It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't ask for prayers or anything but I could use some positive vibes, prayers and blessings!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
While going through my divorce I am trying to get back into school once again. I had a situation with an online for-profit school back in 2010 that really screwed up my ability to get an education. I am just now able to discuss it without completely breaking down and work towards my goal of getting into school.

I'm applying at Embry Riddle aeronautical University with their online division. I will start with an AS in Aeronautics, then go for or a bachelors in aeronautical technical management with a minor in engineering. The online campus is easier to get into it and is also a fraction of the cost of campus tuition and Embry Riddle is a local college where I live. I have always wanted to go there but I could never afford the cost to attend as a campus student and then I found out they had an online option. I'm working with admissions right now to get my paperwork and transcripts and everything I need to apply and then once my divorce is final I can apply for grants and if need be loans which I would really like to stay away from. My dream has always been to work in the space program and anyone who knows me on here knows how obsessed I am especially when it comes to Mars.

I'm 36 and I feel like I'm older than most of the guys and girls that will be in these classes but I also know that I have the willpower and strength, drive and intelligence to get it accomplished. This is all I've ever wanted in life was to finally get a degree. I've gone to school multiple times and due to finances or the fiasco that happened with my last school I could no longer attend and it has been the one thing in my life that causes stress and make me regret a lot of things. I'm really hoping that I can get in. Is would be a great accomplishment for me not only being able to have a college degree but being able to follow a dream that I've had since I was a child. My astronaut dreams are shot out of the water, I'm a little too old for that but I can still help design crafts and objects that go into space or help people who will go on the Mars missions in the future.

So all I'm asking is send me all the positive vibes you can because this is the one thing I truly want right now.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Consider it done.

I truly wish you all the best as you move forward in life.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So you're only 36? I've got you by 20 years... I always thought you were older than that. I guess it's the wisdom. I graduated from college at 48 years old, so my advice is don't give up. If you can do it without the loans go for it. I couldn't, at first I was getting by on the grant money, but then my girlfriend, now my wife, gave me the ultimatum "marry me or I'm out" and I caved. From then on, her income was factored in and I still have something like 45 grand left on my school loans after paying on them for 8 years! Well, at least I'm making bank now right?

I just wanted to add, take whatever you can online, I went to campus, but commuted there every day and that sucked. I lost a lot of study time in that 2 hours a day commute.

edit on 5/10/2015 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Good luck, miss. This is wonderful!

I really wish I could return to my education. The school I was at last is saying I didn't withdraw correctly when my mother was dying, and is trying to come after me for a 1500.00 GRANT i was given, as if it were a loan. I never signed a loan contract, ever.

Of course, I'm poor, and staying alive comes first, I guess.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Go for it! I was 38 when I finished my degree. After some false starts, I felt doomed at a postal job when I wanted more. I remember reading an Ann Landers column that changed my perspective. A gal wrote to her saying that she always wanted to go to college but four years was a long time to take to finished a degree and she would be four years older.

Ann's short replay struck a nerve in me. She wrote: "So how old will you be in four years if you don't go to college?"

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I remember that same column years ago. I think that was always in my mind as I was approaching 50 and earning my degree.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Im not against schools or anything but anything you can learn in school can be learned without school. Just trying to save you some money. a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Praying all goes smoothly & easy!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Good luck. Sending out positive, inspirational vibes to you to help you achieve your goal.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

My wish for you is strength. In all you do, in your beliefs, in your convictions, in your moral compass, and strength to pursue and achieve your dreams.

"A willow doesn't bend with ease; the bigger the wind, the stronger the trees." ~~ author unknown

Blessings.
edit on 1431315038Sunday31Sun, 10 May 2015 22:30:38 -0500pmSunday30101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Hey now my friend...you go for it. Nothing is impossible. There are many roads to one destination...and many destinations along a single road as well.

Stay focused, move on, let nothing...or NO-ONE...distract you from what you want.

Good vibes and blessings your way!

MS

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Heh,We are the same age..You'll be alright.Btw best wishes to You

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, it beats sitting around and being depressed. I hope you do good at it and get a job. Make sure you keep time after your working to spend with your kid. I'm hoping you can get a job you like.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Good for you. I will happily wish you well and hope you achieve everything you want to. There is only one person who can help you and that is you. Never think you are weaker or lesser than you are and know you have it in you to succeed. All the best.

Sometimes I think its best when people are a little older because they know their own minds better, especially when it comes to studying.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

May whatever you deserve come to you.

Hopefully the good stuff.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Praying that all goes well for you. I know you are a strong woman and will see your way through somehow. HUGS!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sending positive vibes.
You KNOW I am in your corner and wishing you the most positive outcome possible.
Stay strong and keep your chin up.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sending you lots of blessings and love your way! And you can do it! You have the power within you, just trust and have faith! Love and ligh.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Make sure that you learn something that will make you a good living for the years to come.

The rest you can easily educate yourself about these days online or by pitching a tent at the nearest library.

Best wishes with your new start. ~$heopleNation

edit on 12-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My prayers are with you and sending you a lot of positive vibes. Just believe in yourself and never lose heart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join