It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upgrades to ATS Infrastructure in the works! Important question for members.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Are any of you using your upload service here as a means for image-sharing on other websites? And if so, would it kill you if we stopped?

No, and I do not see why anyone should, given the amount of image sharing resources out there. I would remove image-sharing on other websites.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I only have a few pictures i use here BUT the only one I NEED is my AVATAR IMAGE of citizen V. If people want to share a Image best thing to do is use IMGUR. i DO hope there si a CHATROOM. wink wink. hint hint.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I second Yuppa.

A chat room would be nice, and is something I miss too.

CdT

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You should do more to hold to your old values of not putting up with hate speech and deliberate trolling if you want to conitnue the velocity of your website......

Congrats on your headway.....

But I feel youre asking the wrong questions....

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You should do more to hold to your old values of not putting up with hate speech and deliberate trolling if you want to conitnue the velocity of your website......

Congrats on your headway.....

But I feel youre asking the wrong questions....

Those updates are great, but until you buckle down on the quality of your contributors, your growth , both intellectually and financially will be impaired.....

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For once I agree with everyone in a thread.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I almost exclusively only use the image hosting here for here. I may have linked once or twice over the years, but there are other hosting solutions for outside of ATS.

I have no problems with disallowing hosted images from being linked elsewhere for the cost savings.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm happy to see that you are making huge progress
in solving issues.
I think you should save the money...my only images
are for avatar creations. Thank you for actually asking
everyone's opinion...and thank you for all your hard work.

Cheers
Ektar

Edit....I miss the Chat Room & Radio.
edit on 552015 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I would never expect a forum to host pictures for me.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I only ever use image upload for things I post here.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

What? You haven't heard of a BigaGyte?

Keep up with the times, man!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Like so many others, I never link another site to pics here, plenty of image hosting sites out there for that. I use imgur and imageshack for that.

Save the money for more important things!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have used some images in past discussions, but not very often and mainly on the 9/11 topic. All images that I have uploaded to ATS (about 10 in total) have been part of the online discussion. I do not use ATS as a image or file sharing service.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't think I have ever linked from here. If I need something I just slide it over to where I need it usually. I think if it saves you some monies that can be better spent somewhere else. (Like on that sweet sounding hardware!!) I say go for it. There are too many free sites that can be used to share and post pics.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Use other sites for uploads for other sites. No problem with ending linking. With the new hardware consider an Nvidia GPU Accelerator (Tesla Card) good number crunching add-on
edit on 5-5-2015 by Gothmog because: typo

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Are any of you using your upload service here as a means for image-sharing on other websites? And if so, would it kill you if we stopped?

No I don't. So it wouldn't bother me at all if you were to stop allowing it.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'd say save the money where you can man. As long as I've been here, I've had no need to use it.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What I upload to ATS stays on ATS.

As long as I can share an avatar, I'm golden.

Do what you feel is best.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I had no idea that I could post use my ATS uploads on other sites. So that definitely wouldn't bother me. And that other thing... not even sure what that is so I doubt I would miss that as well.

What about a sarcasm button
??? My goodness how nice it would be to roll my eyes from time to time.

Edit to add: sorry about the lack of donation on my part. I will get around to it. I'm just so lazy...
edit on 5-5-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

The images I have uploaded should be deleted if that helps. I only used them within the threads on this site. You may delete them as necessary.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join