It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos, The Word, And Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
In the beginning, the earth was formless and void. The implication is chaos, a lack or order and structure. Structure is then super-imposed over the formless chaos of the void. And how is this structure imposed? The Word. So manifested reality then is some sort of syntactic expression. It is held together with words and semantic meaning. Now while this makes language the greatest creative force, it also makes it double as the greatest prison. See, as reality is structured through syntax, that very syntax defines all limitation. Linguistic-semantic structure creates categories of meaning to seek out, and filters everything into those categories. All potential boundaries are thereby defined.

The chaos and darkness of pre-creation has generally been seen in a negative light, as opposed to the order and light of creation. But I would say that chaos is the
pre-condition for creation. Your mind must enter the formless void if you would structure your own reality and your perception and interaction with it. Only out of that formless void can new structure be imposed, can creation go forth anew.

edit on 12-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

~Led Zeppplin /Oceans 12

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

new topics

join