It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul’s son cited for DUI after car crash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Yes, that was my point exactly!! Not.

Why does it bother people if I post a story
without my own commentary?

Because without commentary people like me will make assumptions? Seriously, though, why would anyone post something without commenting on the article....that is the whole point.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They criticize Hilary for Bills actions, or Obama on his fathers actions, or Reagan for his idiot brothers actions. This is standard operating procedure in American politics.

Kinda sad that Rand was the only person to announce his run for the presidency and he is the only one that hasn't received a bump in the polls.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I fully agree that this practice of attacking family members of politicians is lower than a snail's belly and twice as messy.
This young man has an alcohol problem and Sen. Paul needs to address it. This is the third public episode involving alcohol. The previous two were for under-age infractions. Three alcohol-related arrests in less than two years tells the story.
I respect Sen. Paul even if we don't agree on everything. I feel for him having a son with this sort of problem. Having dealt with addiction on an up-close and personal level, I can only offer my prayers that he can get help. The phone call telling me the battle with addiction was lost came as I was riding on a campaign bus. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

My father is a damn good man. I wasn't up well into my 30's. My values, not his. This isn't Star Trek Klingons. The family should not share in the sins of one. Ridiculous to think so.

I dunno.

When you "preach" self righteous - - it kinda opens the gate.

So, if you kid grows up to do something awful that isn't in accord with your values, we can all blame you for it?

We are on a public opinion forum. Everyone here who offers forth their personal opinions could be said to be "preaching self-righteous" in some form or other.

I am not in Public Office.

I am not campaigning on self-righteousness to get votes.

Neither is his son. Put the blame where it belongs.

I don't care as long as the kid is not a minor. Is he?

But, if you run as self-righteous ----- you opened that gate yourself.

No you didn't. Is that Newton's 5th Law?

Right. Annee, this is a non-issue. Trying to do this is beyond lame.

I don't know what you're talking about, what you mean.

I'm a very direct poster. I just say what I think. I'll leave.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just like they claimed Ron wasn't a threat, byt yet they continued with low ball attacks. This is only the tip of what's to come from Wasserman Shutlz, CNN and more. Candy left CNN though.

originally posted by: wasaka

originally posted by: crazyewok
A drunken teen whoopy do.

So he has a normal family then it seems.

Now if his son had killed a guy that would be news!

Your right, it's not news... but this is: “Sen. Paul is the worst possible candidate of the 20 or so that are running on the most important issue, which is national security,” John McCain said. “The record is very clear that he simply does not have an understanding about the needs and the threats of the United States national security.” www.foxnews.com...

John McCain hate's Raul Paul.

Now that's an endorsement!

Aww, Rand puts a dent in his mongering(war, anti privacy).

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: SubTruth

We focus on stories like this instead of the important one's and it is the root reason why we are slowly falling into tyranny because of apathy of the mind.

What we should do is focus on the message not the man giving it.

besides that fact, its his son.......so what difference does it make?

My father was a damn good man, and a virtuous man, I have a DUI, I made stupid decisions, that had no bearing on the way he raised me or who HE was.....

Another targeted media hit piece to keep establishment GOP or DEM figure heads in office

I think you might have missed my point so I will clarify......Stories like this distract from the the real issues like the economy and the out of control military industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about.

The message being put forth is what is important not the man giving it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
remember billy beer, lol

A friend of mine had a can on the knick-knack shelf.
He got pissed when I told him I drank it.
I had to. I would rather regret things I have done than things I haven't done.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Rand Paul should be more worried about his father.
Why exactly ? his father is one of the least crazy politicians i've seen worldwide .

If you're bothered by Ron's non-interventionist foreign policy , i have to say Rand is a much better option for you compared to Ron .

Ron does no "standing ovation" for a foreign leader who came to congress to challenge US president , Rand does .

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
All I see this as is a headline to detract from the Clinton cash scandal and them failing to report donors.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Not sure about anyone else, but I find this quote a bit unusual....

Paul was alone at the time of the crash. He was not arrested, which Roberts said is standard for this type of case.

So in Kentucky, as long as you don't hit or harm another person they don't arrest you for DUI? Pretty sweet deal there methinks.....

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Paul was alone at the time of the crash. He was not arrested, which Roberts said is standard for this type of case.

So in Kentucky, as long as you don't hit or harm another person they don't arrest you for DUI? Pretty sweet deal there methinks.....

Looks like Rand's kid got to skate because of his "connections" even though he had priors...

dui.drivinglaws.org...

as usual....one set of laws for the elite and one set of laws for the rest of us.
edit on 24-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Is funny how this is a big story, because of politics, but to tell the truth, once you child reaches adulthood like Rand Paul 22 year old son, unless he lives with his parents is no much you can do about it.

As an adult by law he is his own man.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Looks like Rand's kid got to skate because of his "connections"

dui.drivinglaws.org...

as usual....one set of laws for the elite and one set of laws for the rest of us.

Well, from your link it says a first time offender gets no jail time. That doesn't explain the not being arrested part though....I thought anytime alcohol was involved in an accident, an arrest had to be made.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Because Paul was taken to the hospital he was not arrested. Police officials tell LEX 18 that issuing a citation in that situation is standard protocol.

Source

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Looks like Rand's kid got to skate because of his "connections" even though he had priors...

dui.drivinglaws.org...

Please read the related links before jumping to conclusions. He has no prior driving/drinking issues. The first incident was in North Carolina where he had consumed alcohol on a plane, was disruptive and attacked a flight attendant. The second issue was at a horse track. He was found to be in possession of alcohol by ABC agents who were checking IDs. Some say he was targeted that time. I have no idea whether he was or not.
I'm told by police officers that when a subject is taken to the hospital, arrest/citation does not take place until the patient is released from the hospital. This practice stems from the fact that if the citizen is arrested the arresting agency assumes responsibility for that person's medical bill from the hospital. If the citizen isn't arrested, his/her insurance pays the bill.
If, as reported, he refused to take a test at the scene, he will lose his license if the DUI stands. The fact that police did not actually observe him driving could be a factor here I think.
It might surprise you to learn that a lot of folks (not just "the elite") who get written up for DUI are able to fight it in court and win, especially when they are not observed driving by law enforcement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join