It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordanian gynaecologist leaves cell phone in patient’s abdomen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ever have a weird feeling in your abdomen you cannot determine the cause?

Ramallah: A Jordanian gynaecologist is alleged to have accidentally left his cell phone in his patient’s abdomen during a Caesarian section in April this year.

Hanan Mahmoud Abdul Karim, 36, was admitted to a private hospital in Amman for the operation on April 24, according to the Jordanian media. During the procedure, the gynaecologist somehow misplaced his mobile phone in the woman’s abdomen.

Majeda Abdul Hamid, the patient’s mother, told the media that after Hanan gave birth to a 4.8 kilogram baby boy she was discharged from hospital, and later the family started noticing her abdomen vibrating.

“My daughter suffered serious pains and could not move. I brought her back to the hospital where she was treated but nothing was done for her,” the mother was quoted as saying.

Digest that a moment....

So, bizarre but true story?

Hanan was then admitted to the casualty department of Al Bashir public hospital in Amman where X-rays revealed a foreign object in her abdomen. Physicians in Al Bashir hospital operated on Hanan and removed the phone.

Hanan’s case echoed in the Jordanian parliament, where the parliament member Salim Al Bataynah urged the Jordanian government to resign as a result of this scandal. “In countries which show respect to their nations, and following such scandals, governments usually resign,” he was quoted as saying. “The parliament should show responsibility and be on the level of the case.”

Having gone through 7 surgeries, 4 that were abdominal, I often wonder...nah, that kinda thing doesn't happen in real life, right?? But then I reflect back to my younger days when cell phones had just become all the rage; I was engaged to an OBGYN who would call me literally from the o.r., having a nurse hold the phone to his ear.

Whoops!

SOURCE

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well then. That's a doctor I want to visit...Makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer dropped the candy into the patients open abdomen.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Did I read the OP right, someone is asking the Jordanian government to resign, to more or less sweep the government aside, because a doctor dropped his cell phone into a patient? Did I, like the doctor, lose something between point A and point Huh?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How early is too early to give a baby a cell phone.

Rofl.

Poor Mum!

I wonder how many times the doctor rang the number while walking around his home or office trying to find it.

P

edit on 14/5/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've heard of cases like this.
Has anybody found Rock Hudson's wrist watch?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

You read it right!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I wonder if, when sleeping, she rolled over and ordered something from Amazon!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Sexting just took on a whole new meaning

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Any clue how long it would have lasted in the body? Seems like the battery could cause huge concern.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Maybe his ringtone was Let's talk about Sex. Or I wanna Sex you up...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
He didn't drop his phone...you don't just happen to drop your phone into a surgical opening.

If he did drop it, surely he would have picked it back up before closing the surgical opening?

Sounds like this was done on purpose for a laugh, I see no other plausible way..

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Ok this
This is crazy man

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Yes
Could be intentional

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Surgeons crede: eat when you can, sleep when you can, and avoid the pancreas at ALL effing cost.

No surgeon would leave anything inside a surgical patient intentionally for a laugh.

I don't recall scrubs having a pocket on the shirt. They do on pants. Likely he took a call and sat his phone on the patient , the phone on speaker, it slipped off and no one noticed. those surgical lights are very hot. Surgeons can get sweaty.
Combined with the possible lower standard of care there....could happen?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
He was Probably uploading a tutorial..amazing what you can find on Youtube nowadays..How to do a C Section by Doctor Nick.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Maybe he thought it was like Raiders of the Lost Ark? Place the cell phone in to replace the baby he was taking out?

In all seriousness though, I very much doubt this is intentional. Do some digging and you'll be appalled at the frequency that things are left behind in patients, even is Western countries. Usually it's surgical instruments, but personal items, such as this aren't unheard of either.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

D I Y surgery!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

D I Y surgery!

How hard can it be...?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Maybe he thought it was like Raiders of the Lost Ark? Place the cell phone in to replace the baby he was taking out?

In all seriousness though, I very much doubt this is intentional. Do some digging and you'll be appalled at the frequency that things are left behind in patients, even is Western countries. Usually it's surgical instruments, but personal items, such as this aren't unheard of either.

I have heard of surgical instruments being left in patients, but a manky phone..? I would hate to take a swab of my phone, who knows what micro creatures lurketh.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Got potty mouth, do ya??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join