It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Gang In 20 million pounds Bank Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Police have stated that 20 million pounds has been stolen in a raid from a bank's headquarters in Belfast. The headquarters are situated in Donegall Square. The robbery lasted about 24 hours and hostages were let go after the seige. This is believed to be one of the biggest bank robberies in the UK. The bank said that they got away with a 'significant' amount of money.

news.bbc.co.uk
It is understood the families of two executives of the bank, one in Loughinisland, County Down, the other in Dunmurry, near Belfast, were taken hostage on Sunday night.

It is thought the two officials went to work on Monday while their families were being held captive. They were released once the robbery was reported at about 2345 GMT on Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Woah what a heist! I guess christmas has come early for those theives. I doubt they will ever be caught, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't already in some spectacular country soaking up the sun right now.
I guess in a way I feel bad for the money that was taken and whether people get it back or not. However, I do love it when people get one over on the establishment.

[edit on 12-22-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[edit on 12-22-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

join