It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt - First Reviews are out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
As for crashing.... the steam forums have been filling up with freezes. 970's, 980's, and pretty powerful rigs all seem to have some types of problems it looks like. Some of the guys over there are saying it's related to setting the max fps at 30 or 60, or there's something buggy with the foliage visibility. Others are saying it's the day 1 Nvidia driver updates.

I would not doubt it, though I've heard the 900 series has problems in general. I'll have to play with some more settings once I get time to fiddle with it. I got pretty heavy into Dragon Age, so it keeps calling to me to finish it. All these humongous games to play... it is a glorious burden indeed.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think I've answered my own question and I'll probably end up going with Far Cry. While this game seems amazing I just don't think it fits what I look for in a game. I am more of a FPS and honestly I don't know that I would like this game. I did like Grand Theft Auto though and that is a game with lots of objectives which sounds like this game has.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Can't go wrong with Far Cry 4 if you're looking for pick up and play fun , it's a great game.
The Witcher 3 is a more involved game than Far Cry with more to learn but a richer more varied world , from what I've played so far it's a more friendly game to the newcomer than Witcher 2.

If you're undecided I'd recommend Far Cry 4 for now and perhaps pick this up later.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Anyone have their favorite/worst quests so far? (maybe spoilers below fyi?)

Haven't completed the game yet, but my favorite quest so far has been the Crookback Bog quest. Returning there with *that one guy* and what entailed was an awesome segement. Plenty of ......"huh"? parts in that quest.

As for my most hated quest....it goes to the finding Dandelion quest. I swear, running to one side of the city to the other multiple times, not really doing anything except wasting time, running across the wilderness, running to another city..... I gave up for the night after that. Worst quest in the game so far. I think I burned my eyes out with how boring it was.
edit on 30-5-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
We picked up Witcher 3 last week. I have not played it yet, but watched my wife play it for a little while.
The graphics on the new consoles are amazing!

Much better than Dragon Age-Inquisition (which was pretty good).

I love the story, although I have not submerged myself into it yet.
I will sooner or later though. Just no time at the moment.
Looking forward to playing it!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687
Oh ya! That quest when you go back with the bloody baron, the end is pretty anticlimactic as he hangs himself. Or at least in my play through. Don't know what would have happened if I chose the other options in the game along that quest line, but I am betting it would lead to different results. Its something to see next time around if I replay this game at some future date.

And the finding dandelion quest is kind of boring. But I literally leveled up 5 levels in the few hours of just going back and forth doing that quest. So if it was not for that plus some parts in the quest were it leads to some pretty big battles it would be pretty boring, I think the quest is still just getting started now I got to go and rescue dandelion out of some dungeon, so its not so bad. That and outside of quests just killing monsters and the small quests it takes forever to level up, the main quests however give you a lot more experience so there worth doing if your struggling in combat encounters in the game.

So far the game is pretty much everything I expected. And I am only really 10 or so hours into it, the game has yet to pick up in certain respects and already I got so much to do on my world map that I just may do only the storyline quests and try to do a complete run of the game on the hardest difficulty next time around. I am playing on the second hardest as I started on the hardest difficulty originally but it took to long to get through things, you literally have to prepare and have all your potions ready and all your gear for every single random fight encounter on that difficulty.

It basically more then halfed the time it took do anything in the game, and I dont have that kind of time anymore for videogames. But for the most part, the game is amazing.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This game is amazing. It's the best RPG I've ever played, a Skyrim killer for those in the know. The best difficulty to play this on is second hardest. Games like these are meant to be strategic. You're supposed to research the beast you're hunting, assess its weaknesses then create potions and craft armor and weapons to defeat it. Playing it on any less of a difficulty level takes away the challenge. Storyline on a speed play through takes approximately 20 - 25 hours, the whole game with side quests, witcher contracts etc is rumoured to have over 200 hours worth of play time so if you blitz through the story and that's it you're missing out on about 80% of the content.

10/10
edit on 2-6-2015 by TheMadTitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Two weeks in and this game is awesome , I feel I should buy it again to celebrate its greatness.
Even the music is epic !

I have no doubt I will still be playing it come November when Fallout 4 is released .... ( maybe
)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I finished the story, but I never liked the ending I got. made some crappy choices apparently, so I am thinking I should do another run through, but I am having too much fun with the side quests right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have no doubt I will still be playing it come November when Fallout 4 is released

Nearly.
Just finished the game .... Wow , epic.
Things didn't go so well , think I made some bad choices along the way.

Now to get Hearts of stone finished before Fallout 4.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I still have not played it.

My wife is still playing it though.
I think this is her 3rd time through.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The Witcher 3 has scooped 5 awards at the 33rd Golden Joystick awards , the game won the Utimate game of the year award along with Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design and Best Gaming moment for the Bloody Baron Quest ... and well deserved too.

The majority of awards were voted on by the public, with organisers claiming that over 9 million votes were cast in total. The winners have just been announced at a ceremony at the indigO2 at London’s O2 Arena, hosted by Danny Wallace.
metro.co.uk...

CD Projekt RED have shown themselves to be masters of the art , they also know how to treat their customers , many games companies would do well to watch and learn.

Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The Witcher 3 has scooped 5 awards at the 33rd Golden Joystick awards

And now it's winning a bucket full of Game of the Year awards too , deservedly so.
Here's the latest.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I seen a few game of the year events and it usually came down to Witcher 3 or Bloodborne or Fallout 4 or Metal Gear 5 and a few others.

I can see any of them getting best game of the year or any other award. But for me it was Bloodborne, simply because it was the only game I bothered to finish, mostly because it was more accessible and did not have to put to many hours in finishing it like I would have to in the Witcher or any other game, and it was more fun due to its more dynamic combat gameplay.

I definitely need to finish the Witcher 3 however. When I got time and feel more like doing it, will get to it. Should be a good thing to if I play it latter because by then all the DLC's will come out and I can have a one go at it with all the content it has to offer, I still got like 70% in the game months ago when it came out, and have not touched it since then.

Thinking its about time to finish were I left off in that game.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My wife gave me this for Christmas to compliment the Rare Replay game my kids bought me (I can play Viva Pinata and the Banjo games on my Xbox One with them up). I loaded it last night, played it tonight. WOW! Might be a few weeks before I fire up Fallout 4 again. This game is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of Two World, only with zero hint of suck.

<< 1   >>

join