It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Victory Parade Live in 1 hour

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You obviously didn't watch the parade.

They had world war tanks going, any one of them could have broken down, of course they would have the tow vehicle available.

And the tank that stopped during rehearsal did so apart from parade.

How convenient that it "broke down" in the right spot.
edit on 9-5-2015 by TorinoFer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

This goes to show you RT is clueless

Is this why you were promoting RT in your OP?

Why was the front tank spinning its tracks while trying to tow the T-14?

"We're practicing a towing procedure by leaving the T-14 in gear and making ourselves look like twits"

Sounds more like the announcer scrambling to make an excuse for the hiccup. And you bought it obviously.

No one would care that it broke down, but you lied and tried to make it into something.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Regardless without Russia there would have been no victory in WW2

Let them have there day,

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

In the right spot you say? Like, in the middle of the marchers that come across?

I thought a rehearsal was so everyone got their timing and spots synced, how does practicing a breakdown and getting in the way help that?

Why do they have to practice a tow anyway? Pretty easy if you ask me, much more difficult to sync tanks, aircraft and personnel.

Here's the vid of he rehearsal since you want to refernce it but not share it..

edit on 9/5/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

LOL

The tank couldn't be towed because the tank had breaks on because the tank wasn't broken

Because the tank drove away in few minutes

I am not gonna bother with you anymore.

So the tank ground to halt during rehearsal and they fixed it in few minutes.

Boris and Ivan fixed it while smoking cheap Russian cigars.

Is that what you are saying ?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Who knows what was wrong with it, whatever it was, wasn't part of the plan, that's my point.

You're trying to say it is, and you're wrong.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing out that you were in on Russian parade rehearsal.

Thanks, you are my insider on Russian military.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Watched the whole thing, sure doesn't look like US sanctions are working,

Exactly what sanctions would be at work that stops Russia from having a parade?

Last time I checked that wasn't part of the sanctions...but feel free to explain?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What's funniest to me... In my personal opinion I think China is playing a completely different game from the EU, and America, and folks think that means they will be Russias best bud... I disagree I also think they are playing a different game from Russia.

I think China is playing to put China on top and not share with anyone.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing out that you were in on Russian parade rehearsal.

So were you, because you seem to know alot about it?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
just my humble opinion - but the " recovery rehersal " excuse =

the most retarded appologietics i have read since the last ATS thread i visited

ARVE [ armoured recovery vehicle , engineering ] crews do not need to " rehearse " how to attach strops to a tank in the middle of a flat paved area - it is after all one of thier key jobs

the only " rehearsal " they would ever need is :

" how to get the ARVE to the front of the vehicle - with minimum addditional disruption to the parade or spectators "

further - i consider it unliley that russian military leaders or the company that built this new tank would be happy that thier shiney new toy was used in a " recovery reherasal "

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The tank couldn't be towed because the tank had breaks on because the tank wasn't broken

Because the tank drove away in few minutes

How does something that GROUND TO HALT LIKE SOME OLD TRACTOR

Then continue on.

You keep ignoring that tidbid

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

So the soldier driving the tank had the brakes on and they thought it needed to be towed...first thing on their checklist should be to release the brake before trying to move.

Driving 101.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Oh yes, definitely - I get it was a different world, but for years the Russian (and Soviet people) were lied to about exactly what happened during the War, just look at the graves around St Petersburg - the thousands who still,lie there unburied were never claimed by the USSR as it was to remain hidden from the people just how much blood had been split.

Actually, Russia was preparing for War with Germany, they just didn't prepare well enough or fast enough. If you think otherwise, then you are clueless.

originally posted by: TorinoFer

originally posted by: stumason
And they have since claimed it was "operator error", so your version of events is just a load of nonsense.

This goes to show you RT is clueless when it comes to some things because they are majority English speaking foreigners like Owen and Andrew Farmer.

RT is owned entirely by the Kremlin. Nothing they say is ever said without prior approval from upon high.

In fact, RT is often touted on ATS as the counter-viewpoint to the Western media "propoganda", but now it isn't good enough because you don't agree with it? Fair enough, but next time someone trots out an RT story as proof of Western "lies", I assume you'll be right there to tell them that RT is "clueless", yes?

If the tank was broken, how did it then continue on.

You think 2 guys with wrenches can go under a tank and fix it in few minutes, and send it on its way.

Lol clueless.

It was immobile for 15 minutes. It couldn't even be towed. Russia has since claimed it was operator error, but yes I know for a fact that a minor problem on a tank can be resolved very quickly by a trained crew.

In fact, in the British Army, a trained REME crew can change out the entire engine on a Challenger 2 in 45 minutes under battlefield conditions. I assume the Russians must have some competent engineers in their Army as well.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Ah yes, driver error rehearsals..

A must for such things!

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Ah yes, driver error rehearsals..

Wonder how long they trained for this?

Because as we know practice makes perfect.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Whether it was really broken down or not, I'm still impressed with those tow ropes. Was really expecting them to fail under those conditions which would would be a major hazard to anyone standing nearby at the time.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
In fact, in the British Army, a trained REME crew can change out the entire engine on a Challenger 2 in 45 minutes under battlefield conditions. I assume the Russians must have some competent engineers in their Army as well.

I don't believe this for a second

BS if I ever saw one

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
THIS IS STANDARD WESTERN PROPAGANDA PROCEDURE

Just like during Olympics, out of 10 000 rooms, they found 50 incomplete ones to drum on western media for days.

Fine, have your fun with your media gimmicks for all the good it will do you in the long run.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't believe this for a second

And I don't believe a tank operator wouldn't know his brake was engaged while trying to move his machine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join