It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Suspends Tom Brady Four Games Without Any Proof He Had Role In Deflating Footballs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Any football fan knows all about deflategate. A huge investigation costing millions of dollars to investigate the Patriots for an offense so egregious that when Aaron Rodgers admits he does it every single game no fan or the NFL cared. An offense multiple quarterbacks have said they did and really doesn't help much and is not a big deal.

That did not stop the NFL from going after the Patriots, and it did not stop them from suspending Brady despite the investigation finding ZERO evidence against him. Here are the damning text messages.

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done… Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though… Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn… The refs (expletive) us…a few of then were at almost 16
Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them
Jastremski: Ugh…Tom was right. Jastremski: I just measured some of the balls. They supposed to be 13 lbs… They were like 16. Felt like bricks

So what is the only PSI talked about as being the "target PSI" ... 13. That's right. Well within the limits of the league. Why was Brady so mad? The officials were OVERINFLATING the footballs the Patriots were using. The NFL itself was breaking NFL rules. NFL rules state the ball must be between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI .. yet the NFL officials were inflating the balls to 16PSI, in violation of their own rules.

So yes, Brady was unhappy with the balls. The only text that talks about what PSI the balls were supposed to be played with is 13PSI, which is not underinflated. Did Brady know the balls were being altered? Probably. Did he have anything to do with underinflating balls? The NFL's own investigation says the opposite, it says Brady was trying to get the balls back to within the range the balls were supposed to be played with.

The real question is why were the Patriots' footballs being overinflated by officials.

www.forbes.com...
nesn.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You can't convict on supposition. Appeal through arbiter will have this reversed and lawsuit will have patriots fine toss out too. Completely ridiculous waste of time and money to this point.

Why are my ticket prices so high? Because of BS like this.
edit on 12-5-2015 by bkfd54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm not much of a Patriots or Brady fan, but agree with you that this was a waste of time and money, and probably occurs all the time with other teams as well. Goodell's probably the worst commiss of all time, he gives into media pressure every time by trying to please everyone and ends up making a mockery of the sport.

Also, "deflate gate" has to be the most lame and least creative story name I've heard yet.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The rationale of this decision baffles me. Pete Rose bet's on his own team and is banned from baseball for life. Tom Brady cheats in a playoff game and gets banned for 4 games?

I think the penalty should be much stiffer.

link   
Either take the man's Championship ring or leave him and the team the heck alone. Either the footballs changed the outcome of the game or they didnt . Period. There is no middle ground that they seem to be taking. Well, they deflated the footballs but they would have won anyway so lets just punish him and the team..Ridiculous

link   
a reply to: cleverhans

Vikings were caught doing it in December 2014 and an email went out telling teams to stop. All the evidence against the Patriots is from May-October. Vikings were caught red handed, no penalty. Aaron Rodgers admits to it on national TV, no penalty.

Science proves there is no evidence any ball was underinflated against the Colts, all the evidence supports the NFL was OVERINFLATING the Patriots' footballs and they compensated by returning them back to normal and the Patriots get the largest fine in league history, lose draft picks, and Brady is suspended despite there being zero proof he asked for or had any knowledge of any wrongdoing.

All the texts prove is that Brady said the league was messing with their balls and he wanted them back to normal. Can we fine and suspend Goodell?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

You can't convict on supposition

Why not? People get convicted of murder on circumstantial evidence.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

The rationale of this decision baffles me. Pete Rose bet's on his own team and is banned from baseball for life. Tom Brady cheats in a playoff game and gets banned for 4 games?

I think the penalty should be much stiffer.

Except there is literally zero evidence Brady cheated in any game, ever, and the text messages not only do not show cheating, but they are from MONTHS before the playoffs.

Did you even bother to read the post, or do you simply not care about the facts?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There is actually zero evidence the Patriots EVER underinflated any football. The text messages actually show the league was OVERINFLATING the balls to 16PSI (13.5PSI is the max under NFL rules) and the text message says the balls were supposed to be 13PSI. As far as I know there is not a single text that talks about underinflating balls, only deflating them after finding the NFL was overinflating them.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: bkfd54

You can't convict on supposition

Why not? People get convicted of murder on circumstantial evidence.

