It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the NASA conspiracy hordes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Rosetta mission to comet 67b was an initial success.
It's lander successfully made ground and sent back vital information....well, until it stopped sending back vital information...
Basically, the lander was unable to re-power itself in the unforeseen darkness of space...seriously, they said that.
If NASA sent a probe to a comet which subsequently went 'dark', there would be a veritable cornucopia of posts about conspiracies and free masons and the like...
But space travel is VERY difficult and beset by failures and hiccups. I wish NASA was given the same public opinion latitude as the European Space Agency...
Then again, NASA did change its primary mission to "making Muslims feel good about their contributions to science and space exploration." So maybe they are not the best option anymore...

Here is a link to the article explaining how the ESA is hoping for a miracle(though the article is as positively biased as one can imagine in a non-state controlled media market)
www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Waiting too, interesting story, dead probe, waiting for the sun…

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
It's lander successfully made ground and sent back vital information....well, until it stopped sending back vital information...
Basically, the lander was unable to re-power itself in the unforeseen darkness of space...seriously, they said that.
If NASA sent a probe to a comet which subsequently went 'dark', there would be a veritable cornucopia of posts about conspiracies and free masons and the like...
But space travel is VERY difficult and beset by failures and hiccups. I wish NASA was given the same public opinion latitude as the European Space Agency...
Then again, NASA did change its primary mission to "making Muslims feel good about their contributions to science and space exploration." So maybe they are not the best option anymore...

Here is a link to the article explaining how the ESA is hoping for a miracle(though the article is as positively biased as one can imagine in a non-state controlled media market)
www.theguardian.com...

It is because there is no conspiracy.

The dambed thing skidded and bounced and landed in the shadow of a hill.

They were expecting it to land in the open so the sun could power it.

They expect it to come back online when it approaches the sun on its orbit.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It was in 67 that rubber hoses were not eliminated as flammable material. "B" means "ball".

The comet is made out of rubber and they knew it all along. The rubber hose industrial complex has been planning confirmation of the vast horde for centuries.

September 28, [1967]

In spite of efforts to eliminate all flammable materials from the interior of the spacecraft cabin during flight, it was apparent that this could not be completely accomplished. For example, silicone rubber hoses, flight logs, food, tissues, and other materials would be exposed with in the cabin during portions of the mission. However, flammable materials would be outside their containers only when actually needed. Special fire extinguishers would be carried during flight.

Memos, George M. Low, MSC, to Donald K. Slayton, MSC, "Procedures for use of flammable material in spacecraft," Sept. 28, 1967; Low to Slayton, "Training in use of fire extinguishers," Sept. 28, 1967.

Glad I could help.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I agree there is no conspiracy. This is simply a hiccup because space travel is IMPOSSIBLY difficult.
My point is that if this were a NASA probe the ATS community would be out en masse with pitchforks at the ready.
Since it is not NASA, people simply chalk it up to the complexity of traversing the expanses of space....

I simply wish NASA was afforded the same latitude....that is all and the point of this op.

-Christosterone
edit on 10-5-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Where are the NASA conspiracy hordes?

Give it some time...they will show sooner or later.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I agree there is no conspiracy. This is simply a hiccup because space travel is IMPOSSIBLY difficult.
My point is that if this were a NASA probe the ATS community would be out en masse with pitchforks at the ready.
Since it is not NASA, people simply chalk it up to the complexity of traversing the expanses of space....

I simply wish NASA was afforded the same latitude....that is all and the point of this op.

-Christosterone

I disagree here.

We all saw it happen, this is just a stuff happens sometimes event.

When nasa gets crap it is never this cut and dry.

If this were NASA, we would be hearing crickets.

It really is just as it seems for once it seems.

I trust no gov on this world.

And even I can't see an issue here.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If you drop a toaster and it bounces under the table where there is no power outlet, do you expect it will make toast down there? It's lucky it even worked at all.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Presidential candidate and Chairman of the Science Advisory committee Ted Cruz wants NASA to focus on space, and not be looking at the Earth for things like climate change.

In his quest to ensure that no more science is released that would bolster the position of climate change, he may force NASA to look more closely into deep space, and might not like what they find.

After all, The Bible preaches that we are alone in The Universe.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This is especially puzzling because the magnetometer data decisively rules out the "Electric Universe Theory!"

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

This is especially puzzling because the magnetometer data decisively rules out the "Electric Universe Theory!"

I was just going to mention them, as the EU supporters seem to be the only anti-mainstream people talking about this comet and this mission. To them, every nook and cranny, every crater, every jet of material, is due to an electric discharge event.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I unfairly group the "electric universe" acolytes with the "expanding earth" proponents....both have very salient points but suffer from massive amounts of quantifiable data in direct conflict with each hypothesis.

Heck, I would give the primer fields guy as much credence as these if for no other reason than his very entertaining videos.
While his theories are riddled with holes they remain a VERY interesting watch....it's off topic but here is part 1 if you have a few minutes:
youtu.be...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Well, sure. That's what TPTB at the ESA want us to think.

The truth is different...very different.

edit on 5/11/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

When nasa gets crap it is never this cut and dry.

Sure it is. All the time, in fact. For example:

If this were NASA, we would be hearing crickets.

Another false statement, for example:
hubblesite.org...

It really is just as it seems for once it seems.

I trust no gov on this world.

And even I can't see an issue here.

You don't see an issue because it isn't NASA in this case. That's what the OP was on about, and I think it's quite an astute observation. No one blinks when an ESA, JAXA, or Roscomos probe suffers a problem, or if they do they blame the US for secretly interfering.
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Where does it say that in the Bible?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
For one thing Philae's primary mission phase completed, any charging wherever had it not landed in a shadow or not would have been a 'bonus'.
With the failure of the thruster and harpoons after its 10 years in space they were lucky that it stayed on the comet at all.

Secondly, Philae is just a relatively small part of the mission - it just happens to be the part that captivates the public the most. Rosette itself has been and will continue to record data and take images as intended. If Philae hadn't worked it wouldn't have been that big a deal science wise in the grand scheme of things.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Do yourself a favor and turn off F(au)x News and Infotainment, and all mainstream media for that matter.

You run the risk of ruining a very astute observation and great point with US political overhyped madness.
edit on 11-5-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
After all, The Bible preaches that we are alone in The Universe.

Could you provide the Bible passage that preaches this?

Considering the Vatican supports the general idea of intelligent aliens, and says that the existence of ETs does not go against its dogma, I would think that the Bible does not preach that we are alone in the universe.

edit on 5/11/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I fail to understand what Freemasons have to do with NASA, probes, and comets?

From what I can tell by looking into my local lodge, it seems like a bunch of old guys trying to get away from their nagging wives for a while and eat good food and drink beer.
edit on 11-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I fail to understand what Freemasons have to do with NASA, probes, and comets?

From what I can tell by looking into my local lodge, it seems like a bunch of old guys trying to get away from their nagging wives for a while and eat good food and drink beer.

Our mason lodge are the guys that hand out candy to the kids during the annual memorial day parade (those apron pockets really come in handy for that). They also have a pretty good chicken barbeque every year; however, the local Methodist church has a better one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join