to the show and haven't read the whole thread yet, so if it' already mentioned I apologize in advance.

Friedrich_Nietzsche;

''Christianity deprived us of the benefits of Greek and Roman cultures. Over two thousand years ago, the Greeks and the Romans had discovered the scientific method. They possessed...the methodical research, the genius of organization and administration, the faith in, the will to, man's future, the great Yes to all things... But it was ruined by cunning, stealthy, invisible, anemic vampires....''

Nietzsche blamed the christian religion for the capitalization and destruction of healthy instinctive values.
He claimed that the apostle Paul may have deliberately propagated christianity as a subversive religion (a "psychological warfare weapon") within the Roman empire as a form of covert revenge for the Roman destruction of Jerusalem.

This is why christianity was created imo ... makes perfect geopolitical sense. Love thy neighborhood was not exactly what the apostles circle had in mind. Their root religion hated Pagans as nothing else;

-Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18

-He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them…. He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD’s Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. 2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT

Also see sodom and gomorrah and other quotes I haven't in hand right now.

Love and understanding and ethical morals were already given by the Philosophers and the Sayings of the Seven Sages
(100 rules to live by the most wise philosophers of their time. with way way way better moral values (even in our today modern societies) than the 10 commandments. from which four of them only talk about how arrogant god is.

Sorry if I offended anyone beliefs, but it's the truth people.
edit on SatSat, 23 May 2015 18:42:56 -05001PMkuSaturdaypm by Dr1Akula because: grammar

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The Hindu theology behind religion is based on a people from the north, Neanderthals, blue eyed, blond hair which has almost 200.000 years of evolution and alot of meat, who became treated like gods by the, River people of india harappa. With the neanderthals the Rh - genome, arrived, which loonies think is a serpent bloodline. which today is aprox 7 % of the human population or 500.000.000 when it hits the 7.000.000.000 curb. . The Rh - genome protects from certain diseases which the Rh + will die from. The Rh - genome fixes the population controll since people/parents who both have the Rh - genome have problem with reproducing children since of the oxygen problem called blue babys ( hindu ).

Now we can go back playing with stories about, i dont know Aliens and Dinosaurs?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

The quotes you mentioned are in the Old Testament, and aren't technically Christian. Jesus corrects some fallible teachings in the Old Testament (such as 'eye for an eye'), so who knows what should be taken from it.

People have misconceived the word and done terrible things that blatantly do no adhere to Jesus' teachings.

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

So what makes your version of God/truth the correct one and not one of theirs? Why pick out the things in common as evidence to support your beliefs but ignore everything else? Since Christianity didn't come first, wouldn't it make more sense that the older religions are closest to the truth? Perhaps Jesus is evidence of the Hindu mythologies being true. That would be just as plausible, would it not?

I said I believe them all to be referring to the same truth. Jesus is the most interesting figure because his fellowship says that he died and resurrected, thus demonstrating that his words had the power to transcend death and decay.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I understand that. I guess what I'm asking you is what is "the same truth". While there are no doubt things you can find that religions have in common, there are fundamental differences. Is that "same truth" they refer to the Biblical narrative? Jesus is not the only divine figure to have died and resurrected. Other divine figures have displayed their power as well.

edit on 5-23-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I guess what I'm asking you is what is "the same truth".

From what I gather, these texts call for a spiritual exodus. Liberation from the confines of carnality and reunion with Eternal Being. My favorite Hindu parable:

A man lives his life, raises a family, and when his kids leave the house, he wanders off into the wilderness never to be heard from again.

Similarly:

"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." (Mthw 19:29)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Jesus is a philosopher on the same narrative ways of Buddhism, Constantive gave order to write the new testament 400AD and then the King james came in the 17th century, so what we read are stories made for societies to function. You wont get anywhere with just thinking what his teachings were since 99% of the human population wont follow anything of what the teached. He was a monk, who read philosophy.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hindu philosophy is awesome!

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Well if human could life as nature intended it we would never have societies, philosophy and religion is the same thing, religion is always needed in a society. Not of the beliefs but for the mere fact humans are greedy as hell and will act as savages without any fear.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Interesting. I'll have to comment more later, on a time crunch atm. Just wondering about a source for that Hindu parable so I may read it in context. Thanks in advance. Take care.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Interesting. I'll have to comment more later, on a time crunch atm. Just wondering about a source for that Hindu parable so I may read it in context. Thanks in advance. Take care.

