It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of UFO by plane in Rome baffles investigators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
UFO investigators say they are baffled by the object caught on camera by a professional photographer in Rome.

The unnamed man was filming a plane from his home on the City outskirts when the object was caught.He did not see the UFO until reviewing his video footage back, according to www.(nolink) Local UFO researchers were as baffled as the witness to what it the flying object could be.It is now being investigated by the Mediterranean UFO Center (C.UFO.M). C.UFO.M says the person who captured the footage is a professional photographer who specializes in taking photographs of actors, singers, and other important people. C.UFO.M said: "Upon review of the video, the photographer noticed a strange object pop onto the screen for a short period of time."

UFO over Rome

Source
edit on 22-4-2015 by lucifuge because: forgot source

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Looks like a balloon to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well its defenantly unidentified until its identified.

Nice video, Looks like its either a silver balloon or a genuine disc in the sky.

Either way they are out there. I hope you get an experience for yourself OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Don't think its a balloon. Shape, colouring, lights, movement etc

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Its clearly a fake video!

He says he didn't even notice it til after, but there's no images with both the airplane (he was filming) and the UFO together. Then with the entertaining background music, it becomes perfectly clear that this video is simply a ploy to get more clicks on youtube.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ufo video with added music = fake.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19264042]lucifuge[/post
If it's anything to do with youtube then it's fake.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Odd choice of music.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have found that, typically, when a "UFO" isn't noticed during the original filming it is likely a bug flying by or something close to the camera that is very small. Makes sense to miss things like that, and even if not initially missed, it is something that would not be remembered.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

Believe it or not i saw propbably the same UFO with a dark blue color on it after my encounter a black chopper apeard to search for it and flew past me and aimed some lights at me and my friend ( they are very fast )

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It looks like someone tossed a coin into the air.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm more baffled by the early 80s sitcom music.

Bumblebee? Dragonfly? I didn't see the "ufo" during the footage of the plane. Why was the guy filming a plane anyway? Chemtrail enthusiast?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
I'm more baffled by the early 80s sitcom music.

Bumblebee? Dragonfly? I didn't see the "ufo" during the footage of the plane. Why was the guy filming a plane anyway? Chemtrail enthusiast?

Good question.
Typically, you get that question when someone fakes a ufo video, as in why were they filming that?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Here's the video in HD , it looks like a Mylar balloon as has already been stated , the perceived lights are caused by the Sun reflecting off the Mylar as the balloon moves.

edit on 22-4-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The blown-up image of the "ufo" superimposed next to the plane makes for a good YouTube thumbnail too. Clickbait.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Rather naivley when I saw the object from the rear I did think it was an SR71 Blackbird. But my first thought was why film that plane in the sky anyway?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
CUFOM? Oh my God...

I'm an Italian blogger and UFO enthusiast and I know very well this self-styled UFO Center: they are hoaxers without any technical preparation: balloons, sky lanterns, planets, airplanes, contrails, birds, bugs, lens flare... Everything listed is for them an UFO!

In this footage the supposed UFO over Rome is a balloon.
edit on 22-4-2015 by ufoofinterest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"UFO investigators" are baffled?
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Meanwhile, everyone who doesn't have a biased interest in claiming this is a UFO can say with some certainty that it's MORE LIKELY a stray balloon or two.

At the very least we can say with absolute certainty that this again adds absolutely nothing to the validity of any claim.

Somewhere a small child is lamenting the loss.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"UFO Investigators" must be the most easily-baffleable people in the world.

Me thinks it may have something to do with their proclivity to claim "If it's not obviously a plane, it's definitely a UFO."

Rational skeptic: "It kinda looks like a bug/balloon/kite/bird/hoax to me..."

UFO Investigator: "Nah, it's out-of-focus and was filmed for no good reason... definitely a UFO."

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
"UFO Investigators" must be the most easily-baffleable people in the world.

Me thinks it may have something to do with their proclivity to claim "If it's not obviously a plane, it's definitely a UFO."

Rational skeptic: "It kinda looks like a bug/balloon/kite/bird/hoax to me..."

UFO Investigator: "Nah, it's out-of-focus and was filmed for no good reason... definitely a UFO."

Ugggh...Yes.

One particular case (in the video below) always bothers me because the "aviation expert" is obviously not expert enough to consider the idea that the UFO in below video could be insect. At around the 1:50 mark, he says "I know of nothing that can fly as fast"; however, he seems to ignore the possibility that the objects are relatively close to the camera, thus only appear to be flying at super-speeds.

He may be an aviation expert, but he surely isn't a video expert (nor even a video layman). If he stopped to put some critical thinking into what he was saying, he would realize that without knowing how far the objects are from the camera, he has no way to determine the speed of the objects -- i.e., it could be insects moving at insect speeds a few meters from the camera. NOT necessarily objects moving in the distance at fantastic speeds

But of course, the local news and CNN doesn't stop to consider that, either. So the headline becomes "Aviation expert baffled by UFO video".

It's frustrating.

edit on 4/22/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join