It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave New World - Spielberg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
”Brave New World” is set in a world without poverty, war or disease.

Please post replies, if you have any more information/details.

Last I heard (back in 2008) it was Ridley Scott who was planning
to film a Brave New World adaptation. It was also rumored that
Leo Di Caprio and Russelll Crowe would be in the principal cast.
Has that changed now that Spielberg is take on the project?

I need details.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
”Brave New World” is set in a world without poverty, war or disease.

Please post replies, if you have any more information/details.

Last I heard (back in 2008) it was Ridley Scott who was planning
to film a Brave New World adaptation. It was also rumored that
Leo Di Caprio and Russelll Crowe would be in the principal cast.
Has that changed now that Spielberg is take on the project?

I need details.
The film seems to not be going anywhere, still. But a TV series has been announced www.slashfilm.com...

edit on 8-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Can't access that link from work... can
you post some general info... please!

Pretty Please!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I think this is TV

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
a reply to: reldra

Can't access that link from work... can
you post some general info... please!

Pretty Please!
SyFy channel and Steven Spielber's Amblin Team (Taken miniseries, etc.) will create this, it has been greenlighted, but does not tell me when it will start. The article is just 2 days old.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think this is TV

www.imdb.com...
Wrong link. That is for an old one. I think I will watch it though, don;t think I have seen that one. ty

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There was a t.v. movie version in the late 90's.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

There was a t.v. movie version in the late 90's.

olaru12 's link goes there. OP was looking for the newest project, link already given

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its going to be a television show or mini series on the Syfy Channel. Going by the Syfy Channels recent history, it will probably suck and be nothing like the book.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Its going to be a television show or mini series on the Syfy Channel. Going by the Syfy Channels recent history, it will probably suck and be nothing like the book.

Don't say that. I have great expectations.
This could be a real wake up call for young
people who don't know literature or history.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Kinda what Google is for.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

B-I-N-G-O. Not that the original was great literature. I'ts value and import was the insight into a future that would grow out of the day in which Huxley lived. His story was a warning that not many could see at that time.

Sadly those warnings, among others were ignored to the point that what we have today in many ways IS the world that Huxley could see coming about. To make it into a movie, now about a future still to come would be redundant. That future is already here.

But to add the Sci/fi channel into the mix only saddens me. For many people, that will most likely be the only real contact that they will have with the book and it's message. And you can bet your bottom dollar that message will be watered down until there is not taste left to the story at all. No nuance. No inspiring people to really inspect the world for how it really is or might be. Watered down pablum for the masses.

Remember the original Rollerball? Wonderful movie with some good insight into the coming corporate world. The second Rollerball? Unmitigated trash. Just violence and feel good stuff. No message at all.

But come to think of it, a sci/fi version of Brave New World might likely have Ghost Sharks flying around in tornadoes and all will be happy in the end. Can't beat that.

Roll over Aldus.
edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 08 May 2015 18:22:56 -0500Fri, 08 May 2015 18:22:56 -050015052015-05-08T18:22:56-05:00600000022 by TerryMcGuire because: sp

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That one from 1998 I think I seen. It was a BBC movie. I thought it was okay but the book is better. The books are always better in my opinion. This was required reading along with 1984 in my school.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sorry, I knew it was a little older. I didn't see the 1998 version. I'm going to check it out tonight or tomorrow.

Brave New World BBC

edit on 8-5-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Make a night of it and watch this also.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It will be a TV series and I don't have high hopes it will last long since his last attempt at the series Terra Nova got cancelled, even though I thought that was good. Guess others didn't agree.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
*sigh*

I wish they'd do Asimov's "Foundation" series instead. Brave New World is a worthy read, but it's outdated and is going to make a very lame movie. We have a ton of dystopian movies already.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
*sigh*

I wish they'd do Asimov's "Foundation" series instead. Brave New World is a worthy read, but it's outdated and is going to make a very lame movie. We have a ton of dystopian movies already.

We will be living it soon enough if we are not already.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I prefered "Island" myself.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
*sigh*

No you do not. You do not want SYFY channel making the Foundation series. Trust me. As weird as it is to say. We should all hope that no science fiction novel is ever made into a television show by the SYFY channel. The channel that is supposed to be all science fiction. Ever since they changed their name from Sci/Fi to SYFY. They take good thought provoking ideas and make them bland and as un-thought provoking as they can.

Anyways HBO is going to do the Foundation series. LINK
edit on 12-5-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join