My professor showed me that parable in my Eastern mysticism class. I'll email her asking for the source.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Cool. Don't worry too much about it if you have to email old professors.

I wanted to know the context because I fail to see how they are similar. Other than talking about growing and leaving the house. One ends with the man never being heard from again. The other has the spiritual connotations.

I feel I may understand your point of view a little more. Am I understanding that you believe in an Eternal Being that may, or may not be the God of the Bible. From your posts I have always thought that you were a Christian believing in a more or less literal interpretation of the Bible (or at least parts of it). It seems now that you are more open minded to the whole subject of spirituality and such?

If I am incorrect, I fear you have missed the point of my question. That being why the Biblical narrative (Creation story, Adam and Eve, Heaven and Hell, Revelations etc) is the truth, as opposed to *insert other religion here*. You mentioned the life and times of Christ was a big part of it for you. But again, Christ is not necessarily unique in his ministries or miracles.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The motive was Control, Power, Greed, unlimited virgins for pleasure, get back at the Jews and to subdue the plebs.........it worked.

Those Romans were a smart lot.

It worked so well, the Arabs had to join and started their own Control system....it worked well to, with even more virgins and younger girls.

Too bad the Eastern teachings of gaining enlightenment didn't take over the West, instead of the Greed religions.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You talk as if you know something about it. But anyone that has actually studied the difference wouldn't even ask. Large, huge differences in what Jesus said and the sayings of noted humans claiming some sort of divine understanding.

And no it wouldn't make sense to go for older religions as authorities simply because of age especially in the case of christianity vs whatever. In fact Christianity goes all the way back to the very beginning anyway. You see it as a point in time only, beginning with Christ's life but in fact goes back into the very foundations of history.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

What a coincidence, other religions and mythologies also trace themselves back to the beginning of "the foundations of history". But such claims are made in their holy texts. Which, more often then not, and not surprisingly, disagree with actual history.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Many people hold the belief that the bible was meant to control the people. I am not saying it has not been used for this purpose, but the true intention of the Bible could not have been as a mode of control.

Actually bible (as well Torah or Qur'an) are all instructional books with complete idea of control, from what you should think, do, how to have sex, what to do with non-believers...
Now, organized religions that were product of those instructions with their hierarchy best show what simple purpose of instructional books is - to control masses.

Jesus said to drop your nets and do as he did. How would this serve any tyrant's agenda? If everyone followed Christ's word we would all be living in an altruistic egalitarian community. This is the opposite of what a tyrant, or group of tyrants, would want the people to do. Yes, the Word has been twisted for the purposes of control, but that was not the reason this book was written.

Now you jumping to Jesus, who did not write bible and for whom you don't even have any proof if he existed, or if he was capable of miracles as stated in bible that was written at least 200 hundred years after his death. Gap between those 2 events tells you how much is reliable instructional book, and that is where you get instructions that are way opposite from what you believe Jesus would do...

So, if Christianity was not purposed as a mode of control, what was the purpose? If we look at the life of Christ and the ensuing acts of his apostles, we learn that money was not the motive. Nor was it for egoic glorification. In my mind, this leaves us with two options as the motive of Christianity:

Purpose of Christianity - now you jumping from bible over Jesus to Christianity - as seen in my reply - those are 3 different things - not the same. Purpose of Christianity is by all means to make you feel not worthy and guilty of sins you never did, acknowledge someone we don't even know existed as your savior, and promise you paradise... where is everyone who believed the same as you... and you believe in Christianity by pure coincidence being born at that place and to that parents and at that time... funny...

1) It is a lie fabricated for no purpose whatsoever by the most despicable group of trolls of all time.

As I showed in this post, there is purpose and IT WAS used as tool - we have evidence... from destruction of previous religions that were named pagans, to strong hierarchy, crusades, inquisition,.... you name it...

2) Jesus' teachings are true and it is the word of God.

This has nothing to do with first one... Even if his teaching was true, it was not practiced, or if it was, you would not be opposing for example gay marriage, because just guess what would Jesus do?! Bible is not word of God... we know that from many false statements, at least we can conclude God would know better, and at best, it is just plagiarism from mix of previous religions...

In my humble opinion, I don't think martyrs would die for option #1

O boy, is that the best you could do? How about, money, power... fight for more power... more money, gold.... what do you think, how did religion survive so long? Please be honest....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join