It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Schrade SCAXE2, Camp Axe, A Serious Survival Contender.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The Schrade SCAXE2, A Serious Survival Contender

Now THIS is a survival tool I can get behind.

Well under $50.00usd, comfortable in your hand, excellent design and a hidden Ferro Rod

After reading numerous reviews, apparently this "Camp Axe" is not only good looking and well designed, it is durable as well..

Remember, no matter what axe/hatchet you choose, pick one that has proven reliability and that works for YOU!!!!

( I will run this through some tests and post my thoughts in a few days)

Semper

edit on 5/19/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

The initial release of that axe had some cold weather survival issues. Schrade has since corrected the problem, so I hope you got new stock ... and not something that had been on the shelf a while.

Do let us know if you're going to mod it in any way.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wont MOD the actual axe, but I will either make or buy a custom sheath.. I have one for almost all of my axes... (I currently have 12 lol )

This is a brand new one, and they fixed that issue quite some time ago actually..

The reviews I have seen on this have all been rather splendid, but I will put it through my own tests and we will see...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Why would anyone need 12 axes?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I just want one.
That one.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol. Me too!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Whatcha think about this one

Made by RMJ Tactical LLC in conjunction with Bawidamann Industries

Merry Yule.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I don't "NEED" even one really..

I collect knives, axes and guns..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Acatalepsia

Nice Tomahawk..

I have 5 I think now.. A couple of cheaper Chinese models (That are pretty good functionally), 2 SOG models, a Condor and 1 other I think.. I would have to look

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Much more useful than some Rambo style pig sticker with a compass in its hollow and non waterproof handle.
Take that and a bowsaw and a good quality log splitter and you have pretty much got it covered.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Question: Do you ever buy real American Made blacksmith pieces?

I too am a collector. I have a little over 400 knives swords and axes, but maybe 20 of them ever saw a factory floor.
Maybe 10 benchmade and maybe 5 rosarm russian knives from the Urals (not bragging, its really an indictment on how bad of a problem I have but I'm mentioning it to let you know I am like you and love edged metal)

The reasons I encourage buying from blacksmiths:
1) Usually American made. Though I have a blacksmith in Spain and Ukraine that are awesome.
2) Its a dying art that I choose to try to preserve.
3) Its usually MUCH BETTER quality.

I actually don't just collect but I use... I have snapped and bent and knocked so many knives swords and axes its ridiculous.

There is one forum I buy most of them from, but I don't think I can post it here... and if I did a lot of you would be out thousands a year and be pissed at me. If interested pm me.

cheers

edit on 20-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is the last one I bought from a blacksmith.

It has great balance.

s16.postimg.org...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Yes

Much of my collection is handmade pieces made for me

I almost never brag about them or post them due to their value and well..... Bragging and all..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Cool man.

Cheers

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
oh barf ,make me sick , more chinese crap !! get real people , nothing from china this cheap is a REAL survival tool you can count on when you need too. good quality hatchets are avalible at reasonable cost just look around,plenty on amazon and e-bay. Council tools here in the USA have been making quality tools for Fire-Rescue, LEO, and military for 129 years, and a 14 inch handled hatchet is only 42$ plus shipping.also what are you going to do when that chinese plastic breaks off ? a compact splitting wedge is all its good for.now fiskars makes a plastic handled hatchet too, 35$ now that i might trust. i have used a fiskars brush trimmer (hooked machete) made in finland for 7 years of constant hard use ,and the plastic handle is still undamaged and intact,a standard hatchet or axe you can make a replacement handle given enough time.please dont anyone waste your money on any axe, pick or other edged "tool" from a "hardware store" , its all chinese or mexican or indian junk. save your money and get quality first, its cheaper in the long run. Estwing (usa made) makes one piece hatchets and axes that will never come apart, but i have heard from real axe men that their axes dont have very good balance and proper ground edges for long hard use as in making a log cabin, otherwise they will do, and reasonably priced, easy to find here in USA.oh yeah and lastly hatchets are the best tools known for lopping off fingers and bouncing off firewood and slicing into your ankle so you bleedout 100 miles from nowhere,only expert woodsman carry them, otherwise carry a axe with a long 36 inch handle and keep all you body parts FAR away when using.CHEAP CRAP IS CHEAP CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-5-2015 by madokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I got a Schrade SCAXE5 Full Tang Tactical Hatchet recently for my BOB and I love it. I chose it because it can be used as a crowbar too. Used it some out back of the house to clear a section in the woods to hang and test the hammock I got. It worked beautifully.

top topics

join