It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sustainable Planetary Magnetic Fields May Be Very Rare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Traveling to Mars is important for a lot of reasons.
1. Can humans survive on a hostile planet for a long time.
2. Can humans create a spacecraft on a hostile planet from local resources.
3. When we activate the Alcubierre warp drive, hopefully Mars will be on the other side of the sun so the Earth survives if the thing blows up....
4. The steps to get to the stars are going to require a lot of practical testing and performing some really dangerous experiments, that could destroy a planet. Better Mars than earth.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Traveling to Mars is important for a lot of reasons.
1. Can humans survive on a hostile planet for a long time.
2. Can humans create a spacecraft on a hostile planet from local resources.
3. When we activate the Alcubierre warp drive, hopefully Mars will be on the other side of the sun so the Earth survives if the thing blows up....
4. The steps to get to the stars are going to require a lot of practical testing and performing some really dangerous experiments, that could destroy a planet. Better Mars than earth.

Personally I'd not engage an experimental Alcubierre warp drive experiment of that scale anywhere in the inner solar system. I doubt that they would. Somewhere beyond Jupiter maybe would make more sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm sure that planets like earth are very rare. But I feel that we are not alone in this universe.

If the universe is teaming with life as some believe, where is the evidence? The universe would be saturated with artificial electromagnetic signals yet all evidence shows it to be entirely strerile of intelligent life other than ourselves.

We've only begun to look for artificial electromagnetic signals in a systematic and sensitive way that would even be capable of detecting such. Its far too early to come to any conclusions such as that. All we have ruled out are civilizations who would be beaming extremely powerful beacons.

This is what we've actually looked at....

It's like you've gone to the ocean shore, dipped a bucket in the shallow water looked at it and concluded there is no life in all the oceans of the world.

Have a read of this ATS thread to get up to speed on that
edit on 27-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join