It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Slides Solve the mystery in 1.5 minutes (Your independent verification welcomed)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I just wish I owned a piece of Smart Deblur. They couldn't have bought or manipulated publicity like this, could they?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

as I wrote, you do not need a "kernel" to get the results.

SmartDeblur is quite a powerful and intelligent software.

Just you need to use the proper settings (see my previous post)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Excellent post mirageman, I could not agree more with your assertion:

the work is drying up for those who make a living in this field now. There are very few good cases from the decade and half of this century.

One of the key motivators in my initial investment of time, money, and the last 12 years of my life into ATS was the chance of exposing and shutting down what I call the UFO B.S. brigade that sucked in thousands (OK, maybe only hundreds) of innocent people who needed to believe (for whatever reason) and separated them from their money with fantastic stories that were just FAKE.

"Evidence" that was ridiculous. Charlatans speaking from a position of authority that was totally undeserved, unearned, and, in many cases, based upon patently FALSE credentials. I can't tell you how many of these "stories" I heard early on that grew as time marched forward and nothing new came to light.

Nobody wants to pay for a ticket to hear a rehash of the same old UFO story, the presenter must have something "new" or they just won't be asked to present...

A couple of the names involved in this debacle of stupidity/negligence/fraud/hoaxing/utter ignorance (you pick) are surprising to me but understandable based on your astute observation about the "business of Ufology" (the speakers' circuit, DVDs, Books, etc...) drying up...

Once again, I'd like to THANK the RSRG for their efforts.

edit on 5-12-2015 by Springer because: Corrected the initials for the "Roswell Slide Research Group"

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Wow, the rank desperation is strong in Tom. Never before have I ever seen someone's cranium so far wedged up their rectum before. Honestly, as this thread demonstrates, anyone and everyone can duplicate the results. There's no trickery involved.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
New public statement by one of the main promoters of the Roswell Slides, Tom Carey (Roswell book author):

Posted by Philip Mantle on Facebook at
www.facebook.com...

My emphasis added.

For posting, here is our current position at this moment in time regarding the slides and the placard. Thank you for your patience. I will advise you accordingly of any new developments, as they occur. Best

Tom Carey

We believe that the recently released "reading" of the placard by the so-called "Roswell Slides Research Group" was faked. Some of the names in this group, in itself, should give pause and raise red warning flags do damage to anyone actually searching for truth. Ever since Don Schmitt and I became aware of the slides three years ago, our modus operandi has been four-fold: (1) to authenticate the age and integrity of the slides; (2) to obtain professional anthropological and forensic opinion as to what the body on the slides represented; (3) to find out as much as we could about Bernerd and Hilda Blair Ray, the long-deceased owners of the slides; and (4) to "read" the placard located at the foot of the body on the slides.

We physically took the slides to Kodak's historian, who is an expert regarding Kodachrome., and, using several parameters of interrogation, he determined that the slides dated from the 1947-49 time period (manufacture to exposure). For the most part, the American anthropologists we contacted did not want to even look at the slides when they learned that they might be "UFO-related." Those who did, however, did so "off the record." They all concluded that the body on the slides was not that of a mummy but possibly that of a congenitally deformed child. Fortunately, we were able to secure Canadian and Mexican anthropologists and forensic anatomical experts who went "on the record" at our May 5th "beWitness" event in Mexico City. In short, their detailed presentations concluded that the body on the slides was: not a mammal, not a primate and not human. One, Richard Doble, after a detailed morphological examination, concluded that the creature on the slides did not evolve on earth. You already have Doble's report, and the report of the two Mexican authorities is still in translation.

The Rays had no children or close relatives we could interview who could shed some light on their activities. Bernerd was an oil geologist whose whose zone of activity was the Permian Basin of west Texas and eastern New Mexico. He was also the President of a geological society in west Texas. Hilda was an oil attorney in Midland, Texas and an amateur pilot who, according a friend in the nursing home where Hilda passed away in 1988, was also friends with Mamie Eisenhower (General and later President Dwight D. Eisenhower's wife). There are a number of color slides in the collection that do appear to show Mamie Eisenhower in various situations. Prior to her death, Hilda Ray bequeathed almost $1M to the American Association of University Women.

