It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multistate Outbreak of Listeriosis Linked to Blue Bell Creameries Products

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities, including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Blue Bell announced this recall after sampling conducted by the company revealed that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream half gallons produced on March 17, 2015 and March 27, 2015 contained the bacteria.

I almost bought some Blue Bell last night at the store. I'm very glad I didn't. Hopefully this is contained and is not wide-spread.
edit on 21-4-2015 by RockerDom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RockerDom

On April 20, 2015, Blue Bell Creameries voluntarily recalled all of its products currently on the market made at all of its facilities, including ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Blue Bell announced this recall after sampling conducted by the company revealed that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream half gallons produced on March 17, 2015 and March 27, 2015 contained the bacteria.

I almost bought some Blue Bell last night at the store. I'm very glad I didn't. Hopefully this is contained and is not wide-spread.

I got listeria sepsis when I was pregnant with my daughter 20 years ago. Because I'm the only case in the county, in the state, in that year, they have no clue where I got it from and couldn't trace it down. My daughter died in the womb but they were able to revive her and she died 3 more times that day and was revived each time. In almost died myself because of it being in the blood. That's one germ I will not mess with. I have witnessed it's awesome power, so to speak. Be careful.

As a side note, Blue Bell has a good safety history with their product. I think this is connected to the last recall with the hospital ice cream I posted awhile back.

First recall in 108 year history thread

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
listeriosis is no joke,
i caught a case of it a few years ago from cheese.
You know it grows well in damp refrigerators,
you can give it to yourself

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We got a heads-up call on this last week from the Kroger where we purchased the ice cream. Sadly, our carton had very little left in it when the call came in. Fortunately, we are fine, no symptoms. We were eating the divine chocolate that Blue Bell makes rather than one of the products listed in the initial recall.
I am wondering why it took this long to get the information out to the general media. A story in the local paper today was the first I'd seen about the recall.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
We got a heads-up call on this last week from the Kroger where we purchased the ice cream. Sadly, our carton had very little left in it when the call came in. Fortunately, we are fine, no symptoms. We were eating the divine chocolate that Blue Bell makes rather than one of the products listed in the initial recall.
I am wondering why it took this long to get the information out to the general media. A story in the local paper today was the first I'd seen about the recall.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
According to the news at six thirty here, there could have been problems as far back as 2010. I guess that was their last major inspection. If lysteria gets in a plant, it can spread and hide in some pretty secluded places making it hard to clean up.

They should just hose everything down with chemicals every day and then we won't die of lysteria, we'll die from chemical poisoning.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
listeriosis is no joke,

2 years later, after another miscarriage, I had a doctor tell me I might carry it naturally in my body and that every pregnancy would result in miscarriage or still birth. (This was my 2nd miscarriage, and he classified my daughter's birth as a stillbirth since she was born dead.) He said most women when they get pregnant, their body sees the fetus as a parasite, but the body allows the parasite to thrive until it is expelled from the body, but a very few amount of women, the body sees the fetus as a virus and the body's white blood cells attack the fetus until it is dead. He suspected that was what was happening with me. I got my tubes burned, but would you believe I had 3 more miscarriages after. Documented. One ectopic. I'm blessed my daughter is here and I have her in my life. That's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Some people can consume a product with listeria in it and have no ill effects. Usually it's people with weakened immune systems that will suffer. Such as very small children, pregnant women, elderly, people with low immune system period (like myself), cancer victims, etc...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: punkinworks10
listeriosis is no joke,

2 years later, after another miscarriage, I had a doctor tell me I might carry it naturally in my body and that every pregnancy would result in miscarriage or still birth. (This was my 2nd miscarriage, and he classified my daughter's birth as a stillbirth since she was born dead.) He said most women when they get pregnant, their body sees the fetus as a parasite, but the body allows the parasite to thrive until it is expelled from the body, but a very few amount of women, the body sees the fetus as a virus and the body's white blood cells attack the fetus until it is dead. He suspected that was what was happening with me. I got my tubes burned, but would you believe I had 3 more miscarriages after. Documented. One ectopic. I'm blessed my daughter is here and I have her in my life. That's good enough for me.

Good for you!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Good for you!

Thank you! She's the sweetest person you'll ever meet. She swears she met 2 of her brothers and sisters when she was in Heaven. She used to play with them in her room as a child. She even named them when she was a kid.

top topics

join