It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Great

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

So around two weeks ago I went to the doctor because I was experiencing lower back pain and had blood in my urine. They did a UA and a blood test and prescribed me cipro for the next 10 days.
I got a call back from the doc this past Friday morning with the results of the blood test. They said that it was the beginning of kidney stones and that I was to drink a glass of lemonade a day or other citrus fruits. That they would help clear up the stones?
I've never had issues with my kidneys, bladder or prostate nor any other major health issues. I'm a 27y/o male, and other than appendicitis at 12 and some minor spinal issues from working too hard, I'm pretty darn healthy and have avoided doctors most of my adult life.

Now, the reason for the thread.
For the last month, my body is drained of energy every day. And I'm void of daily ambition. I've just chalked it up to being a little older. And even joked to the doc about old age catching up too fast lol.
Until about last Wednesday. When I awoke to notice that my left testicle is sore. For no reason at all. I inspected it to find a large lump at the bottom side of it. The last few days have shown no change in the lump nor pain.
Like I said, I've avoided doctors this long, for financial reasons as well as health reasons. I'm not one to call the doc over a small cough or a headache like most. And I think that in some cases too much medicine can be detrimental. But, in the case of the blood in my urine, I automatically knew I needed to see a doctor, so I did. I feel the same way with the lump.
I guess I just don't know what I'm going to do if this turns out to be something bad. I can't afford a year's worth of doctors. Especially after just dealing with the kidneys.

I just don't know what to do ATS, I'm falling apart

edit on 18-5-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi chickensalad
well.. I am like you in that I avoid doctors as long as I can, also no insurance makes it really tough. I think you need to get this checked out asap though. I am not male but I don't think you should wait on this. Hopefully it is just a benign cyst but either way if you get it diagnosed now you won't be wasting time if it needs to come out right away. Hopefully some fellow atsers with experience can chime in. Best wishes!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

A simple ultrasound will give answers,,
i have found three cysts from different parts of my stupid monkey body, all harmless...

freshly made citrus juice is great.. sooo goood...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
A family member of mine was dealing with kidney stones recently, they mentioned apple cider vinegar did wonders for them on pain relief. Take that piece of information as you wish and good luck.a reply to: Chickensalad

edit on 18-5-2015 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Even if it turns out to be cancer, it doesn't mean it's a death threat. See if you can get help with your medical. They can't get blood from a stone. They can't refuse to treat you. I know what it's like having to play the waiting game and not knowing what might happen. I had cancer a few years ago and am still alive and kicking. I wish you all the best.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Kidney stones? I can write a book about them. I started getting kidney stones at the age of 36 (now 20 years later). I stopped counting after getting on average 2 or 3 a year.

I was nervous the first time I found blood in my urine. Thanks to a phys ed teacher who told our class if you ever find blood in your urine it's a 99% chance it's cancer. Far from it, since blood in the urine can be the result of a urinary infection and kidney stones, just to name a few.

Anyways, back to the kidney stones... My stones were caused by an excess of uric acid. They were very painful and I knew a week or 2 days ahead of time I was about to get one. I would feel a little sick or under the weather or my wife would say I looked a little pale. I sometimes would have a very small ache in the upper part of my back depending on which kidney the stone was in. I would diagnose I had a kidney stone before the x-ray results would come back in during my wait in the emergency room. I was in the hospital usually once a year. I've had them pulverized with Shock Wave Lithotripsy and I've also had surgery to brake them up with a laser. Lithotripsy is by far the best way to go. Even if you have them broken-up with a lazer, you will still feel like you're passing a kidney stone later because of muscle contractions.

I was seeing a urologist once a year getting ultrasounds from a doctor who always acted like he was going to a fire. This guy never took the time to really discuss my chronic issue. He would spend maybe 2 minutes with me, and than off he would go. This went on for a good 15 years until I found myself in the hospital again with 3 kidney stones. I went through 3 urologists by this time. My fireman doctor wasn't scheduled to work that day, so instead who walks in to my hospital room but my first urologist doctor, (which I dropped because I didn't think he knew what he was doing).

He comes into my room a day after my Lithotripsy and says to me, you know, I don't want to over step your current doctor, but considering the number of kidney stones you're getting, you should be on 300 mgs of Allopurinol. What? My doctor only had me on 100 mgs. for the past 10 years! So the fist thing I said when I met with Dr. Fireman, is to ask him if he could put me on 300 mgs of Allopurinol. He says sure, and out he goes to another fire. Since than for the past 5 years I haven't had another kidney stone (knock on wood). I did fire the Fireman doctor and I'm now on my fourth urology doctor. No more yearly ultrasounds.

I'm forever grateful for my first urology doctor for telling me I should change my prescription to a higher dosage. It's worked great for me. You also have to remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day so you don't become dehydrated and it also helps flush out your kidneys.

Stones could also be made up of calcium. You will have to get your stone tested to see what type of stone it is. Calcium stones most likely have a different long term treatment.

People think passing the stone is the most painful, but in reality, it's the stone moving from the kidney to the bladder that causes the most pain. I was always relieved when the pain would stop, because I knew the stone dropped into my bladder and soon I would pee the SOB out. They're not always round but most of the time they're shaped like rice grain.

I hope this bit of information helps with your stone problem, good luck to you. Kidney stones are more common than what everybody thinks.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Here you go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ask and you shall receive

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks.

The kidney issues really aren't a major concern to me right now. I'm handling that pretty well. I have heard of the apple cider vinegar though.

I think I just needed some reasoning and logic to get me to the doc. Other than some pain and maybe sterilization, whats the worst outcome of not going?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That sucks, man. I'm sorry. I hope that the lump isn't something serious. That must be scary. Just take it easy, as much as you can. If you need someone to talk to, ATS is good for that. There are a lot of good people here.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Keep us posted on any results.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I broke down and set up an appointment for the morning. I reckon I should let the doctor fondle my eggs and see if they're normal.

I'll let everybody know how it's going from there.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I broke down and set up an appointment for the morning. I reckon I should let the doctor fondle my eggs and see if they're normal.

I'll let everybody know how it's going from there.

Good deal. It's always better to go to the doc and have it be nothing than not go and have it be something. Good luck.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Good luck!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, I missed my initial appointment due to some non-related stuffs popping up. But I did get in to the doc today.

They took another UA and sent me down for an ultrasound. Now I'm just waiting on a call from the doc to see where we go from there.

He mentioned a few possible causes and avoided the C word thank god. It does sound like a possibility that I may lose the affected testicle, but that's not a major loss in my book. I do have two of the damn things lol.

All in all, I'm just trying to keep my wits about me and hope for some decent news in the next day or so.

Thanks to those that have shown support thus far.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear your troubles but glad your seeking medical advice. All the best

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Docs office just called.
Its epididymitis, an infection in part of my testicle. They're going to treat it with a shot of antibiotics and a 14 day dose of twice-a-day antibiotics.

Sooooo, its a non-event.

Thanks for sticking around.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Good for you! Kind of weird thing to say maybe but the considering the alternative...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

So I can relax now? LOL Whew! Good news Honey!

new topics

top topics

join