It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When A Bear And Some Dude Scare Each Other

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had to laugh out loud when I saw this. Sorry, don't know how to embed the video but it is worth a view. Hope to send a chuckle to you all to start the weekend of right!

I have never had a bear encounter but if I did, this would likely cause me to be grateful for a change in undies...

One minute, you're the king of your castle, strolling in the yard with a drink in your hand and not a care in the world. The next, you're hightailing it out of there after coming face to face with a bear.

That's what happened in the clip above. And if you think the man was terrified, just check out the bear's reaction.

Sometimes, wild animals really are just as afraid of us as we are of them.

The clip was posted on YouTube with no explanation as to where or when it was filmed. However, several observers on reddit have pointed out that the animal's characteristics and behavior suggest it's a black bear.

(thanks to Muchmadness for embedding in his post below!)

ENJOY!

SOURCE

edit on 1431724930Friday31Fri, 15 May 2015 16:22:10 -0500pmFriday2240431 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

That's funny!

I don't blame the guy but the bear's reaction is hilarious.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I don't think that's a black bear.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness

Thank you!!! Hubby thinks it's a grizzly?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Laughed my @$$ off. Thnx!
I wwould've run faster than the bear though

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Next step - restroom - clean pants
Say thank you many times to the Supreme Being

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Black bears get pretty light brownish. Even being called a "cinnamon" bear. Sometimes blueish grey. That's a very very very small grizzly if it's a grizzly. 300-400 pounds by the looks of it. That guy is very very lucky. That party doesn't end well 99% of the time.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I'd even bet closer to 200 pounds on third watch.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Cant see the video due to mobile but i will definitely check it out later. Sounds very entertaining, s+f for you buddy, cheers!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think we just solved the question as to whether bears # in the woods. The answer is, "Not necessarily."

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would like to say that a bear that small wouldnt be that scary to me....but i know better. While my rational mind may know that I'd likely be able to not die in an encounter.....fight or flight still rules the old neural network.

Last week i walked out the back gate to the rear landing where I park. As i stepped onto the landing, i caught motion out of the corner of my eye that didn't fit in. I am used to the doves, quails, grackles...the calico cat from next door, the beagle and chihuahuas from the neighborhood that wander around from time to time....

This was none of those things, and it scared the holy hell out of me. So i jump, do a quick 3 step shuffle to the side, and turn to see what it is. It was a turkey. A wild turkey that comes around every few days, so isn't the daily part of my environment. Out of the corner of my eye I just saw something fairly large, and brown. And it moved.

Of course, once i saw what it was, the urge to flee left. And I could chuckle about how a turkey scared the living hell out of me.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

One morning my husband and I were sitting having coffee on the sofa near the window, my husband looking past me says "Wow that sure is a big dog on our porch...lol I said that's not a dog that's a bear! he was just leaving for work so it would have been scary if he would have just gone on out before he realized it was a bear.

Brown bear

edit on 15-5-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fight or flight even from a squirrel...been there, done that!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

It's worth a chuckle. Enjoy!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Echo that.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Poor bear nearly became a rug by jumping outta it's own skin from fright.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

OMG, I wouldn't let my hubby. ever forget that! Too funny...

Mine mistook a horse for a moose!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've lived in towns that when you get past the edge, you're in the wilderness. Kenora and Campbell River are 2. Bears are just big racoons. They want your garbage and no human contact. I came across a cougar once outside CR. It wasn't hungry. Lucky for me. They REALLY don't want to have anything to do with us. Our garbage is just too damn good though.
Same with bears.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think we just solved the question as to whether bears # in the woods. The answer is, "Not necessarily."

Bears may do that in the woods but I know where that guy just did it. Not that I blame him.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That was funny. The guy got very lucky. Even a smaller bear like that can mess you up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join