It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Ratio Sculptures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Blooms: Strobe-Animated Sculptures

How it was done...

more....

3D printing for math research.....

Hope these beautiful and mysterious objects have peaked your interest in math the universes language

Korg.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Some of the movements....it makes me day dream about how our movements as creatures on this planet follow similar rules. The one that looks like the lotus but has the tips that look like they wiggle back and forth.....

Thanks for sharing. Ill have to watch this again before bed tonight.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Thanks Korg. My fascination with math was first piqued by endless vegetable fields in the San Joaquin Valley in the 1950s. Driving along the road with my parents, I would watch the perfectly planted rows and columns flash by, row after row after row. The patterns cropping up, pun intended, depending on what degree of arc I was perceptually referencing. Rudiment-ally similar to these blooms. I'm kind of jealous though. This guy, not only having the sense, the ability to conceptualize these blooms, but also have the skill to design them and access to the three d printer. I'm jealous.

My wife showed me that first video a couple of nights ago and immediately I was a ten year old again riding in the back seat, staring out the window at the spring crops in central California.

I wonder at the hypnotic effect of this kind of thing. What future it might have in therapy, or for that matter mind control. I wonder at those old Greeks who held math as a religion and how any of them might perceive a manifestation of God in such modern wonders such as these blooms. I can see Pythagoras watching this bloom for a minute, then an hour and falling into it forever knowing he had reached Nirvana.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Beautiful! The creative force driving the universe, although a mystery, is grand and admired by its experiencers.

Creative, complex, and infinite.

And people don't think intelligence started this universe ... if spontaneous expansion can create the complexity and beauty of this universe, and has no intelligence behind it, what does that say about out little minds and so called intelligence ?

Thanks for posting

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

It doesn't have to be complex to be beautiful, as the golden ratio is. It's just like water running down the drain

Thanks Korg, gotta love the 1:10 spiral. Still my favorite
edit on 13-5-2015 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Elementalist

It doesn't have to be complex to be beautiful, as the golden ratio is. It's just like water running down the drain

Litrally!

new topics

top topics

join