It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To "Help" or to "Harm" - The only choice of every action.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Help gathers into group and form things like Charities to help others; while harm gathers into groups to make gangs, violence, and armies for wars. Harm grows harming others, bringing fear, death, slavery, and hatred; while Helpfulness grows bringing peace, healing, freedom, and love.

Help inspires others to be Helpful by telling people of the power of helpfulness, talking about acts of charity, generosity, kindness, and love that helps others. Harm inspires others to be harmful saying that harmful people rule the world and everything is hopeless so give up on Helpfulness, or even worse, side with harm.

Harm scared people to join it by saying that if you don't then you yourself will be harmed/punish. Help gets people to join it through love and peace.

These are the two Metaphysical/Spiritual forces (consciousness), Help is the positive and harm is the negative force, and many seem to turn from one to the other, back and forth.

I tried my best to stay away from coded words like, "God", "Spirit", "Ego", "Devil", "Angel", etc. as many religious beliefs seems to mix the two.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I choose neither.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
How can you know if you are helping or harming?
You see a homeless person on the street and he asks for money - do you give him money? Let's say you do. He did not tell you he needed it for the bus fare to enable him to go and kill his ex wife. Did you do good or bad by helping him?
You see a child drowning so jump in and save them. They grow up to be a mass murderer similar to Hitler. Did you help or harm?
How can one know what is good or bad in the grand scheme of things?

All this preoccupation with good and bad obscures the obvious - there is only what is actually happening and it is not good or bad - it just is.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Nothing is ever black or white... so many shades of grey in between.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
while harm gathers into groups to make gangs, violence, and armies for wars.

Armies for war are many times helpful because there is peace in strength.
It's not harmful to have an army to fight the Hitlers of the world.
It's helpful to those the armies protect.
Not everything is black or white.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

All depends in what context the idea of "harm" is used..To interfere in an others life you could be harming them.

These are the two Metaphysical/Spiritual forces

You equate this to consciousness, how so?

from the standard definition of Force:
"In physics, a force is any interaction which tends to change the motion of an object."

"harm" "help" are not forces. They are choices one makes to interact and project onto another.
A useful rudimentary thread, can you please elaborate further. I like some of your writing.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You see a homeless person

Sorry Itisnowagain, you dont get to play, your usual response should be; "There is no homeless person, the person is constantly appearing different."

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Armies for war are many times helpful because there is peace in strength

There is peace only through compassion and understanding and mutual respect. There is no Peace through strength as there will always be someone stronger and someone weaker than your Nation. The Hitlers of this world are created through the MSM. The Hitlers like Bush Cheney Rumsfeld laugh in your face, no War Crimes Tribunals for them.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
How can you know if you are helping or harming?
You see a homeless person on the street and he asks for money - do you give him money? Let's say you do. He did not tell you he needed it for the bus fare to enable him to go and kill his ex wife. Did you do good or bad by helping him?

I did good because I gave him the money for the bus, he is responsible for his own actions. Now if I knew he would use the money to harm others, then I am wrong for promoting such behavior.

Support helpfulness = good
Support harm = bad (unless you were tricked and didn't know it was for harm)

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Choosing none is still choosing harm. If you don't care to help others, then you're keeping them others down. All of your actions affect others whether helpfulness, harmfulness, or apathy of not helping others.

Armies for war are many times helpful because there is peace in strength.

War and peace are two different things. There is no peace in "strength" of armies killing in wars.

It's not harmful to have an army to fight the Hitlers of the world.
It's helpful to those the armies protect.

Not really. Many from both sides get killed in wars. That is harmful.

Not everything is black or white.

Helping others = good
Harming others = bad

War = harming those who harm others,
Both sides get hurt and, peace is lost

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Maybe I should have said, "a type of" consciousness/Mindset.

Yes, I'm talking about basic principles. I mean harming others in general (with the intention to do so).

I believe there's a reason why eastern religions made the concept of "ahimsa" (pacifism/non-violence) and why Jesus said "turn the other cheek". I am not turning this into a religious thread, just using them as an example that some people even a long time ago, began to see the pattern of endless wars - non-violence/forgiveness changes that while wrath/revenge encourage wars.

This does not mean, I believe people should allow others to hurt them, I mean walking away forgiving and moving on instead of feeding the pain with violence/wars.
edit on 22-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
There is peace only through compassion and understanding and mutual respect.

Tell that to the six million jews mass murdered in the Nazi extermination camps. If they were strong and could have defended themselves, Hitler wouldn't have been able to mass murder them.