Because what we have is one man who comes in and admits he murdered someone and no one cares, and then another person is suspected of murdering someone with no evidence whatsoever with nearly no circumstantial evidence at all and convicted.

You don't see a problem with that?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Could not care in the least about the post. I followed this since it happened. If you are under the illusion that a quarterback cannot tell whether the right amount of air pressure is in a ball that they touch thousands of times a year. By all means continue deluding yourself.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Could not care in the least about the post.

It shows since you are ignorant on the topic.

I followed this since it happened.

Then you know there is literally zero evidence.

If you are under the illusion that a quarterback cannot tell whether the right amount of air pressure is in a ball that they touch thousands of times a year. By all means continue deluding yourself.

The Colts player catching the ball touches thousands and he said it felt fine.

So you have nothing to offer at all to the conversation and made your mind up based on emotion not facts, got it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It shows because you are Prejudiced with your facts. Drew Brees could tell the difference, several quarterbacks have said they can tell the difference. D'Qwell Jackson Could tell the difference when he intercepted the ball.

Yet you claim Tom Brady couldn't tell the difference? Do you live in Foxboro Stadium by any chance?
edit on 12-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I agree with the OP and also to those saying Brady and the Patriots got off "light", I believe the NFL proposed fine for altering game balls is $25K. Instead, they hand out a $1 million dollar fine, lose a 1st & 4th round pick, and Brady is suspended 4 games because the investigation's conclusion is that Brady "probably" knew about it. That's light?

Brad Johnson admitted to paying ball boys to alter balls before the Super Bowl and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. The Buccaneers won that game by the way.

It's all overblown because everyone is butthurt at the Patriots. Why? Because they win.

I'm not a Pats fan. I'm a Bengals fan, may God have mercy on my soul.
edit on 12-5-2015 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

D'Qwell Jackson Could tell the difference when he intercepted the ball.

Thank you for proving you are clueless and have NOT been following this from the beginning, rather you have simply gobbled up the loud mouthed anti Patriots Commissioner.

What's more, Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, assumed by many to have put the events in motion which led to the current NFL investigation of the New England Patriots, has denied stating that a ball he intercepted from Tom Brady during Sunday's AFC Championship game felt underinflated.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... pressure-mounts-NFL-explain-Deflategate-scandal.html#ixzz3Zz18y98I

Hint, you are wrong. I posted facts, you don't care. You post lies. One of us is delusional, guess who?

de·lu·sion
dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by a rational argument

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Multiple teams are proven to have done this same exact thing, except worse since there is no evidence (I am aware of) that the Patriots actually altered balls to outside of regulation levels. If the Patriots are penalized then Packers, Vikings, Bucs, and every other team proven to have done this should be penalized in the same fashion.

The NFL officials were altering the Patriots footballs to levels outside of what is allowed, where is their penalty? Why does this only matter when the Patriots do it, when the evidence against the Patriots is actually WEAKER than against other teams?

Aaron Rodgers: "I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do,"

How many games do we suspend him?
edit on 12-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You are far too emotionally invested in this argument. I could tell from your instant insults.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You are far too emotionally invested in this argument. I could tell from your instant insults.

Would you please explain why All but one of the footballs was under inflated.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Quite the opposite actually. I have not made one single argument from emotion. That was you. I posted facts which you refuse to address and instead have decided guilt based on what you feel, rather than factual evidence. You even admitted you did not read the OP, I guess you don't have to when you have such strong feelings on the subject.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Would you please explain why All but one of the footballs was under inflated.

How can you not know this if you followed along? Temperature 100% accounts for all of the underinflation. Not to mention there is no record of pre-game inflation levels, no record of post game or half-time inflation levels, and two different gauges used on that day gave readings .3psi different from each other.

I guess you don't need to know all those facts when your feelings tell you what's going on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join