Regarding the placard, we quickly determined that (1) its content would be key to interpreting the slides; and (2) we could not read it. So, we sent copies to Dr. David Rudiak and Dr. Donald Burleson. Both had done exemplary work in trying to decipher the so-called "Ramey Memo" - a situation very similar to placard issue here. Both responded to us that the placard was "unreadable." Through a contact, we had the Photo Interpretation Unit at the Pentagon in Washington, DC take a look at it. They said that it was "unreadable." A copy went to a company in New York now requesting anonymity that conducted the analysis on a major historical artifact. That company's response to us was that the placard was "unreadable." Another copy went to the people at Adobe, Inc. (manufacturers of Adobe Photoshop and the Adobe Reader on your computer). Their response? "It's unreadable." A copy also was also sent to aggressive Roswell researcher Anthony Bragalia who also reported to me that it was "unreadable." (Bragalia has now aggressively joined in with our critics). Our own computer guy says that he applied the "SmartDeblur" software to the placard over a year ago without any success. He did so again this week to an enhanced, sharper version of the placard with the latest edition of the "SmartDeBlur" program, again without success.

Now, we are told (not asked) to believe that a cast of characters, one of whom has clearly become unhinged and was himself party to a known UFO body hoax some years ago, has used the same program (SmartDeBlur) on a distorted,"screen-grab" of the placard and is somehow able to "read" it when all of the above, some of whom had much more sophisticated equipment and techniques at their disposal, could not. I ask you, what's wrong with this picture?

Finally, lost in all of the vile invective being hurled our way by the members of the RSRG and their fellow travelers, is what the analysis of the physical body on the slides is saying. The RSRG has used a note from an obscure late 1800's journal to weave their tale that the slides show the "mummified body of a two year old boy" (the word "mummy" or "mummified" appears nowhere in their alleged de-blurred "reading" of the placard). In their excitement to play "Gotcha!," it apparently has not crossed their thought processes (I'm being charitable here) that a mummy of a two year old boy several thousand years old would be less than half the size of the body shown on the slides!

So, what are we to make of all this? Jaime Maussan relied upon Tom Carey and Don Schmitt, who relied on all of the above to reach the conclusions that were reached. We have, at this point in the proceedings, have sent out additional copies of the placard image to third parties whose opinions we can trust to run the SmartDeBlur application on it and are prepared to abide by their findings, wherever the chips fall.

Tom Carey.

I think most people interested in the Roswell Slides know by now that various videos online and/or the instructions in my item below allow anyone to independently confirm the deblurring of the placard USING AN IMAGE OF THE PLACARD ON THE WEBSITE OF THE PROMOTERS OF THE SLIDES in under 1.5 minutes.

I've also posted above a new comment by David Rudiak (one of the experts previously relied upon by the promoters of the slidess) that he has independently verified the deblurring and commenting that suggestions of a fake placard are a weak excuse which is "clearly wrong".

Perhaps someone should send Tom Carey the new comments of his own expert...

Or perhaps Tom Carey should be asked if he followed the step-by-step instructions I posted here on ATS a few days ago to enable anyone to independently verify the results in under 2 minutes USING AN IMAGE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE PROMOTERS OF THE SLIDES.

Or perhaps he should have a glance through this thread so that he can see the information from various people that have used various ways to get to the same results.

Or perhaps ... - Oh, forget it.

I am curious did the Roswell Slide Team ever reach out to provide assistance to the slide researchers? Are you letting them know where the Mesa Verde museum is where you think the remains are? The museum you're in contact with.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
I just wish I owned a piece of Smart Deblur. They couldn't have bought or manipulated publicity like this, could they?

Apparently, it's better software than the Pentagon has.
edit on 12-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's unbelievable that Tom Carey
(and others of his group, as Maussan and Adam Dew)
still persist in defending their scam.

