It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God make a forbidden fruit even though he knew that it would be eaten?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhill76

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: jhill76

Yes, there are many paths one can take to get to the final stage per se. I never said anything to the contrary.

your "father" is one mountaintop among many worthy heights. your heaven is not singular in its grandeur.

That is why I am in awe of the setup. Man thinks he makes all of his own decisions.

then the day your sky fairy shows himself is the day we rise against the machine. count on it.

I thought we were refraining from giving into the back and forth?

By the way, all religions look to the same source...

is that why muslims keep killing christians and christians keep defaming muslims?

im not going back and forth with anything. i am impressing upon you that your god and your heaven are not singular, not special or exceptional. they are one of many answers which are all equally capable of bringing happiness and fulfillment. and it is our free will to choose between them.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhill76

a reply to: jhill76

Yes, there are many paths one can take to get to the final stage per se. I never said anything to the contrary.

your "father" is one mountaintop among many worthy heights. your heaven is not singular in its grandeur.

That is why I am in awe of the setup. Man thinks he makes all of his own decisions.

then the day your sky fairy shows himself is the day we rise against the machine. count on it.

I thought we were refraining from giving into the back and forth?

By the way, all religions look to the same source...

is that why muslims keep killing christians and christians keep defaming muslims?

im not going back and forth with anything. i am impressing upon you that your god and your heaven are not singular, not special or exceptional. they are one of many answers which are all equally capable of bringing happiness and fulfillment. and it is our free will to choose between them.

Christians and Muslims do not recognize that tidbit, but it is recognized above.

And, I agree with your last statement...

Do not assume because I speak of Father, etc, that I only hold to the beliefs and standards of the masses.
edit on 14-5-2015 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why God speaks in plural for himself, in Genesis?

How is possible the Original sin to be transmitted to the babies that don't have mind to commit sin? Unless it is genetic change of some sort.

Perhaps the forbidden fruit was a genetic trespass, not necessarily of sexual nature.

But if we are born with genetic defect that makes us tend to evil, where is our guilt anymore?

Isn't it said Jesus bore the sins, especially the Original sin? If it doesn't exist for us anymore, the baptized ones, why do we witness not just evil, rather increasingly big evil over history? It should happen the vice versus - Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross should have diminished the evil to the point to see God's Kingdom in real terms. It does not happen though.

We are not told a big deal by those theologians. Why don't they start from scratch and make a more acceptible product for consummation of a generation that knows more and demands more answers from the masters? If they need, they may watch some episodes of Scifi Star Wars and others, and fix their ideas about angels and demons first, before talking of the Lord of the Lords Jesus Christ. That fault is theirs, not ours. We are just born the way we are, and we fight against evil and SUFFER all our life. It was not supposed after Jesus' sacrifice, or was it?

Shall we see any evolution of humanity beyond the sin and untimely death (Noah lived ~1000y) because of so much grace poured by God during all those centuries (according to theologians), or that is reserved for some undefined endless period of time to end up with the Second Coming? Isn't it just too much confidence they require from us to believe in, without much to receive in return other than suffering all life?

Or it is better in their screwed minds the whole humanity to suffer, and even to the point much of the humanity to be sacrificed in a new flood of fire, rather than to admit their theories were wrong in first place! They owe too much to humanity in past generations and they have to repay it to us in this generation, before humanity dies off of nukes or other unknown yet cause. We have to know the truth, in order to take the best decisions for our fate, our loved ones, and ultimately - the fate of humanity represented thru its most aware personals.
edit on 23-5-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Most of the people on earth can't possibly sin as much during their entire lifespan, as to justify their suffering almost their entire life. Moreover, the suffering usually starts with the entrance of adulthood, and often - earlier than that.

There are several options with multiple choices, not necessarily "either or":

1. the souls before being incarnated in the current bodies, have sinned greatly in another environment, be it in other bodies or as spirits. That however is forcefully rejected by all main Christian churches.

2. The Earth is a kind of prison planet determined for suffering, unjustified. Therefore the earth's Lord is an evil one that does not obey the good God.

3. More materialistic view: we have been genetically modified in a wrong way (the original sin) and that wrongdoing spreads also the suffering over the entire human race. In that case we need to be COMPENSATED including for previous generations, for all the suffering the human race underwent, and of course for the genetic manipulation in first place.

4. If Jesus came to bear the sins of the world, (which sins, personal sins are not so many, as explained), then why don't we see any alleviation of suffering in post-Christ era, including in the era when Christianity was dominant power in Europe the so called Christendom?

5. Perhaps the truth of Jesus Christ is completely different from what we were taught. I accept Jesus Christ and his voluntary suffering on the Cross, dead and resurrection. Seems to me, (I might be wrong) that His mission surpasses the small planet earth and is not meant only to buy out the souls on earth (for the above reasons). Perhaps it is galactic, universal mission meant to save all civilizations and races in all the galaxies.

6. The suffering of humankind must stop immediately, for the above reasons. The humankind has already realized the lies with which it was being fed for 20 centuries, or we may say, for 60 centuries. It already surpassed the level of childhood in its development. It should be given a choice to upgraded state that it deserved by right of "sons and daughters of God the almighty".

7. The story of Adam and Eve, written down thousand years after the Flood, and having no pre-flood documentation of any kind, writing on stones or others, should be thoroughly reviewed in that light.

edit on 23-5-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join