It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran Forces Seize US Cargo Ship With 34 People On Board

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
double post
edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Neutrality

No - now Iranian Maritime officials are going through the vessel like a dose of salts, this will cost dearly - these vessels are charging / earning upwards of $100K US PER DAY.

Not to mention perishable cargo about to become useless...........big money game out here.......

Well that seems to be the fault of the company that owns the ship rather than Iran.

Pay your taxes and pay your fees.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Yep, that is what we are stating.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

What will happen with the Briton(s) and other crew members on board? Can they go home now?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
Yep, that is what we are stating.

Sorry last time I was in thread the USA chickenhawk chest ponders were demanding a bombing campaign, obliviously the tone of the thread changed.
edit on 29-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
That is for the company and Iran to decide, really the company, I don't see why Iran would not let them go. By law, Iran has to be in contact with the company and other authorities.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

What will happen with the Briton(s) and other crew members on board? Can they go home now?

I'm guessing so after they get checked through and processed.....well I hope so.

Not sure on Iranian laws and if they could get charged with anything like assisting tax evasion or something.
edit on 29-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

Not necessarily - could be the company that has "chartered" the ship - I have vessels chartered to other vessel operators and contractual agreements state they pay the levies.

This could take a while to resolve, but I would suggest Maersk will pay and settle it in court - this will cost them reputation wise.

ETA - BUT, if Iranian Maritime officials decide to go through the vessel "with a fine tooth comb" [winks at ALLsourceIntel this time] then payment quickly is negligible.

"Lessons learned"

edit on 29-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I certainly can respect someone admitting being wrong or incorrect. Can you link to the thread or is that the actual title?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am not sure on this, but I would assume there are protections against crew being held accountable, only the actual holder of debt would be.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
I certainly can respect someone admitting being wrong or incorrect. Can you link to the thread or is that the actual title?

This is were I left the friend last night.

Certain tards on here wanted to start a war

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If I was a cephalopod I would have given an octo-facepalm to that one.

Un-truckin-believeable

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ah, got it, yeah I saw all that, thank you. I thought you meant there was an entirely different thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If I was a cephalopod I would have given an octo-facepalm to that one.

Un-truckin-believeable

don't worry I know that's not Representative of all Americans.....well I hope

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

a reply to: haman10

Haman,
If Iran claims the entire Persian Gulf is under their control, how are U.S. Naval warships in the gulf allowed?
Does Iran grant them permission?
Also, what about the other countries in the Persian Gulf? Do they claim waters, as well?
Well , there are international regulations about Persian gulf . since we have most of the shores , we apparently have most of the water territories as well .

All USN ships ask permission from Iran to get into Persian gulf since we control the way in . we cannot say no to their request per international laws . any ships that enters the gulf should state where they wanna go . if its not Iran , then IRIN should give green light to them . Oman controls the way out , the exact same thing can be said here .

Okay. Thanks.
You stated that Iran has most of the shores, so therefor claims most of the water territories, however, maps would tend to dispute that. Please explain, as it appears that, geographically, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, U.A.E. & Oman would have as much shoreline...or more than Iran.

Haman,
I know you had to leave us last night, but I am still very curious about your comment that Iran claims control of the Persian gulf due to it's extensive eastern coastline when, in fact, other gulf-bordering countries possess equal or larger portions of coastline. Will you please explain this? Doesn't Saudi Arabia and others possess an equal claim to the gulf?

Also, you stated that your Iranian sources suggested yesterday, that the ship had been released and was underway when, in fact, it has been seized and anchored off an Iranian naval base. Can you please clarify what your sources actually told you? Were they official government sources?

Thanks in advance. Tat.
edit on 29-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So the Tigris is now in Bandar Abbas which was not so long ago one of Maersk's favourite destinations, and the Republican guards are swarming all over it blah blah? Funny that!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

a reply to: haman10

Haman,
If Iran claims the entire Persian Gulf is under their control, how are U.S. Naval warships in the gulf allowed?
Does Iran grant them permission?
Also, what about the other countries in the Persian Gulf? Do they claim waters, as well?
Well , there are international regulations about Persian gulf . since we have most of the shores , we apparently have most of the water territories as well .

All USN ships ask permission from Iran to get into Persian gulf since we control the way in . we cannot say no to their request per international laws . any ships that enters the gulf should state where they wanna go . if its not Iran , then IRIN should give green light to them . Oman controls the way out , the exact same thing can be said here .

Okay. Thanks.
You stated that Iran has most of the shores, so therefor claims most of the water territories, however, maps would tend to dispute that. Please explain, as it appears that, geographically, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, U.A.E. & Oman would have as much shoreline...or more than Iran.

Haman,
I know you had to leave us last night, but I am still very curious about your comment that Iran claims control of the Persian gulf due to it's extensive eastern coastline when, in fact, other gulf-bordering countries possess equal or larger portions of coastline. Will you please explain this? Doesn't Saudi Arabia and others possess an equal claim to the gulf?

Also, you stated that your Iranian sources suggested yesterday, that the ship had been released and was underway when, in fact, it has been seized and anchored off an Iranian naval base. Can you please clarify what your sources actually told you? Were they official government sources?

Thanks in advance. Tat.

Because Iran holds most of the islands in the Gulf which significantly extends their claims.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Now that we know the location it looks like the US was deliberately trying to start a conflict.
Whether the captain knew his position or if he was somehow misled (or sleeping while a helmsman took the ship there) is my question.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
What?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4/29/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join