It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The sins of the Father" Does that apply to Church Fathers or just Bio Dads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Rex282
The Hebrew word “sin” is chatta which means to miss or fall short of a mark.In essence it means to be imperfect,immature,with flaw.This statement simply means the father passes his trait/imperfection/flaws of humanity on to his offspring.It is not a voodoo curse by a God invoked when someone commits acts of sin.It is the natural condition of mankind.This statement is just a description of that.

Exactly. You are nurtured with the same misdeeds that your parents have while raising you. It is very enlightening when you reach the point of life where you begin to see the mistakes your parents make and you realize that almost 100% of the time you have the same flaws. The more I learn about my parents the more I learn about my self.

that isn't what I said.Your parents don't pass their "action sins" along to you genetically.You are your own person.Your parents aren't to blame for that.You are 100% accountable for all you do.The passing along the traits is the nature of religion not predisposed actions your parents are accountable for.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The Hebrew word “sin” is chatta which means to miss or fall short of a mark.In essence it means to be imperfect,immature,with flaw.This statement simply means the father passes his trait/imperfection/flaws of humanity on to his offspring.It is not a voodoo curse by a God invoked when someone commits acts of sin.It is the natural condition of mankind.This statement is just a description of that.

Exactly. You are nurtured with the same misdeeds that your parents have while raising you. It is very enlightening when you reach the point of life where you begin to see the mistakes your parents make and you realize that almost 100% of the time you have the same flaws. The more I learn about my parents the more I learn about my self.

that isn't what I said.Your parents don't pass their "action sins" along to you genetically.You are your own person.Your parents aren't to blame for that.You are 100% accountable for all you do.The passing along the traits is the nature of religion not predisposed actions your parents are accountable for.

I didnt say genetically, I said in terms of nurture. You were raised by their tendencies and habits. You were raised by your parents and you were also raised by their misconceptions. Yes you are 100% accountable for all you do, but you are prone to follow suit with your parents flaws. It is our responsibility to break the loop of mistakes that have been passed down generation after generation.

Do you see what I am saying now?
edit on 7-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I didnt say genetically, I said in terms of nurture. You were raised by their tendencies and habits. You were raised by your parents and you were also raised by their misconceptions. Yes you are 100% accountable for all you do, but you are prone to follow suit with your parents flaws. It is our responsibility to break the loop of mistakes that have been passed down generation after generation.

Do you see what I am saying now?

I completely understand your statement .My point was........ that wasn't what "I" was talking about in my post.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join