It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, here I am. I've been reading for a few weeks and decided to join. I've never been a member anywhere, I dont do fb or any of that and I generally dont like posting anything anywhere (guess I'm a bit paranoid). But there are a bunch of things that I would like to talk about.

Lately I've become very intrigued by the UFO subject (seen something, or at least I think I did) and everything that goes with it, some paranormal stuff (scares me), quantum physics (dont understand it but find it very interesting), meditation (doing it but not as often as I'd like), lucid dreams (have them, dont know what to do with them) and other stuff.
I dont do politics at all (useless) and I try to stay away from conspiracy (I get to wrapped up in it and its usually too negativ).

I feel pretty lonely because I have nobody in my "real" life who I can converse with about any of this. So I'm hoping to connect to some like minded people here.
I'm very open minded, I believe everything is possible and I dont think there is such a thing as coincidences.

Just a very brief description of me, feel kinda funny writing this and I'm very nervous.. Feel free to ask any questions if you like.
Thank you for reading!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Sounds like you will fit right in. Welcome to ATS.

I felt very similar when I joined.

edit on 4 26 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hear hear,, welcome! most of my "regular friends" think i am totally nuts, and they are right!
beyond insanity you can find true sanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Welcome! Be brave and open up . People here are, for the most part, warm and genuine in their wanting to help. You'll get various opinions, suggestions, and you will feel at home in no time. No need to be nervous. Channel your inner self and be free to explore,

A cold one lifted in your honor!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thank you, yes, different is right! Unfortunately I'm surrounded by "normal". Which equals boring for me.
Sometimes I really wonder whats wrong with all these people. Are they all in a deep sleep? Do they not see all these wondrous things?
I think this world sucks and it's time for humanity to wake up.
Hoping and wishing I can contribute to that, just dont know how.
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hello and Welcome to ATS MotherShip. By signing up, You have already started to contribute! Thank You!

"And Remember, It's Just a Ride." Syx.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
Enjoy your stay and hope to see you in the forums!

Cheers,
~Sovereign

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you!

And here are the first questions, out of many to come..
I clicked on the little heart to add my favorite forums but they dont show up on my profile?
How do I add an avatar and what is the difference between avatar and background imagine?
(Is this even the right place to ask questions?)
I'm not exactly a computer expert, so please bear with me

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

An Avatar image can be put over a background if it has see through colors in the image. I am not very good at describing how it works, but basically you can overlap a background image with a another image on your avatar that shows up in threads.

There is an avatar creation thread here:
BTS:Avatar Creations 2015

They can help you with almost all avatar questions a lot better than I can....lol

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks! I did something, not quite what I wanted, dont understand the sizing, but I'll figure it out eventually.
There's a lot to learn here, guess I wont figure it all out on my first night out here

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I've been here over 10 years and I am still figuring out certain things the website has that you can do.
At one point I thought I had it all down, and then they changed everything...lol

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

well, that makes me feel better lol, thanks! These things just require some patience, which I dont have a lot of..
and I dont have any good pics either and I get bored real quick but I can change my pictures as often as I like, right?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yeah, you can change them whenever.

The avatar thread will set you up with a great selection of special made avatars if you ask them to. They do a great job if you get bored with finding your own. I prefer to make my own, but have been tempted to ask them just to see what they can come up with.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

making your own? Wow. I dont know anything about photoshop or anything like that. I'd like to, but I just have no patience unfortunately. I will have a look though, see what they have.

You are very nice to a new person, thanks for talking to me

So, can I just post anywhere now? Feels weird. I got some stuff I'd like to share too (nothing spectacular), I know I got to have 20 postings before I can do my own thread. And I'm also not sure if its even interesting enough for others. Dont want to open the most boring thread ever ;-)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yeah, now you can just post wherever...lol

You can always use the search function at the top of the page to find threads that might have to do with the stuff you want to share. It is better than starting your own thread for minor things. Threads are a funny thing, some of the best ones quickly get lost or no attention for years, then get pulled back up.

I wouldn't worry to much about making boring threads, there is always someone interested, if not now, later on.
There is also the off topic forum, which is more for general stuff.
It has a pet forum, general chit-chat, people, all kinds of topics so,
You won't ever get bored.

At least I haven't yet.

Glad I could help, even if it is just a friendly face.
It is a big site, so just kick back and enjoy.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I gotta go for now but I'm sure I'll bother you again sometime (if thats ok)!
Thanks again and enjoy your coffee!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Have a great evening

top topics

join