I don't know if already posted, but now even Coast To Coast AM
has an article with the title
'Roswell Slide' Revealed to be Mummified Boy
mentioning the work carried out with SmartDeblur

'Roswell Slide' Revealed to be Mummified Boy

The text in the placard in the Roswell alien slide has been deciphered thanks to the work of the 'Roswell Slides' Research Group, who used the imaging editing software SmartDeblur.
Their interpretation of the text:

MUMMIFIED BODY OF TWO YEAR OLD BOY
At the time of burial the body was clothed in a xxx-xxx cotton shirt.
Burial wrappings consisted of these small cotton blankets.
Loaned by the MR. Xxxxxx, San Francisco, California

link: www.coasttocoastam.com... -be-mummified-boy/

To note that Coast To Coast AM had on their show of May 5th
both Don Schmitt and Richard Dolan...

a reply to: Kojiro

edit on 12-5-2015 by HeywoodFloyd because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2015 by HeywoodFloyd because: add info

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Apparently, it's better software than the Pentagon has.

It sure is, it has been developed by a Russian team...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Smart Deblur is a russian software company alright, but not by a team. The developer is Vladimir Yuzhikov. It's the best deconvolution deblur software I've ever had the pleasure to use. I intend to purchase it.

Our good member "Literary Journey" provided a link to the plaques in the museum that it is believed holds or held the child mummy. You can easily see how the placards are identical in type and border treatments.

I hope we get a chance to find the mummy there and see new pictures. It'd be cool if this small museum would get some interest and attention.
edit on 12-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: edited for content

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
With Coast to Coast AM carrying the story of the revealed placard text and the Slidebox Media website removing their claims of fakery on the deblurred image, I imagine it will be a short trip for the others to realize this information is solid information and not the usual critical sniping.

My hope going forward is that all researchers public and private will come together and support each other and not take offense at criticism or relish in people's missteps. To quote a motto from our member Paul Kimbell; "Don't Believe. Don't Disbelieve. Think." To that I'd add "Don't Fight".

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher Thanks Pixel. Isaac has contacted the Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum. He'll get back to us when they get back to him. However, I too am waiting anxiously to see this to it's inevitable conclusion. Isaac has an incredible personal collection/library/archives of ufological material. There is nobody better than The Good Barrister at this point to bring this baby home, literally & figuratively.

I've corresponded with Kevin Randle pertaining to this whole alleged back story also. He has been asking, privately & publicly for Dew to verify the provenance of the slides themselves. There are a few cracks beginning to appear in that once concrete tale. Stay tuned for ongoing developments.

Paul Kimball & his blog The Other Side Of Truth has been a great resource in this journey. Of course the main site is Blue Blurry Lines, where The RSRG posted their results.

A watershed moment for ufology. This hoax could set ufology back 50 years.

Or, this can be the penultimate wake-up call for all enthusiasts to stop supporting the conmen, and start supporting the few good ufological researchers who remain. Who those few are is a topic for another thread.

What I WILL say, though, is this - those who stood on that stage in Mexico City, ALL of them - should be shunned like the pariah they are.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LiteraryJourney

It certainly is a much-needed wake up call. UFOlogy is allegedly supposed to be a science. Well, for once it actually needs to start acting like a science and not... well... this. Science requires critical thought and scrutiny. Looking at photos of obvious mummies in obvious museums and declaring them alien corpses recovered from the Roswell crash is neither critical thought nor scrutiny. It's delusion.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately there is little to study in this elusive field of research, so there is an incentive to fill in the gaps with conjecture to feed the public appetite. I don't see that something like the moneymaking Ancient Aliens, Coast to Coast, etc. are doing anything different than the conjecture that was presented at BeWitness. There are plenty of avenues, including this website, that make their money and support conjecture and speculation every bit as much as what went on at BeWitness. Tom Carey was even hosted here for an AMA. I applaud the great research on the slides by the Roswell SlIde Team. And if they or someone as talented with the DeBlur software had worked with Dew, Carey and Schmitt we wouldn't be talking about this.

