It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey--do you ever just flip open to a totally random Bible page sometimes just to see what it says?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I love words and their meanings but i hate the dictionary. it's useless when things like context clues exist imo

lol i get ish from my mom all the time about me disliking the dictionary. i just hate the thin pages and the time it takes to find the stupid word that--more often than not ISNT EVEN IN THERE. Yeah. Screw the dictionary. Because when I look up a word that I don't know, it's always an obscure word. And most dictionaries aren't good enough so why bother at all? (because i like big words--very much so--and i use them all of the time. Notsomuch on here since I'm trying to be normal and not all Emily Dickinson since you know since that's not too good conversationally-speaking ofc haha) ive read more than most people read in their whole lives i'd say i've read well over 100,000 books and I'm 23. I learned to read when I was 3. I am an only child so yeah, i was really bored so you can prob imagine how many books i must have read. so yeah, i love big words because i really like the way that older books were written--things like Jane Eyre, Dracula, Pride and Prejudice, Don Quixote etc--that kind of writing really enchants me. I just love the properness haha ^_^ v).

But i think it's cool that you like it--I wish I could!! Though I know all the words already anyway. But even so, I still look up words I already know because since I know so many the issue becomes having a hard time finding the right word, using a similar word that isn't the right word, etc.

I DO however like the thesaurus. It helps me a lot in my writing.
edit on 15-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

LOVED IT. epic
is that the Bhagavad-Gita?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thought Provoker

Thought Provoker--you are truly thought-provoking. like, i kinda love that name it's perfect for you

thank you for the link!! I'm going to go check it out now--thank you a lot for the PS because i totally would have gone hog wild and clicked over and over. not kidding unfortunately but I'll refrain from doing so. Peace

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Nope, Bhagavad Gita is found in the Bhishma Parva. Four parvas (or books) before the Sauptika Parva, from which my random book quote came from.

Mahabharata
Bhisma Parva
Sauptika Parva

Glad you enjoyed it! I was thinking about doing another.

edit on 5-16-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join