It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR Game- Night Terrors !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This stuff may give you nightmares. A group of computer game developers are creating a new augmented reality mobile phone game that turns your home into a fight for survival against demons and zombies.

Night Terrors is a survival horror game that will use a system designed to map your house through your mobile device—utilizing its flashlight, camera, screen, and headphones—to place you in a haunted environment, with real-time generated photorealistic elements and enemies.

Night Terror’s premise is simple. There’s a girl trapped in the house and you need to find her and survive by avoiding ghosts, which can hide behind walls based on the game's recognition of walls and layouts. The developer is using practical effects to create the enemies rather than 3D rendering.

I will definitely be purchasing this game when it comes out. Dropping your phone means you lose. Hopefully they are able to add more features as the date approaches such as possible multi-player. And hopefully not bump into any monsters in real life

www.ign.com...
edit on 1-5-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That looks fun, I'm definitely going to have to give it a try... in 2016 when it's released

EDIT: read into it a bit more and the concepts involved in pulling this off are really brilliant. Actually, a person could tweak it to form a lot of interesting, useful apps.

The downside in the foresight of it all is how likely is this going to just devour your cellphone battery?

Now, let's all test this out in some abandoned buildings!

Here's their Indigogo campaign if you want to help them out

Campaign

edit on 1/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If you guys like that, you'll also like this if you're into FPS games.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

That game looks pretty cool. The only bad thing these days, if anyone sees you pointing a black cellphone at anyone in public, they probably think you're A. pulling out a weapon or B. about to blow something up. I can see this probably being played best in an open field or small area at best.

Maybe not in public in the city. During rush hour

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What if it is really allowing you to see what is really there in your house already.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
What if it is really allowing you to see what is really there in your house already.

I would not be surprised since the devil is behind the creation of our personal tracking devices. What better way to fill you with dread and hopelessness than to give you the illusion that demons and ghosts are all around you now.

hahaha, I still think it looks like an interesting game. I will try it with my friends phone's when it comes out.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

That looks like a lot of fun. However, I can also see a "game over" coming in the form of being struck by a car .
:-(
edit on 5/7/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

top topics

join