UFO researchers named above have every word they write, every video they do, every web article recorded for eternity. All this open to the public for approval or ridicule. How many people here could stand up to that level of public scrutiny in every little detail they do in their job? Almost no one.

I applaud the outcry for facts (anyone know who has a saucer or alien to study?), and I don't agree with some of the responses by the Slidebox Media researchers to the solid data presented (maybe they naturally tuned out the daily criticisms and this in-progress effort suffered), but things aren't as black and white as is being portrayed here.
edit on 12-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Do you have the rest of that Chewed Bread recipe? Sounds delicious.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Do you have the rest of that Chewed Bread recipe? Sounds delicious.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Perfect. You just helped me skip my midnight food binge.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Analysis of the slide at the Be-Witless event.

A few lines from the expert Dr Jose Zalce -

"It seems to have suffered a high speed crash..."

"We think the creature was decapitated in the accident..."

"It all shows it suffered an accident at great speed..."

- which are clearly made to lead the audience.

"Could it be a mummy?" asks Maussan.
"No, absolutely no." replies Zalce.

"Finally, is this human?" Maussan
"No, in my opinion. It presents no feature a human does." - audience applause

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You are grasping at straws and trying to lump the rest of us who don't hoax, act like delusional idiots, or try pass B.S. off as butter, in with these morons and I take offense to it.

You can try to sugar coat what these folks did in any way you want, but, don't throw the good name of ATS, or any other facilitator of discussion for this crazy "field" in with this these charlatans/morons/delusional saps, or whatever category suits them.

What I don't get is why you would even try to assuage the public flogging of the stupidity of what Carey, Maussan, Schmitt, et-al, tried to pull in any way. They obviously need to take some lumps (and hopefully learn what critical thinking and genuine research are) or get off the stage altogether.

In any case, they and they alone are responsible for the total destruction of what little credibility they had and nobody else was involved.
edit on 5-13-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Conjecture is for philosophers and brings no facts to the field. UFOlogy claims to be a science, and in science, we need facts. There's no excuse for the kind of nonsense that went on in Mexico City. None. Behavior like that displayed by Dew, Carey, Maussan, and the rest is unacceptable and should not be tolerated in a field that considers itself a serious science. These people committed fraud and should be treated accordingly. As long as they are tolerated, UFOlogy will forever remain a laughable farce of a pseudo-science.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Maybe I am not clear. I mentioned I have my criticism's of the Slidemedia group and said so in the last post. I disagree with their response and they will ruin themselves if they continue to ignore solid evidence. I'm not sure what I was unclear about.

We seem to have some hard UFO-related evidence in hand, as I privately emailed you about, but that seems to get squirreled away to private sources with ties to the government. Hence the elusive evidence.

I'm just as fierce a proponent to my fiends about ATS when they attack me for posting here. But let me know what UFO researchers to honor. None I know of have hard evidence to end the debate. Most fill in the blanks with conjecture because the UFO evidence is so few and far between. I'll admit the mummy slide thing was a huge misstep for the Slidebox group and detailed why I thought that. They are taking their lumps, but why pile on to their misery. Are we that brutal a species? Should we revel in someone's mistakes or offer to help?

I'm not attacking ATS, nor you. I was willing to give the Slidebox Media team the benefit of the doubt until it could be proven otherwise. And with help it was. Things worked, yay!

I guess I'm not a jaded as some. I realize people come here to read stories about aliens, also in books and video because we have the need to feel we are not alone.

I look at it like this way, until we have UFO's raining down from the sky to review in hand we're left with the little evidence to sift through. Some people, not embracinging hard science, like the fantastical fictional approach like Jaime Maussen to fill their alien interests. And the science based people lean to Stanton Friedman (one of my my favs) for UFO research. But if we demand everyone not make any mistakes or even offer what ifs, we won't ever figure this out.

My posts from here will stick to the image analysis, as required.
edit on 13-5-2015 by thepixelpusher because: text

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join