It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘It Sure Looks Like Some Ferguson Protestors Were Paid To Do So By Liberal Organize Missouri’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: NavyDoc

Incorrect Doc:

3) Criminal Charges Against Militia Members Who Brought Guns To Nevada Another federal law provides that “[w]hoever transports or manufactures for transportation in commerce any firearm, or explosive or incendiary device, knowing or having reason to know or intending that the same will be used unlawfully in furtherance of a civil disorder” may be fined or imprisoned for up to five years. This statute could potentially form the basis for criminal charges against some of the militia members who traveled to Nevada with their guns in order to support Bundy. In order to convict someone charged under this law, federal prosecutors would need to prove that the militia member transported their gun with reason to know that it would be used “unlawfully in furtherance of a civil disorder,” so this statute could not be used against someone who had no reason to suspect that they were traveling towards anything other than a peaceful protest. A civil disorder is defined as “any public disturbance involving acts of violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the property or person of any other individual.”

Three Ways That Nevada Rancher And His Right-Wing Militia Supporters Could Wind Up Behind Bars

Your initial statement was incorrect--it is not illegal to transport firearms across state lines. I do it all of the time. The statute says that it is illegal to transport for the purposes of "unlawful civil disorder" and this intent is very difficult to prove.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here's some typical protesting....

Paid Ferguson Protesters Demand Their Back Wages From Acorn and Soros

Thank you for the link. After reading it, I did a little research on the MAU group that were protesting MORE... it's given me a little different perspective. It seems that the MAU group are a genuine local grassroots group. I don't think they really work for MORE though. It seems MAU is more than a little angry? resentful? of this ACORN offshoot coming into their town to make $$ off their misery and problems while doing nothing positive or proactive, and are demanding some of the loot. I don't blame them.

It seems to me now that whatever thugs MORE hired, they aren't part of this group.

I saw a tweet from MAU that indicated MORE did "cut the check." I'm guessing MORE couldn't have that kind of bad publicity from the locals.

I suspect this isn't over yet. I doubt MORE will change their spots, and I doubt MAU will kowtow to them... I'm still hoping MORE pisses them off again, and MAU starts spilling the beans about MORE.

This is why my daddy always told me to be good to everyone, because you meet the same folks on the way down that you met on the way up! (And I do try... but it sure can be tough sometimes)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: NavyDoc

Incorrect Doc:

3) Criminal Charges Against Militia Members Who Brought Guns To Nevada Another federal law provides that “[w]hoever transports or manufactures for transportation in commerce any firearm, or explosive or incendiary device, knowing or having reason to know or intending that the same will be used unlawfully in furtherance of a civil disorder” may be fined or imprisoned for up to five years. This statute could potentially form the basis for criminal charges against some of the militia members who traveled to Nevada with their guns in order to support Bundy. In order to convict someone charged under this law, federal prosecutors would need to prove that the militia member transported their gun with reason to know that it would be used “unlawfully in furtherance of a civil disorder,” so this statute could not be used against someone who had no reason to suspect that they were traveling towards anything other than a peaceful protest. A civil disorder is defined as “any public disturbance involving acts of violence by assemblages of three or more persons, which causes an immediate danger of or results in damage or injury to the property or person of any other individual.”

Three Ways That Nevada Rancher And His Right-Wing Militia Supporters Could Wind Up Behind Bars

Your initial statement was incorrect--it is not illegal to transport firearms across state lines. I do it all of the time. The statute says that it is illegal to transport for the purposes of "unlawful civil disorder" and this intent is very difficult to prove.

I didn't claim you broke the law I claimed the Bundy protesters broke the law.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join