It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Should Be Cooling. My Question to ATS: Why Isn't It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Obviously it is because there have not been enough regulations and higher taxes.

There is a correlation between climate and taxes. If not there should be.

You can't control the climate, but you can control ignorant and manipulable people.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was really hoping to have a meme free discussion, it seems that most that are replying are just incapable of independent thought and would rather babble about taxes and Al Gore. So sad.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I once read that the earth's interior is kept hot by radio activity, as good a theory as any, nuclear reactors get damn hot, and the 'fuel' is extracted from granite, I think, which I also think is a product of volcanic eruptions. ( a species of lava?)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The opening post didn't offer much to go on in that direction.

Are we going to discuss ideas, thoughts, opinions, conjecture, speculation etc.?... Or have a discussion based on factual, verifiable information and data?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: greencmp

That is not to say that lowering personal contributions to particulate pollution is bad but, walking 20 miles to the grocery store to save gas and therefore save the planet is harmful if you die on the way from heat exhaustion.
No but giving $$ to your local political high priest to march upon tptb to save us might make a difference ./sarc no offence to you personally but only to those that may be thinking about a green revolution against the co2 I breath out ....a very slippery slope that should have at least one or two lines on the Georgian guide stones .

Right, because giving our money to politicians always solves problems. It certainly does give new meaning to the term 'geopolitics' though.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Considering the the eco -system and even the bush itself one would have to ask and answer so many questions ??? isa it native ? how does it mature ? what is the mechanism's of it's pollination ?. It may be a simple bush but not all bushes are created equal . A simple talk with your local guru on plants might shed tons of light on the specifics of the species .A interesting person of Wade Davies famous anthropologist discovered that some indigenous tribes of the amazon could tell the difference between genders in plants by the language they spoke to the ones collecting them to make a substance for shamanistic practices . He claimed that a modern day lab with many technician's would need a lot of time to discover what these simple people knew about the plant .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Have you watched the Salaby presentation ? Sometimes it might just be a matter of eliminating the things not needed for the discussion to resolve the specific question you may be asking . You might want to be specific in the direction you want the answer to your question . It is after all spring where I live and I am thinking it is going to warm .Cycles and seasons and a fluctuation within those norms I guess .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I did specify theories.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well if I go by your title then you have to tell us why you think it either should or should not be cooling .You are making the claim that it should or at least suggesting that it should . What is your basis for this assumption ?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Simply as the title states, I would like to see some theories that could explain why our planet isn't cooling. Most people know which theory I subscribe to, I don't want to discuss warming in this thread, I only want to know what people think is the cause of not cooling.

The Earth has been cooling for the past 4,500,000,000 years - and this is why simple organic lifeforms like humans can survive on the surface.

In short term, if you mean, why arent we in the mini ice age that many have been predicting for the past few decades, well the answer is a) some theories promoted by those who believed in catastrophic global cooling have been shown to be flawed by subsequent research and discoveries (not that this seems to stop them promoting their theories) and b) regardless of that, an increase in atmospheric CO2 makes such global cooling increasingly unlikely.

Notwithstanding which, all else being equal, we should be experiencing a very small degree of global cooling, due to declining axial tilt. That we are not is one of the questions those who reject the idea of AGW really struggle to explain.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

That we are not is one of the questions those who reject the idea of AGW really struggle to explain.

And I would really love to see some theories that aren't dependent on hating taxes and Al Gore

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A simple talk with your local guru on plants might shed tons of light on the specifics of the species .

It is an azalia I have many of the same kind all over my acre.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Isn't it becoming more obvious that practically all historic temperature records have been cooked to show a warming trend. The fact that Antarctica ice shelf extent is the largest on record and states like Maine have broken 1895 records for coldest days etc tells they cannot keep telling the same warming yarn forever.

GISS[/u rl] had promoted that temperature in South America had risen by 1.5C in last 65 years when the original data set showed that temperatures had actually dropped a full degree in the same period.

Austrlian [url=http://joannenova.com.au/2014/08/the-heat-is-on-bureau-of-meteorology-altering-climate-figures-the-australian/]BOM
adjusting data to show warming trend from cooling trend

New Zealand temperature Gauges show no uptrend regardless of NISS saying NZ temperature had risen twice that of the rest of the world...

About half the adjustments actually created a warming trend where none existed; the other half greatly exaggerated existing warming. All the adjustments increased or even created a warming trend, with only one (Dunedin) going the other way and slightly reducing the original trend.

The shocking truth is that the oldest readings have been cranked way down and later readings artificially lifted to give a false impression of warming..”

They still using tamperedRussian Records to show a warming trend.
it was reported that the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data. There is an online technical report dated Dec 15, 2009, which states that it considered data released by the UK Met Office on Dec 8, 2009 in response to “increasing public pressure”.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Apparently this one has not responded in unity with the others . Could be something as simple as its isolated environment with other factors not known . Even Sharks isolated in a tank for a extended period of time will impregnate themselves . The pot plant will do the same thing if restricted from the male pollination from a male . Lots of factors .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Sure.

So according to that, it's warming not cooling when it is supposed to be?
Maybe it warms up first, kills the ocean life, kills the large animals of the planet, and starts over again? Too little data to even come close to accurately predict what is happening. 100+ years of data is not near enough.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Apparently this one has not responded in unity with the others . Could be something as simple as its isolated environment with other factors not known . Even Sharks isolated in a tank for a extended period of time will impregnate themselves . The pot plant will do the same thing if restricted from the male pollination from a male . Lots of factors .

Quite true the thing that links all cases is there is some change, for this situation a change after sameness for many years.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Collocation is not always causation .Far too often there are observations attributed to the cause when in the end are just not the case . Splitting hairs and putting forth a suggestion is a good thing but ,there are lots of ways to determine weather certain things are really so .

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

There is plenty of data available.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was really hoping to have a meme free discussion, it seems that most that are replying are just incapable of independent thought and would rather babble about taxes and Al Gore. So sad.

End of story pretty much.

It’s a really important topic we should be addressing way more, because this is the type of brainwashing epidemic ATS is supposed to be all about deconstructing.

Unfortunately it’s also really taboo around here because so many members are living proof of it sadly.

I like your thinking in taking the topic off script though. Another one I would love to see is having a skeptic - any skeptic - explain how a carbon tax or cap and trade set up is supposed to at least work in principle. Because NONE of them seem to know what these systems even really are, how they function, where the money actually goes, etc. But they sure love ranting on and on about it how they are scams that don’t do anything except make Al Gore rich apparently.

I'm not even a big fan of cap and trade myself - but at least able to hold an honest and intelligent discussion about its pros and cons, instead of just automatically spouting mindless talking points like a very transparent fool.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join