It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organised "Agitators", or Organic Riots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
While I don't want to deal specifically with the case of the current disturbances in Baltimore, I wanted to share what I have observed in much of the recent public unrest.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This BBC report draws a clear distinction between the protestors and "thugs who want to incite violence", so where do these people come from? Is this just disparate individual thugs who see an opportunity for destruction and violence, gangs or something more sinister?

Could some nefarious group be organising paid "thugs" to discredit movements of peaceful protests, overshadowing the event with violence and riots so that the message gets lost, and the word protestors becomes synonymous with rioters?

So what do you think? Are the riots just an angry reaction to the issues, are they a response to the tactics that the police use, do gangs use them as an opportunity to loot and destroy property or are they a form of controlled opposition to discredit peaceful protestors?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MRM13

Provocateurs are always a possibility when it comes to mass protest. It often does not take much to send someone over the edge when they are upset about an issue, in my opinion.

Here are some traits of pro provocateurs:

Provocateurs:

1) Want to establish "leaders" to set them up for a fall in order to stop the movement.

2) Suggest doing foolish, illegal things to get the activists in trouble.

3) Encourage militancy.

4) Want to taunt the authorities.

5) Attempt to make the activist compromise their values.

6) Attempt to instigate violence. Activisim ought to always be non-violent.

7) Attempt to provoke revolt among people who are ill-prepared to deal with the reaction of the authorities to such violence.

edit on 28-4-2015 by jrod because: betterwording, there are no good provocateurs

edit on 28-4-2015 by jrod because:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My nagging question of the day is..
What makes this case the Ferguson case so special.. Why did they get the way they did.. Think for a second of all the black people who were killed after Ferg and before this.. Why was no outcry for them... Hell I even posted something about a kid getting shot I think a day after in Ferg and not 1 word after that... Why are these important... What makes these so special.. And the really burning question is... How tf did these 2 cases get so popular..

@Jrod
I agree with you..

1 other question.. Have authorities ever been busted doing this before... The answer is yes.. 3 times that I can remember... G20 Canada, G20 Pgh, and somewhere else cant remember.
edit on 4/28/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There are definitely agitators. They're people who aren't from Baltimore but drove to the city and don't give a damn about the city and just want to have some "fun."

Are there cops and govvies running around in the riot? Dunno, haven't seen any yet. But there's definitely people that aren't from the city there.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MRM13

If the USA is anything like the UK, our MI5, whoever those ghastly people are who turn on their own, have infiltrated groups who want to change things. To maintain the status quo those in charge brook no dissent simple as that. We even had footage of a huge trade union protest by the Miners, altered to give a totally different and biased view to the public against the miners, which went out on the BBC. You cannot trust what you see reported in the news.

We also had riots much smaller in the UK and there are people who will go looting, some whether they need it or not, others because its the only way they can get what they want brand new - its just an opportunity people will take without probably even thinking.

I know police killings are so very emotive in the USA, as indeed they are here, but I doubt its only about police brutality its probably about minimum wage rip-off, a lack of hope for the future and the huge gap between the rich and poor which is going to have to be redressed , because we all know whose ripping off everyone else and people are getting angrier and angrier. For it to be purely a coloured problem, a black man doing the highest role for the USA shows black people can get to the top. So does that really fly today?

Its a pity the police don't seem to realise they are just usable fodder for the elite and their roots are among the ordinary people who are being suppressed. I do think though they should take considerably more care with whom they employ.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The DOJ bussed protestors in from out of state during the
Ferguson riots as well as the Trayvon Martin debacle. I think its
reasonable to expect they have done the same thing in Baltimore.
They want this country divided and they are doing a damn good
job of making sure that happens.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My wife and I watched for a couple hours last night...it just oozed fake. I watched this fire burning that was obviously receiving a good flow of propellant, I have been on more than one set in my younger years...something just screamed "this is a set" at least during the 11pm to midnight hour.

Maybe we are off our rockers...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Why not both?

What's better than cause & effect? Controlled cause & controlled effect.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

And of course then when one considers the repeal of the propaganda law:foreignpolicy.com...

What is a reasonably level headed individual left to think?
edit on 28-4-2015 by BlueJacket because: oops

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Everybody seems to think that these "agitators" are government "agents". I don't think so. I was watching the coverage in Baltimore yesterday. That CVS store and the Check Cashing store were robbed using the rioting as a cover. The looting happened after ward and helped to destroy any evidence. I've heard rumors that something similar happened in both Ferguson and New York. One question that I have is "Who picks where a riot happens?"

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I too wonder what makes these cases special.

There were two little kids shot to death near me recently, killed by crossfire, multiple witnesses saw it first hand and know who did it, yet the case goes unsolved. Why don't those lives matter?

Some repeat criminal(thug) dies in police custody and the SHTF. Yet, two children ( 8 and 12) get murdered in crossfire from punk ass gang bangers and no one says a damn thing.

Screw everyone of you who support the _______ lives matter crowd. This crap is insane. Innocent kids get murdered and it's business as usual, a thug gets killed and it's time to riot and burn snip down.

Funny how those of us who arm ourselves and make preperations to defend our families are deemed whackos, yet thugs burning down Cities and creating mayham are looked upon as victims...

I hate people!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Wish I could give you more than one star.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well your answer OP is here.. Which you are right.. No surprise really actually..

Social media analysis suggests links between Baltimore and Ferguson violence

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRM13

So what do you think? Are the riots just an angry reaction to the issues, are they a response to the tactics that the police use, do gangs use them as an opportunity to loot and destroy property or are they a form of controlled opposition to discredit peaceful protestors?

Probably a mixture of all of the above as most of these protests turn out to be. Starting off peaceful but are used to an advantage for selfish and agenda reasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
reply to post by jrod

Provocateurs are always a possibility when it comes to mass protest. It often does not take much to send someone over the edge when they are upset about an issue, in my opinion.

Here are some traits of pro provocateurs:

Do you need bruce buffer getting you pumped up for more occult on wwf?
Watching Jeb Bush. Jerky? Who cares
just swallowed a bug. That’s my 266 bugs swallowed for a lifetime. No one will be left alive when this war ends,

Does Jesus love guys who burn and loot businesses?
Does Jesus love guys who burn and loot businesses.
The front page of the paper should say anarchists are being hunted down. Not “six charged” what an idiocracy.

top topics

join