It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile: Red Alert and Evacuation - Calbuco Volcano Eruption

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Wow surprised this isn't getting more attention!!!

Maybe this can help (they say it was an helicopter but.....you know)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
RUNNNNN

www.facebook.com...
edit on 23-4-2015 by Patto because: video link

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You can tell that guy doesnt Reddit......think of all the Karma he lost by dropping out of the shot so soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Patto

Exceptional. Be in the right place, right moment with the camera shooting to the right direction and record such an event.

On top of that, it was Earth's Day.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can't get over the amount of ash for a volcano that appears to have a highest explosion VEI of 3 (1969). Even if this event equals the 1969 eruption, that still seems a lot of ash........and just goes to show how bad serious explosive volcanoes could be (VEI 6 or higher).

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well at this moment.

The site for the camera is here

It doesnt update automatic you have to close the window and reopen to get new picture every time. Not sure the refresh time rate.

"We are in a crisis of the volcano has not finished the eruptive process. This is a complex situation, which will be changing and we'll have more aggressive situations", the national director of SERNAGEOMIN, Rodrigo Alvarez told Cooperativa.

Source
edit on 24-4-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lurksoften

Found a even better live shot. Looks like someone set up a live feed better than refreshing on that other link.

Source

| Ministry of Public Works: There structural damage in five bridges Calbuco volcano eruption

SERNAGEOMIN warns phase of instability and possible lava flows in Calbuco

The agency said that since last night surface activity increased massif.

The National Service of Geology and Mining (Sernageomin) said the Calbuco volcano entered a new phase of instability that could trigger lava flows from the mountain.

According to the entity "from the night of April 23 increased surface activity of Calbuco volcano, with a column of particulate matter up to 2 miles and preferential scattering toward the northeast sector shown varying east-southeast in the afternoon "accompanied by a continuous seismic tremor signal type".

Therefore the technical agency warned that "the system has entered a new unstable and sustained activity phase, which could be a precursor to a magmatic process lava flows and / or location dome surface."

Source
edit on 24-4-2015 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I do not know if he was happy at that time

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Does anyone have a live feed site?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's supposed to erupt again anytime.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Thank you.

That site wasn't working for me before. Now it is.

OMG. I'm not have much luck tonight. It's down again.
edit on 24-4-2015 by crappiekat because: too add

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It seems there is an uptick of larger quakes around the world the past day or two along with this volcano. Could this be insinuating that the mantle or whatever is uneasy right now?
a reply to: violet

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Does anyone have a live feed site?

Here, try this one :

www.t13.cl...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Why has no one commented on that epic UFO footage?

As soon as the camera has this strange electronic disturbance in the bottom left of the screen, a spherical UFO fades into view. That's probably the creepiest footage I've seen in a long time. It seems to undulate/vibrate as well, which at first I thought was because of the quality of the camera, but if you notice the undulation/vibration is localized to the UFO.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Thank you Trueman.

I closed everything up and went to bed.

Watching now. Not much to see except dust.

Jeez with what is going on in Nepal, I hope this big girl doesn't totally let go.

The amount of ash is just a wow.
edit on 25-4-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

hey, at least it wasn't a huge volcano. or else it would block out the sun.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofching

Oh thanks Ching.........If we end up facing an eternal winter I hope someone carves those words on your tombstone.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

My friend lives in the south of Argentina (Viedma, aprox. 900 km from the volcano) and the ashes are now covering their skies. This pic he took yesterday lunchtime, the sun high in the sky and yet it was dark like late evening.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Those are more ashes than what I was expecting to see. Soon we might need to check the records, if a third event takes place. Thanks for the update.

Well i couldnt translate what they had put here. They are saying as of right now its the fourth largest eruption with ash emissions. Just not sure if they are talking about just in chile. On there page thought it shows it as 5th.

According to an estimate by the body, it is the fourth largest eruption with ash emissions.

SERNAGEOMIN estimated at 210 million cubic meters of volcanic material issued by the #Calbuco

Source

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

My friend lives in the south of Argentina (Viedma, aprox. 900 km from the volcano) and the ashes are now covering their skies. This pic he took yesterday lunchtime, the sun high in the sky and yet it was dark like late evening.

Thanks for posting that. I was wondering how it was going with all the ash. It hasn't stopped and if another eruption happens, I believe it might be bad for awhile. It must be difficult to breath by now and engines will be having trouble if the filters aren't replaced. When volcanoes smoke like this, they cause a lot of damage.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join