Compassion and understanding are great. But if that doesn't stop a bully, and it usually doesn't, then you have to hit him harder than he hits you. Make sure he can't stand up to hit you again. THAT is when an army is a good thing.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Helping others = good
Harming others = bad

Armies stopping others from hurting innocent people = helping others = good.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

But killing is harming others.

There are other ways to protect innocent people without killing.

Keep in mind Hitler believed HE was the good guy and his killing was good and protecting others. People like Hitler and Isis exists because they justify killing as good. Most of them believe God told them to do so.

This type of "no black and white" morality allows people to justify such things.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But killing is harming others.
There are other ways to protect innocent people without killing.

Many times there are NOT other ways to protect innocent people.
Look at the 6 million Jews in Nazi Germany.
They were nice and did nothing wrong, but they were mass murdered.
Only a war and killing the bad guys was going to stop the slaughter.

Like I said, it's not black and white.
Sometimes to help the majority, you have to harm an evil minority.
That's the fault of the evil minority.
They chose to do evil towards their fellow man.
So the innocent have no choice but to fight back.
And they'd be right for doing so.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Put them in jail to stop them from killing?
Educate them?

There are other ways besides killing.

Like I said, justifying killing is the same mindset Hitler had.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Put them in jail to stop them from killing?
Educate them?

And how were the six million Jews supposed to put the Nazis in jail? How were the Jews supposed to educate the Germans from the concentration camps and the gas chambers?

There are other ways besides killing.

Not always.

Like I said, justifying killing is the same mindset Hitler had.

He was obviously insane. He tried to justify killing innocent people who were minding their own business. The Allies in WWII were killing those who had chosen to be murderers. They had to do it in order to save the multitude. There was no choice. Big difference. That's the reality of the situation.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The Allies could have captured them and put them in jail and educated them, but if people didn't have the belief that killing is justifiable, they probably wouldn't have voted for the violent Nazis in the first place.
edit on 22-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I feel the strength in unity is stronger then division. It feels good to help out, and practice paying it forward.

It's hard to tell sometimes how are actions may turn out. Often it's easy to underestimate how even small acts of kindness can raise someone's spirit. I can understand how someone may not want to get tangled up in others affairs. Usually, I'll listen to my gut feeling, if I question the good mentally in helping out another. Ultimately, I feel the outcome is in the hands of a higher power.

Everyone learns at their own pace. I like to jump in though, if someone is going to hurt themselves, in danger, or being treated inhumanely in my day to day living. It's encouraging to see someone learning from help, and improving themselves.
edit on 22-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The Allies could have captured them and put them in jail and educated them, but if people didn't have the belief that killing is justifiable, they probably wouldn't have voted for the violent Nazis in the first place.

And how would the Allies do that without an army? And do you think the nazis would have allowed themselves to be captured without a deadly fight? Sometimes war has to happen for the good of mankind. It has to happen to stop aggression. Being cerebral and expecting mass murders (Nazis) to be reasonable ... sorry but that just doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong. You have a nice thought and all. But it's not doable.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

There is peace only through compassion and understanding and mutual respect.

Tell that to the six million jews mass murdered in the Nazi extermination camps. If they were strong and could have defended themselves, Hitler wouldn't have been able to mass murder them.

Compassion and understanding are great. But if that doesn't stop a bully, and it usually doesn't, then you have to hit him harder than he hits you. Make sure he can't stand up to hit you again. THAT is when an army is a good thing.

On the school-yard play-ground that is true, but in the "real" world
where nations war with each other, perhaps it is less than true.

Western wars have killed four million Muslims since 1990
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When a few Muslim radicals stood up to the American bully
the result was a holocaust greater than the Jews of WWII.

We got a punch in the nose on 9/11.
What the Muslim world got was a holocaust.

According to the figures explored here, total deaths from Western interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 1990s - from direct killings and the longer-term impact of war-imposed deprivation - likely constitute around 4 million (2 million in Iraq from 1991-2003, plus 2 million from the “war on terror”), and could be as high as 6-8 million people when accounting for higher avoidable death estimates in Afghanistan.

You wrote:
" If they were strong and could have defended themselves,
Hitler wouldn't have been able to mass murder them. "

Does that apply to Muslim as well?

edit on 22-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After these governing bodies are finished saving us from our enemies...eradicating them from the planet, we're going to need more enemies so the guns don't get pointed at us...blood lust is blood lust...

One day when everyone else is dead, (COG) governing bodies will learn to eat at the same table amongst themselves, or they will end it all and for what, the best tasting cookie?

edit on (5/22/1515 by loveguy because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join