It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds investigating video of US Marshal destroying woman’s camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
With the recent trend of video evidence exposing what many have known for some time now, that sometimes law enforcement lies, it's becoming more important than ever to record as many police actions as possible. There is even a push in many jurisdictions to mandate the use of body cams by law enforcement. This new world of holding law enforcement accountable through video isn't being accepted so easily by some however.

A California woman was videotaping an arrest in a Los Angeles suburb recently when a rifle-toting police officer charged towards her and destroyed the recording device. Now federal authorities say they’re investigating the incident.

In the 53-scond clip, a woman is seen holding what appears to be a small camera or cellphone in front of her face, with the police activity occurring around 15 feet in front of her. Halfway through the recording, an officer with a rifle in tow rushed towards the woman and reached for the device.

A loud noise is audible as the officer smashes the camera on the ground and boots it away. He was then filmed walking away from the scene as the woman went to pick up what was left of her device.

The officer that rushed towards the woman has been identified as a member of the United States Marshals, NBC reported. A spokesperson for the agency told the television network that the video “is being reviewed.”

More than likely this US Marshal was annoyed by the camera wielding woman rather than actively trying to cover up any specific wrongdoing. That of course isn't a great excuse and in doing what he did he created a situation that was completely unnecessary. He also broke numerous laws including assault and destruction of property which I'm sure he will never be held accountable for.

Source
edit on 21-4-2015 by FraggleRock because: added source

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So the FEDS are gonna investigate the FEDS. Anyone FED up with the bs?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

It's all about controlling the evidence. LEO's know that.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm
So the FEDS are gonna investigate the FEDS. Anyone FED up with the bs?

We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong. If you disagree we will press charges...and by prsss charges I mean shoot you 187 times then yell "Freeze!".

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's tough when as a cop you have to accept that the actual truth can be seen by others instead of what you alone dictate it as.

What follows is unbridled anger and resentment as most people in law enforcement today don't give a damn about serving the community but only their own egos and anger issues.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Yep. Conflict of interest is never a concern when law enforcement investigates their own.

a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

And they are finally starting to lose that control. I can imagine the lie he would have formulated and his buddies would have supported had there not been a second camera rolling.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

And the officer will get administrative leave ( a paid vacation) and not even have to pay for the ladies camera.

What a pos.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It can't be emphasized enough. If the cops come within 50 metres of you, get your iphone, ipod, smart phone or whatever you got out and tape 'everything'.

Some of them simply can't be trusted to be civilized or play fair, trust me!!!
edit on 21-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We hear this all the time in Ca. Many LEO's have lots of a.t.t.i.t.u.d.e. and little to no r.e.s.p.e.c.t. for those persons who pay their salaries.

I am in no way anti-law enforcement, in fact I have relatives who are veteran LEOs...but what I saw in that clip is not surprising to me. The Marshal initiated assault on the woman over a camera??!!!

I can only shake my head.

In case the following story didn't run here on ATS, check THIS one out!

A Santa Maria (California) police officer suspected of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl was shot and killed Saturday by a fellow officer as he was about to be arrested, authorities said.

The officer, who has not been identified, was near the end of his shift at a DUI checkpoint when supervisors arrived after 1 a.m. to detain him, Police Chief Danny R. Macagni told reporters at an afternoon news conference. There was a struggle, the suspect officer drew his weapon and fired his gun; a fellow officer then shot the suspect in the chest, Macagni said.

“He chose to resist,” Macagni said. “He drew his weapon. A fight ensued. He fired his weapon. And one of my officers that was there also discharged his weapon and the officer was fatally wounded.”

Source

What is this world coming to??

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've said it before, the police should be held to a higher standard than the public, and if lead by example still means anything then we are all in big trouble.....what would that officer do if another officer did that to his wife? Someday that is going to happen

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

what would that officer do if another officer did that to his wife? 

They would probably get a two for one discount on their all-inclusive vacation.

top topics

join